HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:05 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
this is very rough video, just testing for the isolation. bit gusty rainy day. I need to turn down the gain a bit as I was getting bit of shakes. and I do know that it is more prone to jello in clear sunny weather. this is using stock phantom and props. just a simple isolation mount. I need to move the camera forward a bit (I moved it back about 1", but looks like I need to move it back for a bit as I either see the prop or lg if I tilt down) and have it fixed in the code. I am running 4 silicon grommette.

gopro3 2 7k (1 min 46 sec)

there are so many unknown in brushless system, I really can't say much. until we actually have some of the part on hand, we won't have good estimate on pricing for a while. and yes, at least 6 month out. it is different to build one using handwound motor compared to making a production class setup. there are lot of investment that goes into making these up even when we are efficient. be patient and it will happen.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:15 AM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
this is very rough video, just testing for the isolation. bit gusty rainy day. I need to turn down the gain a bit as I was getting bit of shakes. and I do know that it is more prone to jello in clear sunny weather. this is using stock phantom and props. just a simple isolation mount. I need to move the camera forward a bit (I moved it back about 1", but looks like I need to move it back for a bit as I either see the prop or lg if I tilt down) and have it fixed in the code. I am running 4 silicon grommette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Mredm9XTU

there are so many unknown in brushless system, I really can't say much. until we actually have some of the part on hand, we won't have good estimate on pricing for a while. and yes, at least 6 month out. it is different to build one using handwound motor compared to making a production class setup. there are lot of investment that goes into making these up even when we are efficient. be patient and it will happen.
That looks pretty good as far as Jello goes. Man, I ordered my GoPro3 directly from GoPro a week ago and it still hasn't shipped. I want to get this in my hands so I can start playing with it. It's going on my Skywalker FPV plane first I think, then will play around with it on my old F550.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:31 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
I was flying at our club field and there isn't much to shoot there, so I decided to do a hill climb. That hill is about 400 feet tall (according to my osd) and 2500 feet out, so I had to book it to get back before my timer went off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB8uPF3tzb8
That was fun, I liked it. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:50 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
I've ordered mine from REI ( because I am a member and we get 10% back at the end of the year) and got it quick. I am pretty impressed. the quality and video is much better out of camera. it is pita to have to convert it using cineform software, but overall, great output for how small the camera is.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by askman; Jan 28, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:36 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,740 Posts
Very nice.

Are you guys still considering a simple mount for the RX100 as Gary indicated early on?
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:47 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
for phantom? that would be pretty easy to do.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:08 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,740 Posts
I'm first in line for a RX100 isolation mount (manual tilt).

Where do I pay?

daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:29 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,952 Posts
I plan in upgrading the props on my F550 to Graupners 10x5s, is there anything else i need to get to make them fit? Thanks

Kyle
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:01 PM
Joined May 2010
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
I plan in upgrading the props on my F550 to Graupners 10x5s, is there anything else i need to get to make them fit? Thanks

Kyle
What size is your motorshaft?

Graupner has 8mm hole. You probably need adapters/inserts.
Trulsen is offline Find More Posts by Trulsen
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:08 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Infrared Shutter Problems

Wonder if any of ya'll have experience with infrared shutter releases. I have the flytron, activated by a 3 position switch on my TX and it works perfectly on the bench, but won't work/ shuts itself off in the air. Is it because of bright sunlight or something? Do I need to have a shade over it?

Thanks,

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:20 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Sunlight will kill and IR signal. Yes you'll need a shade.

I have a little coax heli that is IR, I can fly it in the shade but the second I get in the sun it drops
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:27 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulsen View Post
What size is your motorshaft?

Graupner has 8mm hole. You probably need adapters/inserts.
They are the standard motors that come with the DJI F550 ARF. I haven't gotten ARF yet, should arrive this week. I'm going to order the Graupner and wanted to make sure i order anything else i need to make them fit. Thanks
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Depends on the revision of the motors. Newer motors need a washer to make the prop nuts tighten down. DO NOT USE THE DJI PROP NUTS. Get some Nyloc nuts.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:01 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Check out the video I created with my Askman Gimbal. I still have a small issue in the roll servo, so I used some post stabilization.

ARCA FREEZE FLY 2013 (5 min 10 sec)
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:30 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdww View Post
Check out the video I created with my Askman Gimbal. I still have a small issue in the roll servo, so I used some post stabilization.

http://vimeo.com/58330258
Nice! Nothing like some arial vid of huckin
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Closed Thread