Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,155 Posts
Discussion
Traxxas 1/10 scale Summit 4x4 Monster Truck ( w/ new green color scheme)

I had an "aaah ha!" moment recently

after looong period of consideration and debate, I've come to the realization that no matta how much a guy may want to, a guy can't fly everyday . I mean, I LOVE to fly... 40"+ parkflyers (foam) warbirds mostly, but I have been dabbling in some 3D lately, oh, and there's ultra-micro planes and a micro coaxial heli...anyways, can't get enough... so when it comes to RC, I love flyin' most, but truth be told, I basically like most things RC, it's all justa blast...heck, if I had access to a pond or lake I'd even have me a boat or hydro or something hahaha (my Super cub has a set of floats for it ready to go).... but between the annoying, random windy days and the week long stretches of full blown in-climate weather during the winter & spring that blows through for a full week at a time it's easy to go weeks, maybe a month+, without the opportunity to fly.

of course the weather is only part of the problem... there's those last minute work schedule changes that occasionally get in the way too, usually happens on the one beautiful day after weeks of crappy weather, go figure... yaaa, so I decided I needed something RC related to play with that didn't rely on having flyable weather but will get me outside from time to time during the off season (for flyin' that is)

sooo, after almost 3 years of and ooglin' like a kid over the pics and YouTube videos and then endless debating, hesitation, procrastination and contemplation on how to justify dropping a sizable chunk of cashola on the table for a Traxxas 1/10 scale Summit 4x4 Monster Truck, I finally broke down and bought one

I've had a couple 1/8 scale nitro vehicles over the years, an OFNA 4x4 buggy and a Yokomo GT-4, and have had a blast with em... nitro is definitely cool, but... nitro is sooo dang messy compared to lipo power... and not to mention, unlike nitro, I can run the Summit around the yard at 7am on a Sat or Sun (or midnight) and not freak out the neighbors ... and so after they've sat on the shelf for a couple years I finally broke down and sold em off about a year ago... kinda missed em because I like the surface RC stuff enough to find another vice... I did, in the Traxxas 1/10 scale Summit 4x4 Monster Truck

last fall whilst strategizing the acquisition of the Summit, I figured I'm gonna need a boony-hoppin' buddy, so it made perfect sense I buy my 4 yr old grandson his first RC vehicle (a "Ruckus") last Christmas to get him started out in the RC world... yes, I have an agenda

I picked up the Traxxas 1/10 scale Summit 4x4 Monster Truck in early January and have only run a half a dozen packs through it so far but.... daaang, it is a beast! ("Beast"... yep, that's what I've named it ) the fact that its completely waterproof is craaazy cool... from what I've seen so far its virtually unstoppable.

I bought the new green color for something different and added the functional LED light bar, otherwise its totally stock.

wheelin' with my grandsons!! Coleson running my Traxxas Summit and Tate driving Colesons Ruckus (1 min 21 sec)
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:08 AM
United States, VA, Bedford
Joined Oct 2011
178 Posts
The Summit is one of my favorite trucks, too. It's the "anti-basher". It wasn't designed for speed. But it can climb just about anything.

And it's a great truck for spending time with your kids, too. Instead of worrying about them hitting the house, you both find things it WON'T climb.

Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
LaTuFu is offline Find More Posts by LaTuFu
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:26 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,155 Posts
here is the gallery of new color schemes for the Summit:

link to new colors

HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy