HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by dag214, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,895 Posts
I am very excited, all but one of my parts fit on the first try. Just can't wait to get the 36 in the air so I can start this beauty.....

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:01 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
I am very excited, all but one of my parts fit on the first try. Just can't wait to get the 36 in the air so I can start this beauty.....

DAG
And I'll be with you all the way - for both models!!!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Mar 09, 2012, 05:18 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,895 Posts
I am just about 100% compete.... The mossi (I feel) will look great!

I have a few adjustments on servo locations, but just about everything else is ready to cut. So once the 36 is flying the wood dust will be a flying also.....

DAG
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:26 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,518 Posts
That is just going to be soooooo sweet!!!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,895 Posts
She will be a work of art.....

DAG
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:48 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,171 Posts
Looking good,

I have 21 e-books on the Mosquito, downloaded from web sites some of which could be no longer accessible - after the recent legal issues. I could transfer these to you, if you could need them.

There is dropbox.com for transferring and sharing files, that requires free registration, or one other site for posting large files directly.

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Jun 2006
1,066 Posts
Dag,

These plans look awesome! I can't wait to see this get into the physical realm!

One comment on the landing gear...

I think the mechanical geometry would benefit from locating the retraction strut base on N-5 rather than where it is. I believe it will work "ok" where it is in the first part of it's retraction, however, the mechanical advantage of the piston and it's force vectors quickly get out of hand. Near the end of retraction, the force vectors from the retraction piston rod will be working directly against your "locking-link" rather than working to finish raising the gear.
umdpru is offline Find More Posts by umdpru
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:20 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umdpru View Post
Dag,

These plans look awesome! I can't wait to see this get into the physical realm!

One comment on the landing gear...

I think the mechanical geometry would benefit from locating the retraction strut base on N-5 rather than where it is. I believe it will work "ok" where it is in the first part of it's retraction, however, the mechanical advantage of the piston and it's force vectors quickly get out of hand. Near the end of retraction, the force vectors from the retraction piston rod will be working directly against your "locking-link" rather than working to finish raising the gear.
Interesting, I will look into it. I designed it to the full scale drawings I got from the UK.

And let me see if I can find my video but the simple mock-up I did 5 years ago worked fine.

Thanks, DAG
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:49 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Tilburg
Joined Feb 2007
46 Posts
Hi DAG,

Great work on the design! And great choice too! After weeks of pondering which subject to choose for my first scratch build scale project, I think I have decided to try a Mosquito (love that plane!), although considerably smaller than yours, since my workshop, car, budget and flying field wouldn't allow for anything nearly as large. So I'm aiming for a 60" ws...

Happened to follow your B-36 build and was surprised to find this next project after my decision on a scale subject, so I downloaded your .dwg files from your websites as (great!) reference material. I guess I will built up the model myself from scratch, since the smaller size the construction will be different, and I need to acquire those skills myself .

I've got some question about your design: did you use the original Mosquito airfoil? As far as I could find out, they used a modified RAF34 airfoil. And where will the wings come apart for transport? Do you leave a center section in place or do you plan to make the join at the fuselage?
roberthabraken is offline Find More Posts by roberthabraken
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:15 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthabraken View Post
Hi DAG,

Great work on the design! And great choice too! After weeks of pondering which subject to choose for my first scratch build scale project, I think I have decided to try a Mosquito (love that plane!), although considerably smaller than yours, since my workshop, car, budget and flying field wouldn't allow for anything nearly as large. So I'm aiming for a 60" ws...

Happened to follow your B-36 build and was surprised to find this next project after my decision on a scale subject, so I downloaded your .dwg files from your websites as (great!) reference material. I guess I will built up the model myself from scratch, since the smaller size the construction will be different, and I need to acquire those skills myself .

I've got some question about your design: did you use the original Mosquito airfoil? As far as I could find out, they used a modified RAF34 airfoil. And where will the wings come apart for transport? Do you leave a center section in place or do you plan to make the join at the fuselage?
Hi!!

I copied the airfoil the best I could to scale. And I did buy 2 sets of DVD with original Mossi drawings.

Attached is where the wing will break.

Thanks, Dag
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:57 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Tilburg
Joined Feb 2007
46 Posts
Thanks for the info DAG! Between the outboard flaps and ailerons, clever.
roberthabraken is offline Find More Posts by roberthabraken
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:17 AM
Waterloo, Belgium
Joined Dec 2004
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthabraken View Post
Thanks for the info DAG! Between the outboard flaps and ailerons, clever.
That makes the "fuselage" too large for my car... mine is splitted at the nacelle...
ramboman is offline Find More Posts by ramboman
Old Jun 02, 2014, 04:31 PM
Hmm, kerosene... :)
Weert(LB) - the Netherlands
Joined May 2002
953 Posts
Digging up an old thread, but did this design make the building stage?

I need a project for my new cnc router, a twin is on my wish list.

Mossie is the way to go I guess...
NightSwan is offline Find More Posts by NightSwan
Old Jun 02, 2014, 06:42 PM
Springfield, VA
Joined Feb 2000
1,150 Posts
No, effort is going towards a C-130 at the moment...
pmisuinas is online now Find More Posts by pmisuinas