Joined Jul 2012
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Thanks Ken. I'll check those links
My pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
Thanks Kenji. I was flying in GPS mode the whole time. In situations where I'm a little nervous about where I'm flying, I just trust the GPS mode the most. I like the fact that I can just take my hands off the sticks without it drifting to far before it stops.

One downside about Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is that you can't do a time stretch and Warp Stabilizer at the same time. You have to take the clip, time stretch it and export it as a separate file. Then re-import it and warp stabilizer it. Or I guess you could do it the other way around.
I hear ya- GPS does give a sense of comfort. Just remember to switch to ATTI if start to toilet bowl. (learned my lesson). I've started switching back and forth between ATTI and GPS mid flight- and that's been working pretty well.

Thanks for the heads up on that! I did notice I couldn't apply time effects. I'm thinking my workflow may use FCP X to do color correction and editing (timing)- and use Premiere to do the stabilization. Only downside is that it's going to eat up twice the HD space. (unless I can figure out how to do the import without duplication of video)

Quote:
Feel free to use any of my videos on your website.

GoPro finally is selling the Hero 3 Blacks in their VIP discount program, so I got to order one today. Looking forward to playing with it next week. I have my old DJI F550 sitting here, I might mount a KK2 board on it and then use it as a GoPro platform. I might have to check out a GoPro brushless setup if those are out first. I'll use the Lobster for my NEX 5N then.
Thanks for posting about the Hero 3. I finally got mine ordered last night too. I also pre-ordered the Sony HDR-CX430V- I was looking at the new models that were coming out and was surprised to see that the 430V has BOSS.

On a side note I'll post pics of my home-made non-glasses FPV set-up. Constructed so you can use it to frame your shots- and do it while using LOS (you can switch to looking at the video screen to pilot if necessary).
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:58 PM
Australia, NSW, Wollongong
Joined Aug 2011
310 Posts
Im so happy with my AG550 V1, very much looking forward to purchasing the upgraded ag600 and ag700 gimbals.

Here's some footageI shot this weekend on the original ag550 V1 gimbal. Pretty damn stable, I'm assuming it's only going to get better with the 600 and 700.

Appin Moto X Track filmed from the air (hexacopter) (3 min 25 sec)
slidins15 is offline Find More Posts by slidins15
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:23 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Thanks John,
I am using a 600mw 5.8Ghz IRC tx, and IRC diversity rx with a monitor instead of goggles. Exactly this setup except I got the LCD screen way before the FPV tray combo:
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=8282
Cheers, Cedric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake View Post
On a side note I'll post pics of my home-made non-glasses FPV set-up. Constructed so you can use it to frame your shots- and do it while using LOS (you can switch to looking at the video screen to pilot if necessary).
Here I thought I had just made this up, and was unique. Now I read that you both have something like this, AND they are marketed. I guess I have to get out more, so I know what is happening in the world. --- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:49 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
104 Posts
I could finally read every page of this thread!!! ... looking forward for antivibration mounts news..
clacho is offline Find More Posts by clacho
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:22 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Here I thought I had just made this up, and was unique. Now I read that you both have something like this, AND they are marketed. I guess I have to get out more, so I know what is happening in the world. --- JOHN
This is what I use...

gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:03 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
This is what I use...

Just ordered that same setup yesterday. Can't wait to get it. I plan on putting vrxs and antennas on it. Its a Secraft product from Korea.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:56 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,980 Posts
where did you order that screen order from ? looks nice.

steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:13 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
where did you order that screen order from ? looks nice.

steve
Got mine on Ebay from China but ReadmadeRC has them now. Make sure you get the ones that have NO BLUE SCREEN!
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:14 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,980 Posts
I have the screen... was wondering about the screen clamp to your TX, I have made my own but that looks nice too.

