HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, MA, Worcester
Joined Feb 2010
139 Posts
help

i got my trex 100 x and it is binded to turnigy 9x, but its not right.....anyone know the settings in the radio
cruzroy is offline Find More Posts by cruzroy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
I've been looking through the 100X threads a bit to see how this helicopter holds up. For the folks who have a 100X, are they still flying well? Any issues with specific parts failing or wearing out in odd ways?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:24 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,257 Posts
On a Dutch forum I keep hearing about people burning the tail motor really fast. Like 10 flights or so...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
Wow...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
On a Dutch forum I keep hearing about people burning the tail motor really fast. Like 10 flights or so...
Which forum was that?

Any word on compatible replacements? For instance, could a MSR or Solo Pro tail assembly be used instead?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:48 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Which forum was that?

Any word on compatible replacements? For instance, could a MSR or Solo Pro tail assembly be used instead?
It was here: http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/...93#post2620693

(look at the postings made by user "stoomstrijkijzer" for instance)

I think the Bravo SX/SP270 tail motor would be an option, perhaps the mSR motor as well.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:22 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,121 Posts
I am sure the T-rex 100X is fine little heli. I have 9958/V911/260A/270A and like them all. The V911 is easiest to fly then the 270A. 9958 I like but you need to fly it more and correct. The 260A is a little rocket in small place. Mine came with swatch plate set up on long balls and even on low rates is quite quick. I can not set it up on shorter balls as I broke one but no problem. I could buy a complete 270A plus a BNF V911 for what 100X goes for. Plus still have money to buy a good lunch.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
Thanks SPFan! The Bravo SX tail can go everywhere! I can get those from a nearby HS, so that's good. I'll go check out those forums. It's weird that these forums are so silent here about it... Maybe everyone got bummed out by the 100S?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:11 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,121 Posts
T-100x

Well dispite my better sense I have one coming. Bought it for under $100.00 shipped deluxe package. I just wanted to have an Align heli. Plus it has the padels. Should be here today and see whats up.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:41 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,121 Posts
T-100X arrived and quite small box. Heli needs to have rotor installed. My computer will not show CD rom. Computer at club house has no volume..big help. TX doesn't have dual tates like V911. but guess you use outer ball on plate for quicker action correct?. Guess I'll sit on this till I can view CD rom. Heli looks pretty well made but expected it ready to fly after batteries charged. Is there a safe way to remone likage from balls with out breaking them. Broke one on my 260A but lucky it was one I did not need.? Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
Hey Dankar04,

What a coincidence! I ordered a TRex 100X and mine came today as well!

I was really amazed by how *compact* the packaging for this little guy was. I guess that's what you can do when you remove the canopy and rotor head when you pack it.

I put my links on the long swash balls since that's how I have all of my other FP helis. I took it up to my studio and tried it out. I should have put it on the short balls for my very first excursion because I was TOTALLY not ready for the feel of the stock controller. I banged my heli into the wall and split the canopy in two places. As an aside, the canopy is very brittle as compared to the plastic canopies of the MSR/MSRX/9958/V911 so be careful. The good news is that it's easily fixed with some scotch tape on the inside. And yes...another canopy is on the way.

Okay, so after making sure that I didn't actually break something IMPORTANT on my rushed maiden flight...I took it up again and started to get a feel for it. The servo response is not as fast or as far (so it feels) as the V911 and it doesn't feel quite like it'll go crazy fast like a 9958 but it's something in the middle??? Sorry, that probably doesn't make much sense. However, I got the hang of it on the second flight and found it to be pretty good overall. It's quiet like the 9958 as well.

After I finished charging my batteries, I decided to ditch the stock controller (I do NOT like little gamepad controllers) and bind it to my Turnigy 9x flashed with er9x. It looks like the controls are set up like the V911 because I ended up using Daryoon's V911 er9x settings and it worked really well.

http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/06/wl-...ings-for-er9x/

I found that dialing the rudder channel all the way up I could get faster piros than with the stock controller. The T9x just *feels* a lot nicer in my hands as well so I felt more confident putting the heli through its paces after that.

In all, it seems to fly well indoors (thus far). I'll report on its outdoor capabilities when the weather is good.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:22 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,121 Posts
Robo heli,
Well I just went for it and used outside balls also. It flys nice and like it. Little more active than the V911 but both are fine flyers. I tried to ease it up first flight and got hard right drift. Then punched it and off nice and smooth. Canopy is frail but like you say a little scotch tape shoukld work wonders. Batteries only took short time to charge and everything works fine. I just may get the T9X rig and forget these little TX. What are the short screws for?? CD rom just shows guy putting in main screw for rotor head and set links on balls. Everythings fits nice and looks good. Wacked it a few times but easy. HK now has 160ma batteries for this. Just ordered some plus others. I have been happy with turnigy batteries so far. Better than most stock. Sorry about your canopy and enjoy your new bird. I like mine and cool looking little sucka !!
Will the V911 TX bind with my 9958?? The 9958 has no display on anything except power led.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
Hey

Do not use the V911 TX with the 9958. yes, it will bind but a couple of the channels are reversed and so you can't use that TX unless you re-wire the sticks (or rewire your brain!!!) lol. You totally need to get a T9x and get it flashed with er9x firmware. It's an amazing TX! I highly recommend it.

You know, this heli just seemed more tame than the V911. I can thrash the V911 around like crazy (the servo throws are AMAZING) and the TRex feels more subdued as its servos just don't seem to travel as far to me. Of course, I'm flying them with my T9x and I'm pretty sure the servo throws are maxed out with that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:26 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,121 Posts
Robo heli,
Maybe the padels taming it down. I was just trilled getting it flying. Very smooth and had some fun. I like the way batteries go in holder. V911 are pretty tight at first. I have big hands and mico heli's with those tiny parts..oh my. I use white paper plate with white pillow case under it. Little parts stick out like a rasin in bowl of grits. This little T-Rex flys pretty much like my Solo-pro 270A. I will find this little helis groove and have some fun with it. Fine little bird to go with my others. I wanted a flyer not just a hover queen. Quick way to burn them up is constant hovver. Hover is fine for landing, take off but places to go and doggies to chase . My neighbor has two cats that are not affaid of my helis, just look at them with deep interest. They don't go after them at all. Sorry for rant just having some fun.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
dankar04, congrats for the new heli. It certainly looks very beautiful.
Got some questions tho, since you have the best helis on this size. Wich one is faster? Wich one is heavier? Wich one would you pick as your best micro heli and why? And wich one is more durable?
I have a cb100, mSR and 9958. And I'm planning to buy this one too. Idk if I'll buy the v911 first tho.
thanks!
paulo.b is offline Find More Posts by paulo.b