|Jan 24, 2012, 12:10 AM|
Isis G2: Ultralight 3D
After a big success with the original...and an untimely death due to an esc-to-rx wire coming loose, I've decided to keep it rolling with a Gen. 2 version.
Gen. 1 - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436246
Problems from the last version.
- excellent casual flyer, but excessive twisting when pushed hard
- excellent servos, but may have been overloaded
- landing gear was useless due to flexing and proved to be unnecessary
- play in aileron bell crank linkage
- lack of gear mounting space
This one sees major improvements over the last version.
- stronger vertical and horizontal structures without much, if any, gained weight
- much more aesthetically pleasing
- tabbed and enlarged rudder for steady hovering
- a change in servos to better suit; AS2000 on R/E, HK-5320 on A
- slightly smaller ailerons to help with fuse rigidity
- solid gear mount area to reduce/eliminate unwanted play
- The third picture is the Isis G2 12".
|Jan 24, 2012, 07:36 AM|
|Jan 24, 2012, 10:48 PM|
I hand cut a new rudder. The original was badly warped. I added cf to it and will cover it tomorrow.
I am having issues with my aileron servo. It locks up near the end of its travel. (I don't like the 1.7g for this reason.) The HK5320 isn't here and I want to move on with life so I went back to the bell crank.
I hope to maiden tomorrow.
|Jan 27, 2012, 07:08 AM|
We flew it yesterday even with the locking aileron servo. We simply reduced the throw to the point where it wouldn't lock. Once I take care of that, it should be as aerobatic as the original. It is also a little heavier than the original.
|Apr 04, 2012, 11:01 PM|
Servos - LZ .675g servos on aile and elev, LZ .475g on rudd
ESC - on board (or) Micro Invent MBC1
Motor - Microflight/Plantraco GB03 (or) MPS 2g
Battery - Hyperion 70mah
Covering - 0.5Ám mylar
Linkages - 0.3mm on elev and rudd, maybe 0.6-0.5mm on aile
That's pretty much it. I just don't have the cash for it at the moment. I can understand paying $110 for a control board, but not for a single servo. (O.o)
I have another Isis G2 kit. I might try and sell it at our fly-in this weekend. Make back a little cash to progress...
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Video||Airbike Ultralight||pecanpatch||Fuel Plane Talk||30||Aug 23, 2012 05:15 PM|
|Build Log||Isis - the Lico Look Alike: Maiden Success!||boredom.is.me||Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models||140||Jan 15, 2012 04:57 AM|
|Sold||Exceed RC Raptor G2 400 Size 3D helicopter DSM2 2.4GHZ||marzvt||Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W)||7||Sep 07, 2011 11:31 AM|
|Sold||Exceed RC G2 3D Heli tons of extra's||bigle||Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W)||1||Aug 15, 2011 11:59 PM|
|Build Log||Project: homemade fully 3D capable ultralight heli||U.S.U.L||Micro Helis||221||Feb 28, 2010 03:26 PM|