SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2003, 02:59 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,137 Posts
Blue Angels time again in SF

It's that time of year again. A beautiful, clear day and those awesome blue and yellow Hornets buzzing around the city at lunch time. Remember all you lucky Bay Area folks -- full dress rehersal tomorrow, followed by shows on Saturday and Sunday.

Neil
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2003, 03:32 PM
Oakland Ca. in an old warehouse, lots of room but no rooms...
Joined Sep 2002
68 Posts
Hey now,
Sure enough (grumble) yet another draw away from the field.
We were going to have wingo races on saturday too.
Oh well, fewer folks to hit while trying to learn to hover...
RobII
RobII is offline Find More Posts by RobII
Old Oct 09, 2003, 04:15 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
And they'll be at MCAS Miramar in San Diego next weekend...
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Oct 10, 2003, 06:02 PM
Senior Moment Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Jul 2002
1,337 Posts
I've been watching them for most of the day practising their formations as they fly over my house. It's way cool! I remember one year they got in trouble with the Mayor for flying inbetween some of the highrise office buildings in the financial district. A friend who worked in one of those buildings remembers looking straight out her window and seeing one of the pilot's face and almost being able to read his name on the plane.
babblefish is offline Find More Posts by babblefish
Old Oct 11, 2003, 07:40 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
When I lived in Mt View I worked at a building on Middlefield road not too far from Moffett field where the Navy had an air station. The BA would be in town and they'd close 101 down for their pratice sessions on Thursday and Friday before the weekend airshow. We had a great view from the second floor windows. The BA were flying A-4s back then.

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old Oct 12, 2003, 08:33 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,137 Posts
Today was the final airshow, and it happened to be the first time this weekend that I was actually at home during the event. Fat Albert was killing time for about 15 minutes before his entrance by flying around over the southern part of the city at about 500 feet on a circuit that took him right over my house about every 2 or 3 minutes. Nothing like seeing a C-130 skimming right over your rooftop and making pylon turns! The sound was awesome.

Neil
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse