HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:13 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
So speaking of jets... I am really interested in getting something one of these days. My little F16 just isn't doing it for me. What I'd like is something that can fly fairly fast but more importantly I'd like something very scale. I don't mind spending some time putting it together but I'm not sure I want a two year project.

Any thoughts? Searching around just doesn't seem to be yielding the right thing.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,418 Posts
Try a Smart Model 100mm Hawk, great price super light and can be a 100mm or a 90mm. $430 shipped to the us.
http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...2&third_id=226
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:57 AM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
So speaking of jets... I am really interested in getting something one of these days. My little F16 just isn't doing it for me. What I'd like is something that can fly fairly fast but more importantly I'd like something very scale. I don't mind spending some time putting it together but I'm not sure I want a two year project.

Any thoughts? Searching around just doesn't seem to be yielding the right thing.

Here you go.
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:56 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Haven't moved the executive jet yet eh?

The Hawk is actually more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I like the military SM-03 picture. It looks like from the various pictures and list of things included that there would still be quite a bit of gear to get before you're ready to fly. I didn't see references to the scale cockpit and landing gear/retracts for instance. Have you built one of those Aaron?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:21 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
Nope. I guess I'll have to reduce the price......again.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:58 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Yeah a number of months ago I listed my F16. No inquiries even. So I just decided to fly it until I decide to have a paintball event with the scouts or something.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:04 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,872 Posts
This is way too nice to paintball. I just have too many planes. I need a radio that will fit them all.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:22 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
I figure there is an end to every plane. Some last longer than others. Just once I'm going to have a real spectacular end to a plane. (Not a big crash). Like shot gun, paintbal or something.

Actually, I'd bet money nobody can hit that jet with a paintball gun. it isn't that fast, but still, it isn't slow either.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:33 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
The Hawk is actually more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I like the military SM-03 picture. It looks like from the various pictures and list of things included that there would still be quite a bit of gear to get before you're ready to fly. I didn't see references to the scale cockpit and landing gear/retracts for instance. Have you built one of those Aaron?

I haven't built one, it was just released by Kin at Smartmodel. You'd need a power system, servos and retracts of your choice....pretty typical for a fiberglass EDF. Here is the tread on it, look at the later pages for better specs. He is also coming out with a complete composite version, but the wings are interchangeable so you can get the current version and upgrade later if you like. For the size of the plane it's an excellent price but no one has flown one yet so who knows how it will be. I'm not in the market for a hawk, I just got an RC Lander Hawk.....which is a LOT less money but foam.

Another one that's been getting good review is the HK L-59. $180 it's less money and sounds like a good flier according to the thread.. Retracts are only $108 with struts, plus a power system....I've been thinking a Jetfan-90 with a HET 700-68-1500kv on 8s with an ICE 100, pulls 90 Amps and puts out 3.8kg of thrust and will sound awesome! I think it's a good looking plane and find myself wanting to hit the "add to cart" button.

Aaron
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
I'm really tempted actually to go all the way and buy a yellow aircraft kit.
http://www.yellowaircraft.com/jets/f16.htm

I built so many models of jets growing up (and even one within the last few years) that it just irks me not to have them look like the real thing. I have this urge to get the same detail level out of an rc model that I got out of all the plastic models I built . Maybe unrealistic expectation..
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
South Jordan, Utah
Joined Mar 2007
63 Posts
UVA member invite

I just sent out an email with this link to all the UVA members. We talked about this forum at our last meeting and some members had no knowledge of it. We'll see if getting the word out (again) helps kick start the club members into using this forum more often.
rus55ros is offline Find More Posts by rus55ros
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:03 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rus55ros View Post
I just sent out an email with this link to all the UVA members. We talked about this forum at our last meeting and some members had no knowledge of it. We'll see if getting the word out (again) helps kick start the club members into using this forum more often.
Could the UVA website be updated with a link to the forum?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:04 PM
South Jordan, Utah
Joined Mar 2007
63 Posts
That would be nice, but I'm not sure of the answer. Maybe our webmaster, MIchael W. could comment.
rus55ros is offline Find More Posts by rus55ros
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:13 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rus55ros View Post
That would be nice, but I'm not sure of the answer. Maybe our webmaster, MIchael W. could comment.
I didn't actually get your email by the way. I just saw your post here. I've got other bulk emails recently though.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:57 PM
United States, UT, Saratoga Springs
Joined Mar 2010
458 Posts
I got the email with the link.

Justin
the_walrus is offline Find More Posts by the_walrus