HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:17 PM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
610 Posts
Hi Michael,

I thought about going with just 3 legs but was worried about it being tip happy. I might still give it a try though. Is the stability still there? I'm mostly worried about it when landing as even when I was using the CM-2 gear it seemed a bit easy to tip over if I didn't come straight down.

And yes, it was me. But I'm impatient and a little sneaky...when I ordered the landing gear parts from Rusty I also ordered a couple of extra clamping blocks. I noticed the aluminum tube of the GO looked just like my trex 500 booms and upon measuring it's diameter it is the same 5/8". Rusty's blocks aren't a perfect fit (the inner part is), they are a little bit shorter in length so I had to drill a couple of new holes in the camera plate to get them secure, and they are also a bit thicker so the screws from Ozan barely make it through the other side (the screws Rusty provided are longer so would work better, but the one's from Ozan are juuuuust long enough too).

I'm thinking about adding another inch or two to the height, as it is now if I roll the gimbal to one side or the other it will touch the ground. Then again if it is to the side when the copter is at ground level I'm probably crashing so the leg height would be the least of my worries.
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,193 Posts
The stability is not an issue with three I think better than four.Looked at Rusty clamps and there were a little to far off in diminsions and I did not want to drill more holes in the plate than I have to.

Michael64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchase View Post
Hi Michael,

I thought about going with just 3 legs but was worried about it being tip happy. I might still give it a try though. Is the stability still there? I'm mostly worried about it when landing as even when I was using the CM-2 gear it seemed a bit easy to tip over if I didn't come straight down.

And yes, it was me. But I'm impatient and a little sneaky...when I ordered the landing gear parts from Rusty I also ordered a couple of extra clamping blocks. I noticed the aluminum tube of the GO looked just like my trex 500 booms and upon measuring it's diameter it is the same 5/8". Rusty's blocks aren't a perfect fit (the inner part is), they are a little bit shorter in length so I had to drill a couple of new holes in the camera plate to get them secure, and they are also a bit thicker so the screws from Ozan barely make it through the other side (the screws Rusty provided are longer so would work better, but the one's from Ozan are juuuuust long enough too).

I'm thinking about adding another inch or two to the height, as it is now if I roll the gimbal to one side or the other it will touch the ground. Then again if it is to the side when the copter is at ground level I'm probably crashing so the leg height would be the least of my worries.
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
610 Posts
That's understandable, I thought about it for half a day before doing it, decided it was worth trying since I wasn't sure when the parts would arrive, and I have a couple big jobs coming up so need to get it up and running. I also know a couple machinists who could probably cut a new camera plate for me if I messed this one up too much, so that helped in deciding to drill the extra holes.

And then kazaam, like magic I got home tonight and have a package from Turkey! Go figure.

I will try the tripod leg arrangement and see how it goes. It would be nice to shave a little weight off, I am a few hundred grams heavier now than I was before, and a leg with it's hardware weighs about 71g.

Here are photos of my installation (notes under the photos):
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:35 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
Still have some jitter on the roll axis, not sure how to solve my problem.

http://youtu.be/voabFh22Ruk
Had the same problem but a 6 Volt BEC was the winner and jittering no more a problem.

Other bad thing, the roll servo is to slow. Tried with MWC Gimbal only and WKM Gimbal control and yes, plugged direktly to the reciever also but the servo moves to slow.
It is the one packed with the "G.O. Kit w servos (+$ 75.00)", realy strong but to slow. Have to replace it, wasted money.
teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:53 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,187 Posts
Thanks for the info teramax, will try the 6v BEC!

Cheers!
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:37 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,293 Posts
Here's my latest video from this week's Red Bull MX Championship at Loretta Lynn's Ranch. Enjoy!

Jason Cole

31st Annual Red Bull AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship at Loretta Lynn's Ranch (1 min 11 sec)
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Sep 2009
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Here's my latest video from this week's Red Bull MX Championship at Loretta Lynn's Ranch. Enjoy!

Jason Cole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYf46DlUM4o
That's very nice! Your handheld shots are more jittery lol. What setup are u using?
ozgunu is offline Find More Posts by ozgunu
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:56 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,293 Posts
Thanks! It's a custom Rusty's frame using eRC 15 motors and eRC Rapid Drive ESC's with a Naza and the Twodee V2 Gimbal.
Administrator
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:39 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,642 Posts
Quote:
Is the vignetting intentional
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:41 AM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:

Jason Cole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYf46DlUM4o
Wow, that are some real great shots.

Some tuning on the G.O, picture puzzle, find what's different

teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
Last edited by teramax; Aug 04, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:15 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Is the vignetting intentional
Yes, it gives it some mood. Otherwise it was pretty plain.
Administrator
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:26 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,642 Posts
OK, not to my taste but great video otherwise!
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:36 AM
recep
Ankara, TURKEY
Joined Sep 2005
481 Posts
Any news on roll servo
recep is offline Find More Posts by recep
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:37 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,384 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! It's a custom Rusty's frame using eRC 15 motors and eRC Rapid Drive ESC's with a Naza and the Twodee V2 Gimbal.
What size Hexa are you using? Also what kind of dampening are you using....its very steady....oh and what do you have your Naza gains set to? I'm still trying to get the bounce out of my videos...i think i needto go back and make sure all my motors and props are balanced again...
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:46 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,293 Posts
I don't remember the motor to motor size off hand. I'm pretty I'm at 140 on the gains. Still a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
Administrator