1,350 Posts
And descend faster when power is lost.
loNslo is online now Find More Posts by loNslo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,197 Posts
I'll start a new thread when I get going in earnest. I scanned the side view of cockpit and area rear of wing to draw in locations of servos, battery packs, and seats, etc. Rudder and elevator servos will mount aft of the wing, receiver will be concealed in the baggage "tub" to help counter the weight of the geared AF25 and it's tubular aluminum mount. I may wind up installing a much lighter modern outrunner, speed control and battery setup depending on flight performance.

Attached are some rough idea doodles planning how to mount batttery packs, seats, etc. for best concealment in flight or for display. Version 1, option to leave seats in or out in flight and put in through door/window for display , version 2 (lipos velcroed to ceiling), allows more scale-like seats, sticks and pedals mounting, Version 3, 2 series lipo packs strapped to rear seat, otherwise same as verson 2. Need to keep lipo to speed control wires as short as possible, longer esc to motor wires are OK. Large models have more options for RC and power systems concealment.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Last edited by E-Challenged; Oct 13, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:57 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,486 Posts
I've had this plane airborne for 1 year now. I thought I'd start giving it some "scale" treatment. Working on cowl right now and I'll start working my way back to the tail. This is what I have done so far. It may not look like a lot, but this actually took me some time.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Jun 27, 2013, 01:05 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
I've had this plane airborne for 1 year now. I thought I'd start giving it some "scale" treatment. Working on cowl right now and I'll start working my way back to the tail. This is what I have done so far. It may not look like a lot, but this actually took me some time.
Need to add black washers behind the cowling clips.

On full scale they are usually rubber or felt and either cut in round circles or cut in a circle using pinking shears. But what you've done looks great!

This is what I got on my bench right now:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918850
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:20 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoCraft View Post
Need to add black washers behind the cowling clips.

On full scale they are usually rubber or felt and either cut in round circles or cut in a circle using pinking shears. But what you've done looks great!

This is what I got on my bench right now:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918850
I noticed on some of the pics I looked at, that some of the washers are either silver or black. Some have both. If I could get some micro clips in silver that would be great. I just want the two to have some contrast. Having black washers and black clips wouldn't show the detail.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:55 PM
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Feb 2006
1,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Looking good! I still need to see it flyin person one of these days!
dion9146 is online now Find More Posts by dion9146
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Gull plan pics
Old Jun 28, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dion9146 View Post
Looking good! I still need to see it flyin person one of these days!
Yes you do!