SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:25 AM
"I like pancakes!"
Michigan
Joined Apr 2009
146 Posts
New Product
NEW! West Michigan Park Flyers 3mm Depron McFoamy to be released!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys! I have some great news from WMPF!

WMPF is proud to announce the NEW! 3mm DEPRON version of the McFoamy!
Just like its EPP brother, it is laser cut and has all provisions for trussing pre sliced! It also has some pretty cool SFG's which channel airflow to and aileron speed brake on each wing! I stopped by WMPF last night on the way home from work and picked up three of these fresh off the laser.

...Here are a few pics of the first of three which I am building. The depron version McFoamy builds very similar to the epp version. As you can see by the pictures I have more work that needs to be done but I thought I would post a couple pics anyway just to let you guys know a little of what's to come in the future with WMPF.
jdracing3 is offline Find More Posts by jdracing3
Last edited by jdracing3; Jan 30, 2012 at 12:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:43 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,244 Posts
What goes around comes around.

It's interesting to note that the McFoamy was originally a 3mm depron design. As the popularity of EPP indoor planes began to explode Greg at WMPF revised the drawings to produce it in EPP. I'm anxious to get one of the 3mm kits myself as I remember how well the depron versions flew.

Great job on the build jdracing3. I'm looking forward to seeing Jase turn it loose at the next indoor session. I also excited to see how he does at the freestyle contest at Efest.
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:41 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,126 Posts
Thats awesome!!!(: will it be at our next local indoor?(:
TMAC4123 is online now Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:15 AM
"I like pancakes!"
Michigan
Joined Apr 2009
146 Posts
Hi all,

Today Jase had the chance to take the 3mm version of the McFoamy out to the gym. We were both very impressed with its flying characteristics. It has great potential with a few changes and the use of the (new mill) at WMPF to be a very capable F3P competition plane! Right now it's almost like having the best of both worlds (3-D AND F3P) all in one plane. On the second one that I am building I will be holding off on the SFG's and brake installation till after we fly it to get an idea as to how well it will 3-D without them. Right now I think the brakes tend to keep it a little too docile for Jase's flying style. So, with this plane, I'm thinking you will have the option of installing the brakes if you want a slower rolling 3mm McFoamy, or leaving them off for a quicker more aggressive fell to the plane.
...I'll let Jase give you his thoughts on that along with the set-up we are using. Till then, watch the video and observe the VERY docile behavior of the the NEW! 3mm McFoamy from West Michigan Park Flyers!

3mm McFoamy Maiden day.mpg (4 min 10 sec)
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:16 AM
"I like pancakes!"
Michigan
Joined Apr 2009
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC4123 View Post
Thats awesome!!!(: will it be at our next local indoor?(:

If all works out, we will be there
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:57 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Joined Mar 2011
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdracing3 View Post
Hi all,

Today Jase had the chance to take the 3mm version of the McFoamy out to the gym. We were both very impressed with its flying characteristics. It has great potential with a few changes and the use of the (new mill) at WMPF to be a very capable F3P competition plane! Right now it's almost like having the best of both worlds (3-D AND F3P) all in one plane. On the second one that I am building I will be holding off on the SFG's and brake installation till after we fly it to get an idea as to how well it will 3-D without them. Right now I think the brakes tend to keep it a little too docile for Jase's flying style. So, with this plane, I'm thinking you will have the option of installing the brakes if you want a slower rolling 3mm McFoamy, or leaving them off for a quicker more aggressive fell to the plane.
...I'll let Jase give you his thoughts on that along with the set-up we are using. Till then, watch the video and observe the VERY docile behavior of the the NEW! 3mm McFoamy from West Michigan Park Flyers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThETC...1&feature=plcp
Hey Guys!,
The new McFoamy Depron is a great airplane. Like what my Dad said, with the brakes and sfg's, it slows down the roll rate a little and is great for precision. We have not flown one without the sfg's and brakes yet, but we infer that the roll rate will be quicker and will be a more of a 3D flyer. I can't say enough about how well it flies, on the first flight, I didn't put one click of trim in at all. Also, in knife edge, it has no coupling what so ever! It hovers, and harriers very, very stable, so it is a great airplane for slow 3D also. One thing that you guys did not see in the video is a tight loop. It will do an incredible tight regular loop. But one thing that you guys did see in the video is a knife edge loop. The airplane will do an incredible knife edge loop. No coupling helps that out a lot. Also, as some of you might have saw the rolling circle early in the video. It does a great rolling circle also. The airplane is just amazing!! Some of you were also asking about the setup, so here it is:

Motor: Turnigy 2204-14T
Servos: JR S185's all around
TX: Futaba 12Z (Futaba Fasst 2.4)
You guys will definitely love this airplane once it comes out. Also, I look forward to seeing some of you Friday!

~Jase
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:26 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaseTheAce View Post
You guys will definitely love this airplane once it comes out. Also, I look forward to seeing some of you Friday!

~Jase
You know I'm looking forward to seeing it.
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
He Reigns
United States, MI
Joined Apr 2011
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
you know i'm looking forward to seeing it.
+1
bdiesel3 is offline Find More Posts by bdiesel3
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:30 PM
S/W Wi
Joined Oct 2008
143 Posts
very nice looks like it will be another great plane
kodaknix is offline Find More Posts by kodaknix
Old May 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
Foamies for life! #f3p
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011