SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:01 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
I don't remember the motor to motor size off hand. I'm pretty I'm at 140 on the gains. Still a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
Ok cool....my MTM is 38in....so its a fairly large Hexa. Looking at possibly converting to a Y6 and shortening the arms a little...rusty sells those double arm blocks now so you can make the arms removable...so maybe in a couple months i will tear it down and rebuild
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
United Kingdom, England, Canterbury
Joined May 2008
1,366 Posts
Yesterday I was met with Ozan and take some photos of his platforms.
I hope you will like the photos
MelihK is online now Find More Posts by MelihK
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
483 Posts
Two videos from us...first one,a Lanc controlled sony cx160 on board.octoXL frame and G.O. camera gimbal..
Thanks to Melih from Flytron...He designed the Lanc interface for us..

Sony CX160 with Flytron LANC Remote ZOOM & REC (1 min 56 sec)

Second one is a few little scenes from Eskisehir/Turkey..A funny park near the city.

Copterframes octoXL and G.O.mp4 (0 min 38 sec)

Videos taken from octoXL's maiden flight..unballanced props,a little tuned dji-m's gimbal control with G.O. default servos.
ozanozkok is offline Find More Posts by ozanozkok
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
611 Posts
The flight looks pretty good Ozan. Your first video looks like it has some codec issues, might want to try exporting it again / as a different format.

Sorry I haven't had the chance to get any test flight videos done, I worked about 13 hours Thursday, 12 hours Friday, and 8 hours Saturday so didn't get much done with the copter on Saturday. Today I spent time re-soldering wires for my motors / ESCs and I still need to get the copter put back together. I did do some quick tests in the mirror last week to see how the gimbal worked with my FC, it was moving way too quick on tilt so I had to turn that down a lot, it's better but I'm not sure just how it will look in a real flight. I also am having some mapping issues with my FC channels, I was able to get my s.bus RX installed but one motor / ESC doesn't want to work. That was part of why I did the soldering today, and I am going to try to get it working tonight or tomorrow (I'm off work tomorrow, yay!). I have some errands to run but am hopeful I can get my copter back together and at least get a quick test flight in.
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,213 Posts
Here is the first video with the G.O. Gimbal. Still needs little work but here is the raw video with no stabilization added it was windy about 10-12 mph with higher gust which did not help but made for good testing in not ideal conditions.

Hay Cutting in Texas August 2012 (2 min 34 sec)

Michael64
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
@michael64:

hey thats some great footage for being raw!! I think i may have finally gotten most of the vibes out out my twodee gimbal last night...but it was during dusk so i didnt have full lighting...gonna test some more today...
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:42 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64 View Post
Here is the first video with the G.O. Gimbal. Still needs little work but here is the raw video with no stabilization added it was windy about 10-12 mph with higher gust which did not help but made for good testing in not ideal conditions.

http://youtu.be/6LjLuRuyCNE

Michael64
Keep it up Michael, you are getting very close to the $3500 bucks (Z15) I just spent. Makes me feel worse and worse about my purchase. To be honest you have the gimbal dialed in it looks like, if you had that gimbal under the Flexacopter battery tray you'd be golden.

Andy
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:58 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,213 Posts
SDSURFNGLIDE and Sid3ways thank you for the great comments I try real hard but you all know sometimes its very trying to say the least. I little more work and maybe I will be close to where I what it to be.
Sid3ways you are right about the Flexacopter battery tray that would be most awesome for sure. Also the gimbal price is high for the Z15 but the results are amazing to bad it camera limited. If all a shot with was a Nex5 or Nex7 I would consider it but I shoot with different camera most of the time which is draw back for sure. I know you will like it alot for sure and most likely without hours and hours of changes.

Michael64
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Mar 2005
611 Posts
Ok, just did my first couple of short test flights with the gimbal installed and I'm having a major issue with the roll axis. Before I even get off the ground it is twitching, it doesn't move very far but it moves quickly and causes my copter to also twitch a bit. I've tried turning down the setting on that servo through my GCS to the point that it almost doesn't stabilize anymore, and it still twitches. Any ideas why? Is it noise / interference getting to that servo?

Edit: Just did a couple more changes / test flights, I notice it doesn't start doing it until I'm at about half throttle, just before I have enough power to take off. Lower throttle settings don't seem to cause the roll servo to twitch.
Last edited by mattchase; Aug 13, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:16 AM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
483 Posts
I tried 100hz servo refresh with wkm and it is working smoother @100hz with my servos.
tip:
-belts tension must be tight,
-gimbal(and camera) must be located at cg of the multi

When I use some bigger props,I saw problems about stability.I m using 11x4.7 with my 710 kv t-motors.My setup is ~4800gr with my octo.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2005
611 Posts
I don't have the option to set the servos to 100hz, but I do have 125hz which did seem to help a little, but it still twitches a fair amount.

The belts are pretty tight, the tilt belt is ever so slightly loose but just barely, and besides the tilt is working fine. The roll belt is tight.

I have the gimbal mounted pretty well on the CG, the camera is maybe a little behind the CG due to the way it mounts to the gimbal and the lens I'm using is very small and light, so the weight of the camera is not split between the body and lens. Seems to me this is a fairly small difference though.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Mar 2005
611 Posts
I just tried adding some weight to the camera plate to help balance the weight better into the center of the gimbal / copter and I'm still getting some bad twitching on the roll axis. I also tried setting my roll servo rate so high that it was basically not doing any stabilizing, and it still twitched a little. What the hell?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Sep 2008
705 Posts
V1 Nex3 flight

Hi Guys

I was playing around with one of the first mounts and my NEX3 the other day. I wanted to take some video of an approaching storm front, so this was in some pretty windy and gust conditions. It went from calm to about 20kph at time.

The mount is off by 1 tooth to the right that I didn't adjust before the flight.

I'm pretty pleased with the smoothness of the mount as it is on the Mikrokopter Y6. The vibration you see is due to the winds.

It is on a pretty high landing gear so, it does shake some on take off and landing (the gear isn't that stiff). The frame is a Rusty frame.

I also have a version that was processed after being run through Deshaker, and the difference is noticeable, but only when you run them side by side. Once I figure out how to do 'takes' in Premier, I will edit it so that can see both at the same time.

In bound storm front (2 min 50 sec)

I love the mount, and for the price it is one of the better mounts available.

Mike
va3mw is offline Find More Posts by va3mw
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Sep 2008
705 Posts
Here is the video after running it through deshaker: http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

Using deshaker (2 min 50 sec)
va3mw is offline Find More Posts by va3mw
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchase View Post
I just tried adding some weight to the camera plate to help balance the weight better into the center of the gimbal / copter and I'm still getting some bad twitching on the roll axis. I also tried setting my roll servo rate so high that it was basically not doing any stabilizing, and it still twitched a little. What the hell?
What is the gimbal controller?

Hey Michael,
great deshaker usage.I want to play some with this deshaker.I hope I can use as good as you..