Thanks!

steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:35 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
I am hit by a nasty cold. (and bit of throat infection . yuch) I hate winter and the cold) lol

Gary is back, but he is also sick according to his email. (jet lag and bad air makes for likelihood of flu) so I am sure he will check in.

I did receive the motor that I will be basing my brushless mock up on. I have to remove the shaft and reverse it. (it is on tight though, so I will need to press it out) we will probably need ot have the motor custom wound though for max torque. (that will require special order and I am having it looked into) but current one should be ok for light load.

anyhow. I am using pirate eye, but they are spendy. I really did not like having the screen on teh tx. Kenji has a neat setup for his screen. he should post pic of.

sounds like hx30v may be a good Image stab like rx100. sounds like a good option for cheaper camera
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by askman; Jan 21, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:16 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
430 Posts
ok ok ok. so I finally got around... ahem... my wife got around to taking some pictures. she's not that great at taking photos.

this is my el cheapo FPV setup. what's nice is I can swivel the TV in any direction and the strap keeps it tight so it doesn't swing around. also don't have to look straight down to view.

From Amazon
CowboyStudio Shoulder Support Pad for Video Camcorder Camera DV / DC- $26
AnkerŪ Astro3 10000mAh Multi-voltage 5V / 9V / 12V 2A External Battery Pack- $60
VIZIO VMB070 (has it's own battery)- refurb- $60

From Home Depot
Sheet metal
Coroplast that is used for for sale signs etc
Flat black spray paint
Velcro
Nylon screws nuts
Truck bed liner (thin rubber)
Insulation
1/4 inch nut
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Banana Furikake; Jan 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:18 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
That's too awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
I am hit by a nasty cold. (and bit of throat infection . yuch) I hate winter and the cold) lol

Gary is back, but he is also sick according to his email. (jet lag and bad air makes for likelihood of flu) so I am sure he will check in.

I did receive the motor that I will be basing my brushless mock up on. I have to remove the shaft and reverse it. (it is on tight though, so I will need to press it out) we will probably need ot have the motor custom wound though for max torque. (that will require special order and I am having it looked into) but current one should be ok for light load.

anyhow. I am using pirate eye, but they are spendy. I really did not like having the screen on teh tx. Kenji has a neat setup for his screen. he should post pic of.

sounds like hx30v may be a good Image stab like rx100. sounds like a good option for cheaper camera
Feel better soon. Gary- you too.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Banana Furikake; Jan 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:46 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Mar 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
I went yesterday to visit the USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier docked in Alameda, CA. It was a WW2 era aircraft carrier that was saved from being scrapped by a very dedicated group of volunteers and is now a floating museum. The weather was perfect, so I ended up getting 6 flights over the carrier, although I had to edit the footage way down. I also did add some warp stabilization because it just makes it so silky smooth. Between having my Lobster/AG600 flying really well and learning about stabilizing my footage, it's given me a whole new desire to find new, interesting things to shoot.

This is best viewed on the youtube site on full screen at 1080 resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYgmMSsB_To
Great looking work.
red1one is offline Find More Posts by red1one
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:25 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidins15 View Post
Im so happy with my AG550 V1, very much looking forward to purchasing the upgraded ag600 and ag700 gimbals.

Here's some footageI shot this weekend on the original ag550 V1 gimbal. Pretty damn stable, I'm assuming it's only going to get better with the 600 and 700.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iZVWHWZtu8
WOW nice footage.
Whats your setup?
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:57 AM
United States, CA, Marin County
Joined Apr 2009
805 Posts
I've spent an hour or two reading through this thread, and I just realized that it's several hundred pages long. I wonder if someone might do me a favor and help me with a bit of information that I can't seem to find.

Am I correct that Askman or GGoodrum is still selling the 2-axis gimbals that are discussed at the beginning of the thread? Is there a website from which we can order them, or do we send one of those guys a message? Also, did the price end up being in the $110 range?

Thanks,

TL
wtl0715 is offline Find More Posts by wtl0715
Closed Thread