HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:27 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,764 Posts
Discussion
FMS Warbirds from Nitroplanes and Banana hobby

This thread is for the speculation of Nitroplanes carring the FMS line. Will they continue to sell them or not.
Banana hobby has announced that they will carry the 1400mm FW-190 and BF-109. So they are in the picture whether you like them or not. If they end up being the only game in the States I might give them a try even though they have less than stellar customer service reports. Who knows maybe they will turn the corner.

Reply from Nitroplanes Online Chat today. It's vague but that's kinda what I expected.

Walter Wilken: Are you gonna carry the new FMS 1400mm warbirds? (P-38 ,FW-190, BF-109) Banana hobby is advertising them as coming soon but I'd rather get them from Nitroplanes. Thanks, Walter. Sorry I don't Facebook
Richard: We might be, but so far, I haven't heard anything abou tit.

Please post info as you find it. Thanks, Walter
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,873 Posts
It sure seems like a 'big wind' is blowing about this. I wonder how much of that is being fanned by the factories themselves. We've got some very ambitious producing going on from many like Dynam, Durafly, FMS, and Lx.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Oct 2011
16 Posts
I have a feeling this topic will be a big one, as I'm a major fan of the FMS/airfield line. I have 3 birds from them already, all purchased from nitroplanes with absolutely no issues and awesome customer service. I saw the new tan zero preview video on nitroplanes in december, waiting for it to be released by nitroplanes I'm saddened by having to order the zero from bananahobby. Still isn't at my doorstep yet. I'm hoping for a good first experience. Reading all the negativity really made it a tough decision. But when you want something usually you will go over the fence to get it. Here's hoping because its a FMS product it will be stellar with no missing parts or issues!
ChitownRC is offline Find More Posts by ChitownRC
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:56 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,764 Posts
Chi, Please keep us informed on your transaction. I hope all goes well so we can see their reputation turn the corner.
I haven't ordered anything from them because of there reputation also. But the people that have a good experience don't tend to post. Which is understandable.
Let's see if we can keep the Banana hobby complaints relevant to current purchases. Thanks,Walter
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:05 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
Just posted this on the 190 thread

I know we have PW-RC and other overseas vendors, but FYI:

Just got off the horn with Dauphine(?) at SN Hobbies; said they were going to be putting in a new order for the FMS offerings following CNY.

Thank goodness we have an alternate to BH for these!!!
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,764 Posts
Isn't SN Hobbies in Canada?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:13 PM
fvi
Canada, ON
Joined Jul 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW View Post
Isn't SN Hobbies in Canada?
Yes they're located in BC, Canada.
fvi is offline Find More Posts by fvi
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2004
473 Posts
I have ordered from Banana Hobby on two or three occasions and have not had trouble with the initial shipment. I did have some issues with missing parts in an LX F-18 I bought at the AMA show three years ago. Getting the parts mailed was a lot more trouble than it should have been.

My bad experience is old and I don't always trust all the posters here since some seem to have a serious axe to grind but I still have reservations about them based on my experience. That being said my recent order for the 30mm Mig two months ago was shipped out in a timely manner and received in working order.

If I was going to spend much more than ~150 I might wait to grab it at RCX or the AMA Expo where I can inspect it before I leave. This works for me since I'm only an hour or so away from those events.

scott.
GuppyG is offline Find More Posts by GuppyG
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:22 PM
USA, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2007
1,230 Posts
Yes, SN is in Canada. I'll be in a wait-and-see mode with BH for now. But, if Nitroplanes drops the FMS/Airfield line, then you can bet Philip at PW-RC will be getting my business. Shipping charges be damned... I'll pay extra for the better customer service.

Todd
Prowler901 is offline Find More Posts by Prowler901
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,056 Posts
The secret I heard to dealing with BH is to make sure you purchase with a credit card. When you run into problems with your brand new plane or whatever, document all your dealings with them. If a satisfactory settlement can not be reached with them, call your credit card company with the complaint. They will withhold payment until it's settled. This worked for a couple of fellow club members.

Oh, and I can't believe those planes haven't been a money maker for NP. Why would they drop it?
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:55 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,736 Posts
I got this reply back Tues. in response to an order I place back on Dec. 6, 2011 for some G&C (FMS) motors. Not sure if you can even read between the lines?

Good Afternoon Gary,

Usually, our out of stock items next shipment should vary from 3-6 weeks and it does vary. The best thing I advise you to do is, gradually check our website weekly because we do update it daily. When the item states "instock", most likely it will be in our inventory. If you have any questions or concern regaurding this matter, please feel free to contact us through via email or phone 1(626)968-9860 for technical support extension 3.

Thank you for your email and we really appreciate your business!

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

NitroPlanes.com

BTW, here's a link to SN Hobbies.

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:03 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,736 Posts
Least we forget, Toysonics also carries the FMS planes.

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, OH, Rosemount
Joined Jul 2011
1,026 Posts
I for one just got into buying three Airfield planes over this winter from nitroplanes as being into the PZ warbirds about a year or so to cut my teeth on,however I really like the fms/Airfield products now that I can get spare parts from phillip and plus airfield products are gradually honing up my skills on some mods here and there one step at a time in which brings me to the point.
I sure hope nitroplanes continues to sell the fms/airfield line of warbirds because I received all my orders and with no complaints at all with there quality and service. Bananna hobbies a different story, I will set back and see how things are panning out a good while before I do any ordering no matter how much I want a specific airplane due to there resume.

Closing thoughts here, I have been told that the giant 1700mm planes might be to oversized+weight to order from pw-rc if there is any truth to that? So if nitro will not sell them SN maybe the go to shop for me in the future. I have a headache already.
JM66 is offline Find More Posts by JM66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: German Luftwaffe pilots
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:53 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
I keep forgetting about SN hobbies, thery're a 20 min drive from home, though my corsair was a tad cheaper even with shipping from NP. But on the oversize 1700mm stuff it would be a plus to walk in a purchase it, wonder if they will get the big birds in stock
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:55 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM66 View Post

Closing thoughts here, I have been told that the giant 1700mm planes might be to oversized+weight to order from pw-rc if there is any truth to that? So if nitro will not sell them SN maybe the go to shop for me in the future. I have a headache already.
To date, one guy on the 1700mm P-51 thread has already received his from RC Castle, also located in China, with no shipping problems.

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread