HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:42 AM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Apr 2006
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Those of you that are using the eflite landing gear, where did you get the axles?
The axles are sold with the eflight Cub Wheels. Well worth purchasing. The wheels and tires are nice and the axles are plated with flats for the wheel collar set screws. You can also use 5/32" piano wire to make axles out of.

I called Horizon to get a replacement for a defective axle hub that came in my Cub 25e kit. They said it was going to be a really really long time before they got more landing gear kits in stock.
dhc8guru is offline Find More Posts by dhc8guru
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:40 PM
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
Here is my Cub with the new landing gear...

Sampick is offline Find More Posts by Sampick
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:42 PM
3d Master in Training
United States, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Dec 2011
725 Posts
Very nice
garrettt04s is online now Find More Posts by garrettt04s
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:56 AM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,112 Posts
Thank you guys.

I was just about ready to take a chance with H K......................................

No way.

Rich
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:21 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post
I was just about ready to take a chance with H K......................................

No way.

Rich
for a $50 kit, this has been a great flying plane for me, does beautiful 20 yard touch and gos, inverted passes 5 feet off the deck, even does a nice knife edge
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:30 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post

No way.

Rich
For an extra $17 to swap out the landing gear, this has my best purchase ever! But you missed it anyways; HK no longer stocks it in the USA warehouse.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:31 PM
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
What a nice plane! I did my first flight with the new landing gears today. This plane is flying so smooth!

Sampick is offline Find More Posts by Sampick
Old Apr 02, 2013, 07:58 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,069 Posts
Here's a video of my clipped wing cub. After destroying all but the wings on my first Supercub in a BIG crash, I replaced it with the Clipped wing ARF and kept the short wings for another time. I Finally managed to get to FPV it last weekend.

Immersive FPV Supercub with 3-Axis camera gimbal (4 min 56 sec)

The aircraft is a Clipped wing Cub from Hobbyking, with 1870mm Supercub wings, and scale FPV. The novell feature about this is that it uses a three axis camera gibmal in the cabin at the scale location allowing you to pan, tilt and roll the camera with a headtracker. The addition of the roll feature certainly makes the experience more "immersive" from the pilot's POV. The camera motion is a little more organic compared to pan / tilt alone. To come are some improvements to the gimbal and cabin interior, along with adding the pilots arms and legs to follow the controls. The dashboard also has a working compass and clock.

The video is from the first flight last weekend, but it is a ground station recording. I never got into FPV to be a movie producer, I just record my GS in case I lose the aircraft and want a record of the location. I think it still makes for an entertaining video all the same. I hope you enjoy it. The CW Cub makes for an awesome FPV platform in my opinion, if you can deal with the fragile nature of it. It ain't no foamy!

Subsonic.
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Apr 02, 2013, 08:20 PM
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Sep 2012
230 Posts
Neat video...! Reminds me of the "heads-up" displays we had in some of our planes. I like the "home" arrow and how far it is away. Way cool...

Steve
swcushing is offline Find More Posts by swcushing
Old Jul 22, 2013, 03:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, Frome
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Seems like this model is only available from the AUS warehouse at Hobbyking now. Does anyone know if it has been discontinued?

Any idea where I could get hold of one for cheap/easy delivery to the UK?
I know Nitroplanes stock a differently covered version of the same thing, but shipping from the USA would be expensive...
paul4477 is offline Find More Posts by paul4477