SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:16 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,715 Posts
Looks like a 1A charger. You should be good to go!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
Stepheva
London, ON
Joined Feb 2006
13 Posts
Trex 100x

Hey guys,

Just wanted to add some input on the 100x. I got mine 2 days ago and have been playing with it a bit. My tail would drift CCW with throttle input, and no amount of gain adjustment would correct it. I read on another forum to swap the tail blade out for that of the MSR, so I did. It worked wonders. Still not 100%, but much better. Then I took the canopy off and flew w/o it, and the tail was rock solid, no drift. Canopy on, drift. The canopy does vibrate quite a bit. Well, i removed the logic board and used the 2 spare grommets that came with the bird as insulators between the board and the frame. Again, huge difference. Now the board can absorb some of the vibrations. My gain is now down to midpoint and the bird is solid with a fully charged pack!
stepheva is offline Find More Posts by stepheva
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,715 Posts
Great to hear! Nice to know about the grommets as insulators.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
254 Posts
Just out of cereosity.

Will a Trex 100X bind with a 9958's tx seen as they are same protocol?
I know the new rx binding steps for the cheep 9958 tx. Just a Q? for if I could do a kit/bird 100X and bind to the 9958 tx till I get my Devo 10 and just use the 9958 tx till I can canablize it for the Devo 10.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Last edited by Rich Knapp; Dec 06, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:29 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
Who has good batteries that fit T-Rex 100X? Stock batteries suck big time. Hobbyking sent one that DO NOT fit even though it says for T-Rex 100. Just a warning and take it for its own merit nano-tech works but very short life....> I know first hand as little less than happy. Yes they are cheap but you get what you pay for.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Just out of cereosity.

Will a Trex 100X bind with a 9958's tx seen as they are same protocol?
I know the new rx binding steps for the cheep 9958 tx. Just a Q? for if I could do a kit/bird 100X and bind to the 9958 tx till I get my Devo 10 and just use the 9958 tx till I can canablize it for the Devo 10.
Yes, they'll bind but some of the channels are reversed. You won't be able to fly the TRex 100X without doing some interesting mental gymnastics. You need a V911 TX and then you can fly the TRex 100X with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Who has good batteries that fit T-Rex 100X? Stock batteries suck big time. Hobbyking sent one that DO NOT fit even though it says for T-Rex 100. Just a warning and take it for its own merit nano-tech works but very short life....> I know first hand as little less than happy. Yes they are cheap but you get what you pay for.
Hmmm...maybe just do the mod to fly EFlite batteries? I desoldered the power cable from the skids and soldered on a plug for the EFlite batteries. Then to hold the batteries to the skids, I taped on a bit of shrink wrap to serve as a sleeve. Works great.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:41 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
That is sad that stock batteries are low quality. This is an expensive bird for its size. It flys very well. Stock batteries only had about 10 flights and started to slow down to point 2 minutes top. Motor hardly gets warm. Another project !!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
6 Posts
got 100x for christmas. kinda dissapointed so far, need some tips.

i'm by no means a heli expert. i'm wanting to get into it though. i mastered the air hogs 4 channel with very little problem last winter, but this one is way more complex. when it is hovering it kinda leans to the side oposite rear prop. on the airhogs they have a little counter weight on the other side to compensate. has anyone had this problem and fixed it? i think i just need to spend some more time with it at a place with higher ceilings. that could be one of the problems. if anyone else has had it kinda tilted when hovering and fixed it let me know. about to charge the batteries and give it another whirl.
thanks,
ben
benbishop98 is offline Find More Posts by benbishop98
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:56 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
All 4 ch f/p lean to one side, part of rotor tail set-up. Solo-pros have very good lean to them. Nothing wrong thats the way they are.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:59 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
New motor arrived and looks like old one was glued in also besides screws. Looks like board has to come off to get l/g off. I don't know why they put power cable on top of board for l/g. Real butcher job the way they glued motor in . This heli cost alot more than others like it even Solo-pro.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,715 Posts
Good luck with it. Let us know how it goes...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2013, 12:41 PM
LQd
Slovakia, Spisska Nova Ves
Joined May 2013
64 Posts
Hi guys! At first, I would like to thank you all for good bunch of info, tips and all kind of stuff I found here. I recently bought 100x as my entry to the heli world, so all info was much appreciated. So far I have flown only fixed wing planes, so this is all new experience. And I like it a lot! The very best thing is, I can keep crashing like crazy and still flying again without any repairs at all I crash at least 5 times per battery and good one third are pretty bad crashes and IT is still flying, LOL. But I am getting better and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydust View Post
As far as the heli moving left during forward flight... I have the same issue. I compensate for it by setting a program mix (on 9x transmitter) to include 27% right aileron when I apply up elevator, and an equal amount of left aileron when I apply down elevator.

Perhaps someone else has a proper solution to it? I would be very interested to fix this issue without the use of mixing. (I dislike to use much more than 5-10% mixing. Just personal preference.)
I have set it up in T9X like one servo for aileron and other one for elevator and flew it for some time, then I realized - wait, it's heli and swash plate, looks like 120dg swash to me, it needs mixing. I have tried some heli stuff from open9x for a while, but it didn't work for me somehow, so I set up some mixing by hand. Now I have it like this:
Elevator moves both servos simultaneously - tilting swash to front and back
Aileron moves servos inverted, one goes up, one down and vice versa - tilting swash to left or right.
So far if I can tell, my heli is flying to direction I have instructed it to. I have tried even mixing some ail and ele to throttle to compensate loss of headspeed when moving, but it doesn't look like it's working so far.

I can say, I am happy with my 100X, but tail makes me sad somewhat. It keeps tilting to one side and needed trims keeps changing with battery and some random value every flight, even with battery charge state, but you know that. I have done reversing tail motor to keep it cool and now I am playing with tail fin to see, if it helps. I have even set up flight phases with standalone rudder trims for every battery, but still need to adjust every flight and it's very difficult to me, because I have no spare CPU time in flight to think about trims and even moving fingers out of sticks
LQd is offline Find More Posts by LQd
Last edited by LQd; May 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old May 15, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,715 Posts
Hi and welcome to RCG!

The 100X is not a 120deg swashplate heli. It's just simple 4ch 90deg heli. No mixing required. Set it up that way and you should be in business.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2013, 01:42 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,919 Posts
Funny I was looking at mine and charged batteries. Forgot how well this flys. Batteries stock are problem. I hate to do it but going to either convert battery holfder to Blade or Walkrea batteries. I had it buzzing around and it flys great. Almost as much fun as MCP-X. This is best made heli in its class. Those who dislike it well to each their own. Plus heli is T9x compatable.
Old May 30, 2013, 05:02 PM
LQd
Slovakia, Spisska Nova Ves
Joined May 2013
64 Posts
Yeah, your right. I reverted to old mix set and it flies well.
I have bought bunch of Turnigy Nano techs 160mAh to keep heli in air for a long time without charging interrupts and so far I can report, that nanotechs are holding well, just like stock. Around 3 motorminutes. But I have found another thing and that is on stock batteries tail recently started to wobble greatly and it also can be heard how tail motor changes RPM constantly. But on nanotechs, no such problem. Performance looks identical.
WOW, but so good to fly so long, I have had good time with 10 batteries (and charging on background) but then I managed to definitely finish one main blade, that was cracked slightly for some time, and still had 3 batteries left. Now I need to buy new blades, but I wonder, if there are some differences between 100s blades and 100x blades and how one can find out, which is which. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance, guys.
LQd is offline Find More Posts by LQd