HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Wow, great looking video using the Askman AG550 gimbal. I would like to purchase one. Can anyone give me link(s) to online distributors that carry this product? Thanks a million
hexakid is offline Find More Posts by hexakid
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:32 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
gary is updating his website with new version. it should be up this weekend.

tppacks.com
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:12 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
I went and reshot the Windmills here in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. The first time I shot them was using a Xaircraft gimbal, GoPro and Naza as the gimbal controller. This time I shot using the AG550v2, NEX 5N with kit lens at 18mm and the HF gimbal controller with Gary's settings. It's amazing how much better the quality is. I'm still getting an occasional shake here and their, so I'm curious to see how Andrey and Gary's new iso designs turn out. That and getting a lobster, although I have to say my F550 is flying really sweetly at the moment. The only problem I'm having is when I updated to the latest firmware, my Yaw behavior changed. I was at 130 before and it was fine, now I'm getting this slow oscillation. I upped my gains to 160 and it's much better, but every once in a while, especially in wind the oscillation comes back. I might try to up it again to 170 and see how it behaves.

Here is my new video, it's edited, but has no post stabilization:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zsjA...ature=youtu.be

And here is my older video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxKqwr1YleA
Daloaf, better camera, better gimbal, better editing, and better job of flying. -- good work, JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:45 AM
Joined Mar 2012
133 Posts
I have bought an old Nex 5 with 16 mm, which maybe because of the low weight is giving me more jitter free pictures as with my G12 (pictures comming later).

But it is making a BDMW container file which it is not possible to read in FCPX or to convert via MPEG Streamclip.

Is the only way to do an export from Quicktime?

Btw, I updated the firmware from ver. 0.1 to 0.5 and the camera froze. It took me 2 macs and 2 PCs to find the machine, which could get it up running.

I hoped to get manuel control in movie mode with ver. 0.5, but no, so down the road I will upgrade it to a 5N or a 7.

Claus.
clausjepsen is offline Find More Posts by clausjepsen
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Mar 2012
133 Posts
To prevent the jitter I tried to put in a small carbon pipe and together with the isolation on the camera tray I think it helped quite a bit.

In front of the camera tray you can see my Tiny Snapper from LittleSmartThings and it works great just out the box. So 21 was well spend money.

Claus
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:26 AM
Joined Mar 2012
133 Posts
Forgot to press upload.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
133 Posts
When adjusting gain settings and trimming the rig I feel like a blind person building a card house. I have no picture of what I am doing.

This is as fare I have come until now (AG550, hex 550, NazaGPS, Nex5, 3,0 kg, gain: 125/125/120/100/80/80)

Nex5 (0 min 53 sec)

Please, what can I do to get a better quality with my Naza setup?

Claus.
Last edited by clausjepsen; Oct 07, 2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: First the video was private, now just hidden.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:44 AM
... and other flying animals
Joined Apr 2012
217 Posts
[QUOTE=Daloaf;22929412]I went and reshot the Windmills here in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. ...
Here is my new video, it's edited, but has no post stabilization:
DJI F550 and Askman AG550 over the Golden Gate Park Windmills (4 min 57 sec)

Great shots. I had taken shots of a windmill here, but I am too prudent and have it only from one side.
But it inspires me to take more shots like you did.
Did you take them with fpv?
Flying Rabbit is offline Find More Posts by Flying Rabbit
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cape Coral, FL
Joined Nov 2001
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
what we do know is that if you balance your prop well, it helps with getting rid of the bounce. I really recommend doing a good prop balance. (check the video in my latest blog on how to)
Andrey,

Thanks for that great prop balancing tutorial. I have the same prop balancer and I can balance the blades easy enough, but then my prop will end up laying horizontally, like you show. I figured this was not good, but I never knew you can balance the hub. That's the final key!! I get a tiny bit of jello in my hard mounted GoPro 2, so I will balance the hubs and see if it goes away.

Derek
DerekB is offline Find More Posts by DerekB
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cape Coral, FL
Joined Nov 2001
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausjepsen View Post
To prevent the jitter I tried to put in a small carbon pipe and together with the isolation on the camera tray I think it helped quite a bit.

In front of the camera tray you can see my Tiny Snapper from LittleSmartThings and it works great just out the box. So 21 was well spend money.

Claus
Quote:
Forgot to press upload.
Just a suggestion you might want to check. On the AG550 v1.5, notice on the bolt for the roll axis, there is a lock nut on each face where the bolt goes through the plates. The G10 plates are actually threaded, and the lock nuts secure the bolt to the plates. If one lock nut is loose, the lower frame can jiggle on the bolt and this will show up as vibration in the pitch axis.

I found that my locknut behind the Y plate was loose, and indeed my lower assembly was jiggling. This particular lock nut is very difficult to access since it's in such a slender place. Luckily I discovered the wrench that comes with my Dremel is the exact size and fits perfectly.

Once I tightened that lock nut, I got rid of my last little wobble.

I also found my pulley could slip on the roll bolt, no matter how tight I made the set screws (plus, I hate to crank on them too much 'cuz if the socket gets stripped, bad news). So I ground one flat spot on the bolt for one of the set screws. This has to be planned carefully so it ends up in the right place. It worked like a charm.

I did a few other things I posted on my build log here, but these are specific for mounting to my CarbonCore Y6

Derek
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:59 PM
Cape Coral, FL
Joined Nov 2001
1,910 Posts
I flew through my sister's house!

I got tired of just flying around my house, so I went to my sister's house to "experiment" some more. I flew right through her house !!

Or so it seems......

Derek

Fly through my sister's house (3 min 10 sec)
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:23 PM View Post
FPVSCRacer
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while FPVSCRacer edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Anyone try these? http://www.vibrationmounts.com/Products10.htm
Silicone Gel Anti Vibration Mounts and Products (3 min 38 sec)
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:49 PM
A new day, a new gadget
Brighton, UK
Joined May 2006
571 Posts
Suggestions?

A brief unprocessed clip from my new Vulcan Y6 carrying an original version of the AG550 and just with the WKM Gimbal controls. I think I have the gimbal gain too high but any inout would be much appreciated....

Thanks

Y6AG550test (0 min 29 sec)
Garry s is offline Find More Posts by Garry s
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:57 PM
A new day, a new gadget
Brighton, UK
Joined May 2006
571 Posts
Quote:
When adjusting gain settings and trimming the rig I feel like a blind person building a card house. I have no picture of what I am doing.

Claus.
Me too Claus, I know exactly what you mean. And when I watched your video it had that same kind of jittery feel that mine do. Perhaps somebody will enlighten us
Garry s is offline Find More Posts by Garry s
Closed Thread