SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:06 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,612 Posts
Channel assignment is something found on the higher end spektrum radio like the DX18 & DX10t. Not found on the DX7s and DX8
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:23 PM
Gentlemen, start your engines.
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,538 Posts
Thanks for a good review but you did cause me some confusion when in your photo caption on the SD Card use you said.
"From this screen I can import a saved model program to the card and from there to my computer or another transmitter."

The Manual says "Export" to the SD Card which is the normal term used when copying data from the original device to another device.

BTW you need to create a folder ("mymodels" or something), on the SD Card first so you can select the destination file when prompted.
skymaxy is offline Find More Posts by skymaxy
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,538 Posts
internal timer

The "internal timer"at the bottom of the Timer screen is clocking up "Flight Time" whenever I have that model selected even though the Throttle is set to activate the Timer only at 25%.

How can I reset this and make it only add flight time when I am flying?

There's nothing about this in the manual on Timer section.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:43 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,612 Posts
You CAN'T, it's function is to count the over all On time you were on that model. You can reset the internal timer but you can't set it that it only adds total flight time.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:32 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
You CAN'T, it's function is to count the over all On time you were on that model. You can reset the internal timer but you can't set it that it only adds total flight time.
Thanks, I've got a feeling this is a stupid question but what use is knowing how long you have that model Selected?
Since you spend more time programming/adjusting than flying.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:39 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,612 Posts
Shows how much time you had the radio on that model.
Quote:
Since you spend more time programming/adjusting than flying.
Once programmed, my flying the model eventually surpasses the programming time. So I don't spend more time programming/adjusting than flying BUT understand what you are saying and don't know the answer to that one.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:56 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,538 Posts
Quote:
Shows how much time you had the radio on that model. Once programmed, my flying the model eventually surpasses the programming time. So I don't spend more time programming/adjusting than flying BUT understand what you are saying and don't know the answer to that one.
The programming takes almost no time, It's because I have made significant Undercarriage and other mods which have required the plane to be on the Bench with everything switched on for longish periods.

Now I'm done I guess I will re-set it and estimate the previous actual Airtime.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:07 AM
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2004
1,510 Posts
How hard is it to change from mode 2 to 1 on a dx7s thinking of buying one but wrong mode for me
Desert flier is offline Find More Posts by Desert flier
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,612 Posts
Programming is very easy to change modes. Hardware is also fairly easy if you can follow instructions from the manual.

Have a look at the manual online and go from there.
What maybe easy for some could be hard for others.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:10 AM
ec130
So.Cali usa
Joined Mar 2009
303 Posts
Hi I got my new Dx7s & AR8000 an I did my first long fpv flying up to 3,360ft away check out my video ec130rhine...what the max range it can go anyone ?? I flying a quadcopter with naza & GPS so if I go out of range it will rth!
Ec130b4 is offline Find More Posts by Ec130b4
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:42 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
Nobody publishes a "range" because it depends so much on installation, environment, terrain, etc. but in SoCal you're probably in about as ideal a place as you can find for long range. Sounds like fun!

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:55 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec130b4 View Post
<snip> I flying a quadcopter with naza & GPS so if I go out of range it will rth!
you set the receiver in preset Failsafe and did the extra step during binding?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:13 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,902 Posts
New DX7s user here. I agree the manual is not very good. The hardware is pretty good except for two things.

1. No backlight on the display. I knew that before I bought it but didn't realize how important it is. Would it be possible to retrofit a backlit display?

2. My fingers are very smooth and I have trouble with the roller. I did find a technique that helps some. That is to roll only on the bottom half so that I can put on more pressure without triggering the switch. But it is still a pain. Has anyone tried applying some contact cement, or something similar, to the surface or the grooves to make it easier to grip?

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:33 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,612 Posts
LCD backlight kits are available from various sources and varying prices from 10$ to 60$.

I tried PlastiDip my roller on the DX8 once and didn't like the finished look but this could of been the results of my first time using the product and how picky I am with my things.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:51 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,902 Posts
Quote:
LCD backlight kits are available from various sources and varying prices from 10$ to 60$.

I tried PlastiDip my roller on the DX8 once and didn't like the finished look but this could of been the results of my first time using the product and how picky I am with my things.
Did you remove the roller to apply the PlastiDip? Any problems other than the look?

Do you have any links to the backlight kits?

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1