HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by whakahere, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,238 Posts
Discussion
wire diagrams

here is my diagram for the wing I am build. please check the notes as I have change it to get the OSD to display the whites better.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:32 AM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
781 Posts

Thats strange as I could not find a PM button on your profile. Anyways, Hi there! I just noticed some of your posts and was interested as I just completed my first ftv plane and setup. I"m using 5.8 and starting with CP cloverleaf antennas. I'm really impressed with the range you are getting and I'd like to try and build one of the easier antennas for my receiver. What would you suggest for range improvements from the tiny little cloverleaf. Any other suggestions for improving the system? I'm not just interested in range. I guess I could have gone with 2.4 if it was just about that. I love what appears to be a really clean signal for the most part compared to many of the other frequencies. Just seemed like a nice place to start... Cheers, Mel
melsailsnorth is offline Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,238 Posts
Build yourself a 4 or 5 turn helical. That will increase your range and still give you some beam to fly in.

People keep telling me that they can't find my pm. no idea why it isn't there.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere