HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
I believe I am suffering from pancreatitis . will be getting ultrasound tomorrow hopefully. keeping my fingers crossed that gall stones are flushed and it is just the aftereffect.

otherwise, I am pretty much down for few days. anyway, keep it up and I will try to get healthy asap.
I hope you are feeling better soon!
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Mar 2012
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake View Post

Finally- here's some photos of my Shrimp build! Also- dropped the gains even further on roll and smooth as butter now. And yes- that is grass on the unit.
What kind of antenna is that you are using? and what is the cover around the GPS? why?Nice looking rig .......
red1one is online now Find More Posts by red1one
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:23 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1one View Post
What kind of antenna is that you are using?
Looks like a 2.4G Antenna for FPV gear
Quote:
and what is the cover around the GPS? why?Nice looking rig .......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
What kind of antenna is that you are using? and what is the cover around the GPS? why?Nice looking rig .......
The antenna is called a clover leaf antenna for the downlink transmitter. The cover is a protective cover for the Naza GPS antenna.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,444 Posts
I was getting some high frequency vibration hitting my NEX 5N and decided to go back and rebalance everything. I bought new 12x4 and 12x5 Zinger props for my lobster so I started off balancing the props and hubs. I can say, i had to sand down 2-3mm of wood on the hubs of some of the props to get the hubs to balance. The wood in the seems to have different density on different parts of the props. Every prop needed some balancing, but some needed a lot. If it was minor balancing, it did it with tape, it was just 3 of the props that I had actually sand down wood. After I finished the props I started balancing the hengli 4822 motors. I didn't think motor vibration was a very big deal, but most if not all of the high frequency vibration I was getting was from the motors. To start off I used a iPhone app called Vibration to measure the amount of vibration each motor was generating. I unplugged all of the motors but one and test them one at a time. I found some of the motors were nearly perfectly balanced and generated just a tiny amount of vibration. Others vibrated so violently that it was shake the phone right off. The worst offending motors only needed 3 pieces of tape to balance. What I did was start randomly on one side of the motors and then moved the tape around clockwise 1/4 at a time until I saw the vibration go down on the app. I would keep adding tape to that spot until the vibration was nearly gone.

I tested the vibration with my phone on the gimbal before and after balancing the motors and it was a huge difference. Nearly zero vibration was detected on the gimbal after the balancing. Now I just need to figure out why my copter wobbles around a bit while hovering. It's making it really hard to get good video. I have tried changing the gains about 20 times from low to high and it hasn't helped. Now I'm going to try moving the naza. After that, I'm running out of ideas. Maybe my CG is off, although I doesn't see to be?
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
418 Posts
Quote:
Thanks!

Antenna:

1.3 GHz Bluebeam Whip Antenna Set (RHCP) (IBCrazy)
Readymaderc

GPS cover:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1143

Protection.
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Quote:

Finally- here's some photos of my Shrimp build! Also- dropped the gains even further on roll and smooth as butter now. And yes- that is grass on the unit.
very interesting, I am a newbie ...
may I know, frames are you using? CF and its motor and esc?

thank you
fajaranakku is offline Find More Posts by fajaranakku
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Get well Andrey.

Alan.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:22 AM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajaranakku View Post
very interesting, I am a newbie ...
may I know, frames are you using? CF and its motor and esc?

thank you
That's the Shrimp from Andrey and Gary. You can see them at www.TPpacks.com
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:52 AM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
Yep- what daloaf says. Everything recommended- e.g. Sunnysky 2216s with Simonk 30a escs from abusemark. Zinger props.
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:53 AM
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
thanks for answers ... see the multi rotor there
fajaranakku is offline Find More Posts by fajaranakku
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Yep- what daloaf says. Everything recommended- e.g. Sunnysky 2216s with Simonk 30a escs from abusemark. Zinger props.
Are those the V series Sunnysky 2216 800kv motors because mine from EPBuddy are green with a black label? I think the X series are black.

Please keep posting as much as possible as you use it. I am very interested in getting this same setup once I feel I am ready for it. Plus I won't be doing actual AP work before April. I have been reading lots of threads and looking at various solutions and I keep coming back to this as the one for me.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:16 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,084 Posts
I am finally starting to feel better. got the result back from blood work and ultrasound and mostly good except for couple small stone in the gall bladder (not surprising) I think most of the issue was that after I passed stone, i should have been fasting and resting instead of doing my workout and eating regularly. I am back onto juice and probably light food today and I think I can start to get back working again. phew.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
I am finally starting to feel better. got the result back from blood work and ultrasound and mostly good except for couple small stone in the gall bladder (not surprising) I think most of the issue was that after I passed stone, i should have been fasting and resting instead of doing my workout and eating regularly. I am back onto juice and probably light food today and I think I can start to get back working again. phew.
Glad to hear it Andrey. I know what your going through and it's no fun. Take it easy until your fully back up to speed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:40 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
Are those the V series Sunnysky 2216 800kv motors because mine from EPBuddy are green with a black label? I think the X series are black.

Please keep posting as much as possible as you use it. I am very interested in getting this same setup once I feel I am ready for it. Plus I won't be doing actual AP work before April. I have been reading lots of threads and looking at various solutions and I keep coming back to this as the one for me.
those are v series direct from sunnysky. I belive epbuddy got some custom made in green.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread