HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:44 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
@SDSURFnGLIDE

Man, I've been mounting the floating plate backwards with it hanging from the anti vibration screw. lol

Hey unfaix, I live in Arlington too. Nice to see another multi rotor here. I have been eyeballing Ozan's gimbal and watching this thread. I may need to enlist your help and double check my work when I build this gimbal.
Hockeymonkeymark is offline Find More Posts by Hockeymonkeymark
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:01 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
@SDSURFnGLIDE

Man, I've been mounting the floating plate backwards with it hanging from the anti vibration screw. lol
Dude...i took the floating plate off and just bolted the mounts up to the existing standoffs the hang from the standoffs...i cant believe how perfect the fit was!!!
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:13 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,185 Posts
What's the best recommended servo pour roll??
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,191 Posts
Ozan I have sent several email with no reply from you on my order. Please let me know whats going on if you will.

Thanks
Michael64
Michael64 is online now Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Is there coming any assembly guide for twodee v2?
chris wil is offline Find More Posts by chris wil
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:07 PM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64 View Post
Ozan I have sent several email with no reply from you on my order. Please let me know whats going on if you will.

Thanks
Michael64
Hi Michael,I send it the G.O. ~10 days ago. I hope it will be in your hand in 10 days.I m not in town and I cant send you the tracking numbers ,for now.I will in 2 days.
Best regards
Ozan
ozanozkok is offline Find More Posts by ozanozkok
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:08 PM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris wil View Post
Is there coming any assembly guide for twodee v2?
Yes Chris,
I will do it after 2 days when I will back to home.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Nice
chris wil is offline Find More Posts by chris wil
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Sep 2008
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
Just wanted to post up pics of my completed twodee v2 mounted on my Rusty's hexa frame.
You have married 2 of my favourite parts together. Nicely done.

Great mount and a great frame!!
va3mw is offline Find More Posts by va3mw
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by va3mw View Post
You have married 2 of my favourite parts together. Nicely done.

Great mount and a great frame!!
Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:01 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winggee View Post
I think I managed to assemble it ok. I'm a little concerned about the binding when I tighten down the 4 nuts that secure the bearings. The side of the cage rubs against the spacers.

I flew it yesterday, but got horrible results. It's pretty jittery. I haven't gotten time yet to track down what's wrong with my setup. It could be the Naza or the vibration dampers I'm using that's causing the extra movements. When it stops raining, I'll do some more troubleshooting.

One suggestion might be to drill some extra holes in the camera plate for more flexability with other cameras. I couldn't mount my olympus epl1 since the hole is towards the center. I'll drill a hole for it later to give it a try. I need to test everything with my cheap point and shoot before I lift a more expensive camera.

here's a few pics. I had some extra screws laying around so I made them red and dyed the stand offs black. Of course I somehow missed the bag of spacers, so that didn't get dyed.
Hi Winggee,

Did you mount the TwoDee under the CM-2 landing gear using the Floating Mount Plates? How was the alignment and clearance?

It seems very close to the ground but functional. I'm thinking the TwoDee V2 with CM-2 and a floating mount plate but I'ts not total clear how you connected the gimbal to the landing gear.

I may have missed that post. Sorry if I did. Nice rig by the way.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
@shelterock:

I have the CM2 LG w/floating camera plate and I could not get the gimbal to fit with the plate still attached...what I did was take only the plate off and left the "floating" assembly still attached.

Then what i did was go to my local hardware store and bought 4 clamps that had rubber inside...i dont know exactly what they are called, but if you look at my pics you should be able to see them.

I didnt buy the mounting tubes from copterframe, instead i had a wing spar left over from my radian pro that was the perfect fit...i cut it down and slipped the clamps onto it and it turned out to be the perfect spacing for the standoffs that the floating camera plate hanges on...just slip some bolts and washers in there and tighten it down...

Now i dont know how the video is yet with this setup since i havent been able to fly yet...should be getting my new Naza tomorrow..so hopefully i will be able to get some video this weekend.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:50 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Hello OZ
Finaly recieved and built the G.O. Gimbal, some drilling and a file is definitiv necessary but it is working for now.
But two pieces are mising in the box, the black pieces that hold the cameramountingplate on the boom, i need 4 (two pairs) of them but there where only 2 of them in the box left.

Also the brass tube and the missing extra long screw was a bit a puzzle. Finaly figured out but you could correct that in the manual.

PLZ send the missing parts.
Thanks

Video and buildlog is comming when i can mount the camera.
teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:41 AM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teramax View Post
Hello OZ
Finaly recieved and built the G.O. Gimbal, some drilling and a file is definitiv necessary but it is working for now.
But two pieces are mising in the box, the black pieces that hold the cameramountingplate on the boom, i need 4 (two pairs) of them but there where only 2 of them in the box left.

Also the brass tube and the missing extra long screw was a bit a puzzle. Finaly figured out but you could correct that in the manual.

PLZ send the missing parts.
Thanks

Video and buildlog is comming when i can mount the camera.
Hi Teramax,
Sorry about missing holders,I will send them monday morning.
Can you take a photo about puzzle parts? Main shaft structure of the roll axis is a little different in first produced 4 gimbal.I will take some photo shots for assembly about these 4 different samples.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:59 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
@shelterock:

I have the CM2 LG w/floating camera plate and I could not get the gimbal to fit with the plate still attached...what I did was take only the plate off and left the "floating" assembly still attached.

Then what i did was go to my local hardware store and bought 4 clamps that had rubber inside...i dont know exactly what they are called, but if you look at my pics you should be able to see them.

I didnt buy the mounting tubes from copterframe, instead i had a wing spar left over from my radian pro that was the perfect fit...i cut it down and slipped the clamps onto it and it turned out to be the perfect spacing for the standoffs that the floating camera plate hanges on...just slip some bolts and washers in there and tighten it down...

Now i dont know how the video is yet with this setup since i havent been able to fly yet...should be getting my new Naza tomorrow..so hopefully i will be able to get some video this weekend.
Hi SD,
I looked closely at your set up and definitely looking forward to your videos. I got an email from Rusty and the dimension indeed show that it wouldn't fit with the plate. He suggested his tube clamp system. I'll be looking for some photos of that. The tube system allows you to customize the leg length to accommodate the Twodee V2 or GO gimbal. Work and decisions in progress. I'm off to build the Hexa.
Thanks for the photos and sharing your build. H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock