HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:34 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
104 Posts
sorry my mistake please remove this reply..
clacho is offline Find More Posts by clacho
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:18 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,722 Posts
I call it the Black Beast. Looks sexy with the Tppacks.com gimbal and NEX5N with Voigtlander 15mm Heliar. Eventually I will add lights and mesh tube to house wires. Not much room for ESCs inside mid area. I don't want to stack ESCs. Got 3 mid, 3 top. Still waiting on parts to get it in the air though
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Jun 15, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:43 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
I call it the Black Beast. Looks sexy with the Tppacks.com gimbal and NEX5N with Voigtlander 15mm Heliar. Eventually I will add lights and mesh tube to house wires. Not much room for ESCs inside mid area. I don't want to stack ESCs. Got 3 mid, 3 top. Still waiting on parts to get it in the air though
Nice. How did you end up mounting the camera/lens? Do you have a link for where you got that lens?

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:48 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Nice. How did you end up mounting the camera/lens? Do you have a link for where you got that lens?

-- Gary
I have not mounted it yet, but I guess I will mount through the rear slot and put some cushion as per your suggestion then strap it down with velcro.

I am using a Fotodiox Leica M Pro Adapter:

http://www.fotodiox.com/product_info...roducts_id=730 (woops, this is the proper one now)

Lens was bought at BHphotovideo:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...erical_II.html

I looked high and wide, you cannot get this lens cheaper anywhere unless you buy from overseas (only save 30 bucks) or used (used is hard to find, near impossible. There are few on ebay but too much for a used piece when bidding is over.).
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:23 AM
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Montaren-et-Saint-Médiers
Joined Apr 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
it is really beautiful good job
9nene is offline Find More Posts by 9nene
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:27 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
From another thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
All the wait .... pays off. WKM PPM and gimbal output 400,200,100,50hz by end of next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Naza PPM and gimbal output mid to end of July, have other commitment, OSD.
DAMNIT.... I have a Naza but dont want to buy a Hoverfly for $360 if there is a possibility of getting good results from it. What to do....
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:32 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
it is not just ppm rate that is important. I found that naza reduces servo speed based on gain, which means you will never get peak performance from good servo. we also need wider servo signal beyond what DJI gives (which I believe is 1.1 to1.9ms)

there is a possibility of cheaper HF solution coming. we will see if it happens. I've also talked to one of the multiwii coder who wants to do an arduino version of gimbal control. I gave him a list of features that we need. that may be good enough for most people.

we will see though. we know at least HF gimbal board does work and has features we need.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:46 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,722 Posts
Well i'm pretty patient. I'll wait a week or two to see if WKM can do what it is supposed to. I have no clients knocking on my door to shoot stuff so, its all fun flying....
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
I will continue to work on improving gimbal performance and that include using non dedicated controller. ( I will have at least one setup with stock naza output) hopefully their new firmware will help.

I just updated the shrimp to v1.1 will get it to v1.2 today and add more improvement next week. I want to finish up the crab, which is v1.2 already. and finally do the lobster, which will be DSLR version. have the parts coming for lobster already. so, i need to finish the design and get it cut. big thing to do is optimizing gear ratio for the DSLR, and I will put the HFG on the lobster when I get it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:17 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,722 Posts
so the roll update will help a lot too? this is 30 bucks?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:24 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
just the roll should be cheaper. there are only couple guys who just got the v1.1, so I did not bother making separate pack. I will pm you with informaiton.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,722 Posts
Great, thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
United States, NJ, West Deptford
Joined Apr 2012
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
just the roll should be cheaper. there are only couple guys who just got the v1.1, so I did not bother making separate pack. I will pm you with informaiton.
PM Me too if you can - I have the 1.1

PS - I ordered the HoverFly Gimbal Controller last night... can't wait to see how it does on my rig!
Aces Are Wild is offline Find More Posts by Aces Are Wild
Last edited by Aces Are Wild; Jun 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Yeah that great gimbal update announcement for the WKM makes me
Glad I didn't wait and ordered the HF Gimbal.

The only thing I can think is that no one at DJI has used the WKM with a high end gimbal (zen has its own IMU) like the CineStar, AV200 or something similar.

we gave HoverFly crap because they didn't test the HF Gimbal out I a CineStar before releasing (stupid) but I guess that same criticism applies to DJI as well.

Bummer

wing that Carbon-Core frame looks great.

I did have to stack my ESCs inside to get them to fit
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:18 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Wow, the CC frame looks nice, and that lens *Drool*

I'm building mine as we speak. I decided I didn't want to have to take this thing apart again and I wanted ease of access so I am mounting esc's on the arms instead. Gives me room to fold it up as well. I may just switch the shrink wrap on them to black and use wire mesh to clean it up a bit. I'm getting to a point where form is following way behind function and I just don't care if a wire is showing anymore. :P
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Closed Thread