HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Oct 2008
139 Posts
Discussion
flightbox

hey any ideas on a flightbox that will hold a lawntractor battery? maybe a couple of drawers.etc?i like my old one but decided i wanted the big battery and i loveit,dont care about the weight i reaaly like the way it turns things over allday long.not practical to add onto the box i have although maybe?
ratlm is offline Find More Posts by ratlm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,057 Posts
Why do you want such a big battery? I built mine out of plywood and painted it black.
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Oct 2008
139 Posts
kylerdinger

kylerdinger thnks for the reply.i fly alot even in wyoming winter thouh i fly a lot of glider in the winter here.dont like to charge my battery every five minets,left over from electric planes i suppose.would like to make as few trips from the car to the flight stands(64 years old) .so id like to have my tools in drawers in the flightbox,fuel,etc.did you put drawers in yours?? i also would like to use my rec. charging jacks etc. spoiled aint i??
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Oct 2008
139 Posts
just tryin to see what everybody else did before i butcher my plywood.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,057 Posts
I didn't do any drawers in mine. I wanted to and still could, but it was to compicated for me at the time. I basically did a rectangle box and put a divider in the middle and then put a shelf on one side of the divider for my starter and battery to set on. Then under the starter shelf I cut a hole (big enough for my hand) so I could put all my misc. junk. On the other side of the divider I put all of my cleaning supplies. Also a spot for my fuel on the side. I might be able tio posst pics later.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Oct 2008
139 Posts
thnks

thnks again.that seems simple enough and efective.just kind of rummage threw your tools etc.a picture would be nice but if your like me thats a real hassle.if i had somethin like that i could leave most of the rest in the car.yah if you could do a picture that would be great.thnks!bob
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,057 Posts
It is pretty efective. It will hold everything that I need at the field, my glow starter, electric starter, fuel, cleaning supplies and a few tools in my storage hole. Whatever you like I guess.
Last edited by Kyler1; Jan 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Oct 2008
139 Posts
box

thnks ill spice that up to suite me and thatl be fine.just needed a way to get started.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,057 Posts
Alright.Let me know how it goes.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Oct 2008
139 Posts
10-4