HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:11 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
I was flying at our club field and there isn't much to shoot there, so I decided to do a hill climb. That hill is about 400 feet tall (according to my osd) and 2500 feet out, so I had to book it to get back before my timer went off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB8uPF3tzb8
Holy moly. That's definitely not LOS unless you have eyes like an eagle.

Great job on that Eagleloaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
That looks pretty good as far as Jello goes. Man, I ordered my GoPro3 directly from GoPro a week ago and it still hasn't shipped. I want to get this in my hands so I can start playing with it. It's going on my Skywalker FPV plane first I think, then will play around with it on my old F550.
And me too. No shipping notice yet. Grrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdww View Post
Check out the video I created with my Askman Gimbal. I still have a small issue in the roll servo, so I used some post stabilization.
That was super rad- great job!
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Banana Furikake; Jan 28, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:36 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
I put that video through mercalli and it made major improvements . as Gary said, it does wonderful job on roll and decent job on bounces. left the border just to show how much it was compensating.

gp3 2 7k after mercalli (1 min 40 sec)

nice job jdb
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:19 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,621 Posts
Hi guys,

I need some help here. I watched the "hill climb" video where someone was using a Askman Lobster y-6 frame. After searching the web for a while, I had found a site that carried a bunch of different frames. For some reason, I cannot find the site anymore?! Who sells the damn Askman frames?!

thanks,

G
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:21 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
I put that video through mercalli and it made major improvements . as Gary said, it does wonderful job on roll and decent job on bounces. left the border just to show how much it was compensating.

http://youtu.be/GfRrnV3aaSc

nice job jdb
Did you ever try Vreveal?! I think the result is gonna way better!!! It is free, for the basic features. After that it is $49 bucks which isn't bad at all!!! Check it out!!!

thanks,

G
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:25 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Wonder if any of ya'll have experience with infrared shutter releases. I have the flytron, activated by a 3 position switch on my TX and it works perfectly on the bench, but won't work/ shuts itself off in the air. Is it because of bright sunlight or something? Do I need to have a shade over it?

Thanks,

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Sunlight will kill and IR signal. Yes you'll need a shade.

I have a little coax heli that is IR, I can fly it in the shade but the second I get in the sun it drops
I started thinking about what to make the shade out of, plywood, balsa... and then thought what the heck

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:51 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
Hi guys,

I need some help here. I watched the "hill climb" video where someone was using a Askman Lobster y-6 frame. After searching the web for a while, I had found a site that carried a bunch of different frames. For some reason, I cannot find the site anymore?! Who sells the damn Askman frames?!

thanks,

G
www.tppacks.com
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:35 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
Did you ever try Vreveal?! I think the result is gonna way better!!! It is free, for the basic features. After that it is $49 bucks which isn't bad at all!!! Check it out!!!

thanks,

G
I just tried Vreveal and it doesn't seem to allow you to import videos very easily. I have mp4 (that its suppose to support) video files that I tried to import and they won't. No video I have will import. Reading through their forums everyone says it garbage software. Get what you pay for I guess.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:38 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
502 Posts
Delete
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:49 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
for lesser expensive software, I've been happy with corel video studio pro. it has mercalli built in and has enough functionality that I am still learning to use it. it is not cs6, but I think it is good value.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:57 AM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,543 Posts
Quote:
I started thinking about what to make the shade out of, plywood, balsa... and then thought what the heck

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
I have a much easier method. Just put a small piece of black electrical tape on the LED (flat, not wrapped) and it works like a charm.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:06 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
Very nice.

Are you guys still considering a simple mount for the RX100 as Gary indicated early on?
The RX100 is still one of my favorites, so we will always be looking at options for getting the most use out of this camera. At the moment, I'm testing my RX100 on a "balanced" AG600 installed on a Shrimp with isolated motors. In the past, the only way I've found to eliminate jello with this camera is to use an extra EAR-based secondary baseplate. For certain conditions, however, this sort of setup is less than optimum, for controlling micro-bounces. My hope is that by moving this secondary isolation to the motors, the RX100 will be still be jello free, while everything south of IMS silicon isolators can remain as rigid as possible, not to mention, balanced.

The other extreme jello machine is the Hero3 Black, but mainly in the challenging 2.7k/30p mode. This is actually the worst case I've seen, for jello, so once we solve it for this mode/camera, on the F330 and on the Phantom, it will apply for the RX100 as well. That said, I'm not sure a single-axis, or iso-only, mount is going to be right for the RX100. With the H3B/2.7k, there is the "extra" resolution that lets you use something like Mercalli to remove roll movements, at least, and then zoom the image in to remove the borders, and not take a quality hit in resolution. If you do this with the RX100 (use Mercalli to remove roll movements...), and you zoom in the image to remove the borders, you will lose resolution/quality.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:32 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,168 Posts
Quote:

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
I just tape mine on the camera with some black tape...
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:37 AM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
hi guys a non realted question but I would love the opinion of the advanced users in this group.

I have issues with Naza losing level... so much so that full forwared stick input means it only stays in one place.... of course this is incredibly dangerous.

One day it files fine the next its a danger to fly.
3.2kg hexa flying with 10" APC props on Foxtech FPV hexa frame.
I fly with flashed esc's and gains are relatively low at 180

Anyone else have this issue? I posted in the Naza thread but thought I would see here too.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:39 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
hi guys a non realted question but I would love the opinion of the advanced users in this group.

I have issues with Naza losing level... so much so that full forwared stick input means it only stays in one place.... of course this is incredibly dangerous.

One day it files fine the next its a danger to fly.
3.2kg hexa flying with 10" APC props on Foxtech FPV hexa frame.
I fly with flashed esc's and gains are relatively low at 180

Anyone else have this issue? I posted in the Naza thread but thought I would see here too.

Steve
Could possibly be an issue with letting it warm up before flight. I know the Phantom now has lights to indicate when the IMU is warmed up and it can take a few minutes or more at times.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:48 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,163 Posts
Steve, does it make a difference whether it is in GPS vs Attitude mode? If it is GPS mode, are you getting zero, or one red flash? What are your Attitude gains set at? These are the ones that set the control authority of the sticks.

The intermittent nature of this tends to make me believe it is either a faulty IMU or a bad GPS sensor. If it does this in the Attitude mode, as well as GPS mode, it most likely be the IMU. If it only does it in GPS mode, I'd say it is the GPS module, or a bad connection to the Naza unit.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Closed Thread