HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:59 AM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Smudge View Post
We got the "America the Beautiful" National parks and and federal recreational lands pass. It's a lifetime deal if your over 62, only cost $10.
It's free if you are a veteran with a service connected disability, and you don't have to wait until you are 62 either.

Have a great vacation.

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:38 AM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,766 Posts
Only places here where camping is cheap is in county or state parks. This makes them very popular, and full.
Camping is on a first come first served basis and in he best places stays are limited to three days. You can stay another three days if you pack up and move to another space. Some parks take reservations for longer stays but are usually booked over a year in advance!

In the winter (snow bird) season is when the rates are highest and most campgrounds are full with seasonal guests until after the end of April.
There are some places that have summer rates but the price goes back up over holiday weekends.

With the demise of so many campgrounds due to development and increased demand for spaces, the remaining places can just about charge whatever they want and still have a full house for the entire winter season.

Here's the place we used to stay back when it was $15 a night...
http://www.rvonthego.com/Royal-Coachmen-RV-Resort.html
Think that place is expensive, you should see the rates for places near Disney!

Going to get the grandson up now and hit the road to the Sun-N-Fun!

Glenn
glewis is offline Find More Posts by glewis
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:34 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,930 Posts
Camping around here, Orange County/Los Angeles, is limited too, probably more crowded since gas prices have gone up so much. Good camping starts half way up the coast and gets better as you travel towards Oregon and Washington. Sorry to hear that Fla is so overcrowded, Gotto go to a Girl Scout International Food Fair now, our daughter and g'daughter and troop have a Polish food stand.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Oct 2000
11,930 Posts
Progress? Haven't gone camping yet messed up my back getting ready. New motherboard and CPU, back online now with desktop.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:49 AM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,766 Posts
No progress to report. Still waiting for a free Saturday morning to solder up the retract torque rod and get them done. Need to get out in the shop early to get a couple of hours to work on the soldering before it gets too hot in there.

Outside chores are eating up my Saturday mornings and Sunday morning is club field flying.
Last big chore is rake leaves. Only have to fill about 40 bags with oak leaves then I'll be done with the big chores just before it starts getting really hot outside......
In the mean time I've been working on small repair/upgrade projects. I'll get back on the Stinson in another week or two.

I was a bit dissapointed that the Stinson A wasn't at the Sun n Fun. Was hoping to take some pics of it in person.

Glenn
glewis is offline Find More Posts by glewis
Old May 02, 2012, 02:56 PM
Build ALL the models O_O!
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Oct 2009
837 Posts
Lovely subject Glenn! Subscribed! I'm not entering this one, sticking to quick and simple build for now - I'm seriously out of space for a big multi!
WLJayne is offline Find More Posts by WLJayne
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Oct 2000
11,930 Posts
A review of a book on Stinson aircraft with some sample pages with pictures of Model A panel and passenger cabin accomodations.

http://books.google.com/books?id=uQ9...page&q&f=false