SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:00 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,572 Posts
Thanks. My father-in-law suggested the same thing. Any ideas on how to reinforce it?

As for the C Channel aluminum. I got it at Lowe's in the "piece" isle. Its the isle that sells many many different lengths, sizes, and shapes of steel and aluminum. I believe its by the ladders, between the hardware isles and the sheetrock isles.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:29 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,892 Posts
Done yet?

I'm ready to shoot video of the maiden!
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,572 Posts
No, I've put it aside for a second to enjoy some flying. I went and flew all day yesterday. It was nice to just get out there and fly. I flew the micro geebee, the 1/4 supercruiser and my B-17. Sean got a tiny amount of video of it, but I don't think he is going to post it. I was up for over 10 minutes on the 1/4 Supercruiser. Not bad for electric.
Old May 03, 2012, 05:31 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,572 Posts
Don't count me out on this project. I've just been really distracted with the beautiful weather outside. I'm working on it again.
Old May 04, 2012, 06:12 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,892 Posts
Sure ya are
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old May 06, 2012, 05:24 AM
United Kingdom, England, Whitstable
Joined Jan 2007
106 Posts
You are doing a good job, I am sure that you will enjoying flying the Cub. The only thing you might consider changing at a later date is the undercarriage. On my cub of a similar size I have a proper sprung undercarriage (Like Robarts). It was expensive but worth it.
Regards

JM
Reacherr is offline Find More Posts by Reacherr
Old May 06, 2012, 08:14 AM
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Feb 2006
1,800 Posts
Skyline, I just read this entire thread because I'm a Cub fan myself, and I get all the way to the end where you comment about how nice the weather has been,and I think to myself - yep, here too. Then I noticed that you are from the 'Ville!

Where do you fly? I currently have a Pat Tritle L-4 that I've been flying. Looking forward to seeing this one fly in person.

Dion
dion9146 is offline Find More Posts by dion9146
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Gull plan pics
Old May 06, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dion9146 View Post
Skyline, I just read this entire thread because I'm a Cub fan myself, and I get all the way to the end where you comment about how nice the weather has been,and I think to myself - yep, here too. Then I noticed that you are from the 'Ville!

Where do you fly? I currently have a Pat Tritle L-4 that I've been flying. Looking forward to seeing this one fly in person.

Dion
I live the next exit up from you on the 71. I fly down at Tom Sawyer.
Old May 06, 2012, 04:57 PM
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Feb 2006
1,800 Posts
Actually I'm off of exit 17 in Buckner.

Good weekend for flying, but it's starting to get hot!
dion9146 is offline Find More Posts by dion9146
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Gull plan pics
Old May 28, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Hey great build with a lot of usefull madifications to this kit. I started building my gp .40 cub around the same time you started and have decided to convert it to a electric super cub with flaps and build it to a better scale apearance.
350swapblazr is offline Find More Posts by 350swapblazr
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:33 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2007
99 Posts
Does anyone have a digital version of the drawings? I want to continue building my old piper but lost the drawing, only have to manuel and the wing drawing I think (hope) most of the box is still complete.
BasTijs is offline Find More Posts by BasTijs
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:50 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,361 Posts
A couple days ago I ordered this same kit, having done a little cramming on my research. Today I found your build thread and read through it. Very inspirational. Nice quality workmanship. You've given me many ideas to think through before beginning the build. And I'm comforted that this particular kit was a good choice.
loNslo is online now Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,572 Posts
Oh yeah. Its a good fun build. I'm at a stand still with mine. I've been flying and trying to not spend so much time in the basement working on it. Once winter comes along, the build will start back up. Basically, All I have left to do is add the covering and the details. Honestly, its the scariest part.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:35 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,361 Posts
I understand. You don't want to spoil that beautiful framework.

Just grab your courage in both hands.

In case it helps, I haven't built a model in ~50 years. And have never flown R/C.
loNslo is online now Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:38 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,572 Posts
Just mounted the braces on the underside of the fuselage. Making a little more progress.