Closed Thread
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:42 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Michael, that is still messed up in the roll axis. It is almost like something is loose. For your setup, the roll scaling/gain should be set to 30.3750 and the acceleration set to about 250. You should not have to mess with the PID settings at all.

First of all, we need to make sure it isn't something mechanical, and/or a bad servo. This will be easier, over the phone. If you have time today, email me when that will be, and I'll give you a call. Otherwise, we can do it any day this week.

-- Gary
I'm free all day. I'll email my cell.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:33 AM
Joined Mar 2012
880 Posts
Crappy day over here yesterday... Thought I would take the lobster up to "catch" some sunshine

FPV - Chase the sun (2 min 5 sec)
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:45 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Crappy day over here yesterday... Thought I would take the lobster up to "catch" some sunshine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aPJO9B4nz0
The envelope please ---------- Now accepting the award for most artistic video -------Come on down "Cedric".
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:22 AM
damn you tree!
Foster City, CA
Joined Dec 2005
233 Posts
Just checking in on status of a mount and ag700 gimbal for the s800 - - I like the idea of the slr setup, but having the option to run the rx100 with a gopro to have stills and video at the same time. I remember seeing an example a while back, and it looked enticing!
Anyone else looking to have a setup like that?
roballoba is offline Find More Posts by roballoba
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:22 AM
Joined Mar 2012
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
The envelope please ---------- Now accepting the award for most artistic video -------Come on down "Cedric".
Haha, thanks John

I waited so long to get a shot like this and conditions were just right that day!
And I appreciate the compliment although I did not do much except for setting GPS mode and applying some throttle

Cheers,

Cedric
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roballoba View Post
Just checking in on status of a mount and ag700 gimbal for the s800 - - I like the idea of the slr setup, but having the option to run the rx100 with a gopro to have stills and video at the same time. I remember seeing an example a while back, and it looked enticing!
Anyone else looking to have a setup like that?
Actually I would be interested too.
I have an S800 with Zenmuse so I'm stuck with the Nex-5n. I'd love to stick a GH3 under the S800 instead!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:38 AM
damn you tree!
Foster City, CA
Joined Dec 2005
233 Posts
Nice clouds Cedric - it's like you had to periscope up to see what the day was doing! Its pretty tough to get much cloud popping around here...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:44 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
337 Posts
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aPJO9B4nz0
Cool vid. QUESTION- What kind of moisture is there when you pass through the clouds? Any chance of over saturation??
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:26 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
502 Posts
Quote:
Agreed! Nice one Cedric.

Could you see your rig through the clouds?

When I took mine up I could barely see a faint outline.
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:13 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
nice Ced. amazing video. wow. we are finishing up the phantom isolation. amongst other stuff. doing batch of ag700 at the moment as well.

I do have s800 adapter. using 8 silicone grommette. uses 12mm clamp . could easily run ag700. only concern I do have concerns the vibration. I've heard that s800 is prone to more vibration. otherwise, we can set you up.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:15 PM
damn you tree!
Foster City, CA
Joined Dec 2005
233 Posts
sign me up... I have tried to get one set up from you guys for some time now...
Thanks!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
880 Posts
Thanks guys

I could not see it at all from the ground, and there was of course that point where I could not see anything from the ground or on the screen

I was a bit worried about moisture, but everything was dry except for the arms near the motors. I guess the props whipped the moisture out of the clouds

Cheers!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined Mar 2012
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
nice Ced. amazing video. wow. we are finishing up the phantom isolation. amongst other stuff. doing batch of ag700 at the moment as well.

I do have s800 adapter. using 8 silicone grommette. uses 12mm clamp . could easily run ag700. only concern I do have concerns the vibration. I've heard that s800 is prone to more vibration. otherwise, we can set you up.
Hmmm, missed that! I would love to try the S800 adapter, and I have a full S800 LG available for mounting since I now also have the retracts...

Would the AG600 work for the GH3 do you think? I would rather test with my existing gimbal before getting an AG700. And how about an AG600 to 700 conversion?

Vibration is a good point, seems like everything other than a Zenmuse doesn't work well on the S800. I am going to try the Carbon sleeve mod on the arms to see if it helps...

Let me know the cost for the S800 adapter Andrey, I'll paypal you the funds

Thanks,

Cedric
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined May 2010
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulsen View Post
Long time since I tried my AG550 gimbal for the last time and as far as I can see there has happened quite a lot on the gimbal since then.

Is it any chance to upgrade my current gimbal bought last summer to a new revision without buying a complete new set?

Here is some picture of my gimbal. Also a picture of my home-made Y6. Works like a charm!
Could somebody answer my questions some pages back? Thanks.. :-)
Trulsen is offline Find More Posts by Trulsen
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:06 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
hi trulsen. the big issue of v1.5 to v2.0 is that it is a completely new system with very little being reused. We can provide a discount for v1.x owner for v2.0 (10 %) and deduct the price of the servo if you want to reuse it. if you want to go this route, let me know.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread