SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
I didn't get a chance to fly, still got some tuning to do and a few minor other preparations. And my smoke oil is still in the mail. I did fire up the 50cc though. Sheesh, I think that think will hover at 1/3 throttle.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:49 AM
I meant to do that...
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
It looks really good. Post when you plan to fly it.
psteiner is offline Find More Posts by psteiner
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:51 AM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
For sure. I'll be taking a video of the maiden of course too. I double checked the CG, secured the servo wiring and did a few touches up on the radio programming so it's actually just about ready now. Perhaps this weekend if weather and other activities don't interfere. I may go to Granstville to fly it the first time though. Not as much margin for error at Lehi and there just isn't anywhere else around here to fly it that I know of.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:02 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,312 Posts
Who in the UVA is headed to St George? Do you want to meet up with the UFOs?
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:12 AM
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Joined Jun 2010
16 Posts
Russ, Roger, Elwyn and I are heading down on Thursday. We would love to link up with the UFO's. What are your plans?
hadfield is offline Find More Posts by hadfield
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:08 AM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Wish I could do that this weekend. Unfortunately I can't break away from other stuff going on. Seems that's how it is more often than not
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,926 Posts
Lynn,

UFO PLANS:

FLY ALL DAY
PARTY ALL NIGHT

For some of us "FLY" is a loose term generally referring to shredding air particles and/or ground particles.

Since we're a pretty mild crowd, for us "party" means going out to a nice dinner, charging batteries for the next day, catching a movie, night flying at least one night (undecided which, will depend on weather and mood), and travelling in the morning and evening to picturesque locales nearby for FPV flying and photography.

We have a club tradition of eating at Benja's one night during the trip, it's a Thai / Sushi restaurant that's amazing. If you've never had Thai food, everybody we've brought with us has loved it. Those of you who know us and don't secretly despise us for being the funnest RC group in the universe are welcome to join us for dinner, or any of the activities really.

There has been some talk of sneaking out one evening to catch a showing of Red Tails, the story of the WWII African American air wing. Supposed to have some amazing aerial dogfights. I've intentionally been holding off seeing it here so I can see it with the guys down there, but most everybody else has already seen it and want to see it again.

The Remote RC club is having a night fly, but I'm not sure many of our guys want to attend it because night flying for us is usually a combat-centric event that is best served over soft grass, not pavement & rock. There's a nice park east of the freeway where we do that.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:45 PM
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Joined Jun 2010
16 Posts
Please keep me posted on the times and locations of your activities. We would enjoy spending some time with the funnest RC group in the universe.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:47 PM
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Joined Jun 2010
16 Posts
PS I love Thai food.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:54 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,926 Posts
Man, I'm so used to getting flaming retorts from the Salt Lake crowd any time I say something outlandish. It's nice to just get a polite confirmation of our perceived (though improbable) elevated status. I forgot this wasn't the unCIVIL War thread, where comments about genetic inbreeding, brain lobe separation, and skewed orientation of affections are tossed back and forth on a daily basis.

Somebody needs to get Lynn a shovel and show him how to sling mud!

But then again, I guess this is the UVA thread. I'll let the club Pres set the tone and keep the teasing & prodding in the other thread(s). That'll work well actually, then I won't have to split my attention and can focus all my teasing towards the Yanks!
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:55 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,312 Posts
Here is the St George thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1327296

Here is the map to the grass field we do combat at.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ve...via=1&t=h&z=14

Todd feels bad if people don't argue with him or insult him on a regular basis. Hurry someone say something!!!!

Todd can you give a generalized schedule and every one needs to get cell phone numbers so you can make contact down there.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
South Jordan, Utah
Joined Mar 2007
63 Posts
Testing

OK, I think I'm online with this now.
rus55ros is offline Find More Posts by rus55ros
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
South Jordan, Utah
Joined Mar 2007
63 Posts
Hi Lee. I'm still trying to get this site figured out. I hope you get this message. My brother Roger and I will both be in St. George this weekend. We will be hanging out with Lynn Hatfield and Elwyn Peck.
rus55ros is offline Find More Posts by rus55ros
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:39 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,312 Posts
We will see you at the modelport and let you know our plans from there.

Enjoy the drive.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Oh Gas Gurus:

Which fittings work best for hooking my fuel pump to my gas can. I just need a couple little fittings that I can put the tygon tubing to each side in and out of the tank. You can buy those cap fittings from dubro but they seem to all say they are for glow only.