HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:23 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
What is the status on the V2 AG550? Status on the new servos? I just found out I need one sooner than later....
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:32 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
my goal is to ship 10 units tomorrow. (thursday at the latest) talk to gary on friday or saturday. this batch will go fast.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:39 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Are any of the 10 available or presold? These aren't wit the new custom made servos correct?
I'll be using a GoPro but plan on a Nex or similar in the future... which yoke do you recommend?
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:44 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
we do not presell. it will come with nex5 gimbal (4.7" width) and they will come with external pot and modified servos on most of them. I have like 8 servos modified, and waiting for the rest from gary. only one yoke choice unless you want a gopro version, which is available via special order. if people want larger yoke, they will have to wait for ag700
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:51 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,023 Posts
As soon as Andrey ships them, I'll put them up on the site, and make an announcement here. The new standard configuration will be with the modified BLS950 on tilt, the external pot, a 2.8:1 tilt ratio and the new adjustable height camera tray. Other v2.0 changes include the alloy roll assembly and the new CF-based Isolated Mounting System (IMS). An option will now be offered to include a HoverFly Gimbal board.

David and John: Nice videos. . Where are you guys getting the instrumental music from?

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:59 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Awesome! My memory is correct in thinking I can mount the GoPro on the nex5 yoke with a tripod screw... right?

EDIT** You got the HF thing setup? Congrats!... damnit, might have to do that as well since it's so convenient.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:06 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
well, you can, but you will have to drop the camera mounting tray plate a lot to get the lens lined up and it may not tilt fully with that deep a base. .
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:24 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Ahh ok... sounds like the time to review my camera/lens options. If I did want a GoPro yoke, what is the approx wait time/cost over the nex5?
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:04 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
if you mount the gopro without case, it won't be a problem, but just the case adapter is very tall. I can do a gopro yoke. I can do one easy enough with this batch. . just pm gary and he can quote you a price on gopro yoke .
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:09 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
If I can run the GoPro without a clear protective case on the nex5 yoke and there isn't a problem I would really rather do that. I am considering the nex5 as my next camera anyway but with the gimbal, possible HF Gimbal Controller I should probably probably try to cut costs this month. Would be win/win because I could hold off on the Nex for another month or two and you don't have to dust off the GoPro yoke drawings
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:52 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
If I can run the GoPro without a clear protective case on the nex5 yoke and there isn't a problem I would really rather do that. I am considering the nex5 as my next camera anyway but with the gimbal, possible HF Gimbal Controller I should probably probably try to cut costs this month. Would be win/win because I could hold off on the Nex for another month or two and you don't have to dust off the GoPro yoke drawings
I'm still down in SD, but when I get home this afternoon, I'll try and do a quick fit test with the GoPro in its protective case, and with the tripod mount. Lowering the tray won't be an issue, but if you lower it too much, like Andrey says, it will hit the back of the yoke.

A big part of the problem is that GoPro tripod mount is pretty tall. I'm thinking Andrey maybe could do a small, shorter adapter plate, similar to what we use on the GP iso-only mount for the F450. I'll check this out later.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:49 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
that 550 gimbal is looking quite awesome!
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:07 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
i think thats the best results ive seen from this thing. only issue is a weird jello wobble on transitions when I look at it full screen. other than that might be perfect.
Wing, thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure what you mean tho, when you say "on transitions" -- There were no cuts or transitions, it was just uninterrupted flight. Do you mean "transition" in some other context then video editing? Do you mean "to transition from going one direction to another" ?? I'll look and see if I can tell what you are seeing. Maybe I need to be aware of being smoother on changing directions. -- thanks, JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Wing, thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure what you mean tho, when you say "on transitions" -- There were no cuts or transitions, it was just uninterrupted flight. Do you mean "transition" in some other context then video editing? Do you mean "to transition from going one direction to another" ?? I'll look and see if I can tell what you are seeing. Maybe I need to be aware of being smoother on changing directions. -- thanks, JOHN
movement in flight, i think that is normal though. looks good. I noticed wkm gimbal control likes slow steady left right forward back any combinations or sudden movement makes it wobble. what is your set-up? do you have the double grommet? mine is a bit more wobbly than this.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,755 Posts
does the askman gimbal have pots on both axis? is that pot just a replacement for the pot in the servo or does it connect to the gimbal controller?
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Closed Thread