HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:34 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
Im using a gopro 3. not much balancing necessary here. that's for bigger cams. I don't even have a bacpac on mine.
Pretty light unit but still have to look at whether the tray is balanced too (and add the go pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Kenji, thanks for that video. All I ever did was try to get the middle of my lens in the middle of the pivot point, Now I have to go and try out the balance thing. -- JOHN
No prob! I was pretty surprised too once I did the steps.

Just as an update- after balancing, replacing a prop (which was pretty closed to balanced but not perfect), tightening up the belt to make sure there was no slop, replacing the servo- it's just about perfect with the gimbal. I may try loosening the vibration isolation just a touch.

I think now all I have to do is set the midpoint on roll, make a change to the scaling factor, adjust the NAZA gains- and I think I may have it done. The last thing I could do is balance the motors but I don't know if it's worth it. The other thing I'm going to try is to mount my hacked GF2- Andrey mentioned that the color on the Panasonics are amazing.

1_5_13_Shrimp_Test (2 min 1 sec)
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:44 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake View Post
Pretty light unit but still have to look at whether the tray is balanced too (and add the go pro)

No prob! I was pretty surprised too once I did the steps.

Just as an update- after balancing, replacing a prop (which was pretty closed to balanced but not perfect), tightening up the belt to make sure there was no slop, replacing the servo- it's just about perfect with the gimbal. I may try loosening the vibration isolation just a touch.

I think now all I have to do is set the midpoint on roll, make a change to the scaling factor, adjust the NAZA gains- and I think I may have it done. The last thing I could do is balance the motors but I don't know if it's worth it. The other thing I'm going to try is to mount my hacked GF2- Andrey mentioned that the color on the Panasonics are amazing.

https://vimeo.com/56829641
looks really good.

so i took my roll belt of with gorpo on. it is very heavy on the side with the pitch servo. I think I can move my go pro over just one slot til i hit the side. hopefully that balances it.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:46 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
that looks really good kenji. load balancing is something that should be done so that it is close to being well balanced.

I got my gp3 black, but I don't have micro sd card for it. I am trying to figure it all out before I start testing it very nice looking camera. will get the sd card tomorrow.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:00 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
796 Posts
Kenji, I don't see how it can get much better. The close-ups were like it was on a tripod. I saw no vibration or anything. -- Good job, JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:01 PM
Joined Jul 2012
453 Posts
Quote:
Kenji, I don't see how it can get much better. The close-ups were like it was on a tripod. I saw no vibration or anything. -- Good job, JOHN
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
that looks really good kenji. load balancing is something that should be done so that it is close to being well balanced.
Thanks guys. Now time to find some days and conditions to do some real filming. :P
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,448 Posts
I can't find this info on the website.

How wide are the camera trays for the AG500, AG600 and AG700?
milo12 is online now Find More Posts by milo12
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:21 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
ag500 will fit rx100 type point and shoot (even gf3 , but not nex5) 4.8" width or so.

ag600 is sized for gh2 (5.6" wide )

ag700 is 6.2 or so side, but easily made bigger with longer tubes. (mostly sized for lobster at the moment)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:05 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Any update on when the DJI arm motor isolators will be available?
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:16 PM
Chris Lee
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Oct 2005
324 Posts
Vertical jitters

Hi all,

Looking for some help resolving a vertical jitter in the video.

I'm flying a Lobster Y6 with Avroto 2814 and Zinger 11x5 props. Naza FC and Hoverfly Gimbal controller. The gimbal is the kit from Rusty at AGLHobbies using MKS 950 servos. The camera is an old Canon camcorder, the HV20.

The multicopter looks perfectly stable in the air, no sign of vibration looking at it or the gimbal while in flight, but the video tells a different tale.

Stock Lobster Isolation Mount System with no additional dampening. I am looking into the motor mount dampers and possibly an additional level of dampers just below the IMS system.

However, I see a lot of great sample videos in this thread that don't appear to have gone to such lengths, so I suspect something is wrong in my setup or individual components. The Zinger props have been balanced (both the tips and the hubs), the motors have been balanced using an iPhone vibration app. I have also tried with the in-camera optical image stabilization turned off and the HoverFly Gimbal controller turned off (no change in result.) All components were new on this install.

Here is a [video removed] clip of what I'm dealing with. It appears to be a high frequency jitter that is most apparent in the vertical axis. It seems there are moments when it stops and text is clear, but mostly it's shaky.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris
lineofsight is offline Find More Posts by lineofsight
Last edited by lineofsight; Jan 08, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:35 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
796 Posts
Chris, sorry, don't know if it is just me, but can't get your video link to work. -- JOHN
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:36 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
796 Posts
WingBreaker, have you made any progress with your problem?-- JOHN
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:52 AM
Joined Jul 2012
453 Posts
Quote:
Chris, sorry, don't know if it is just me, but can't get your video link to work. -- JOHN
you may need quicktime to get it to work.

it's definitely some sort of vibration. Is your IMS too tight?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:13 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,707 Posts
Quote:
WingBreaker, have you made any progress with your problem?-- JOHN
No, haven't had time to try yet. I was flying planes yesterday at the field and my charger went out. It is going to be a few days before I try again.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:49 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
sounds like vibration issues. since you are using rusty's gimbal, you will need to get some help there from rusty.

jc. I should be able to do some more testing tomorrow. just got the new gp3. we will see what progress i can make.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:03 AM
Chris Lee
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Oct 2005
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake View Post
it's definitely some sort of vibration. Is your IMS too tight?
I have tried the IMS tightened down so the washers hit the spacer, a half-turn looser and a full-turn looser. It's a bit better at a full-turn looser but Gary was suggesting it be tight to prevent "wobbles."
lineofsight is offline Find More Posts by lineofsight
Last edited by lineofsight; Jan 07, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
Closed Thread