SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, OH, Fairborn
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
thanks for the info tartago...i went ahead and put a hxt ubec in my checkout cart..i read that the external ubec will help keep the esc's running cooler...i would just need one of these right? not 1 for each speed controler right?
wind1234 is offline Find More Posts by wind1234
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:54 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
only one ubec. you simply pull the wire from the other ESC, so it doesn't confuse the whole system.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:56 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
you can always go with the Plush ESC and they have a built in BEC. I love the Plush ESC's. they are exactly as advertised................bulletproof.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
i allready got 2 orders in thats been processing for a week ...ill probly wait for my lil chinese friends to get done playing with firecrackers and get on top these orders...dont wanna find out in a few days when they get back that stuff i ordered is like back ordered or something crazy...i got like another 200 dollar order ready to place... but not into seeing it processing for another week or 2... its a shame too.. i got lotsa goodies in my cart and cant go much further with my build till i get my fans in...i wouldnt even bother but man there stuff is alot cheaper than anyone else......guess i can start planning my next build while i wait : )
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:23 AM
Registered loser :)
warm sunny(rainy, windy)Florida
Joined Jan 2005
159 Posts
wind1234,

check your pm when ya get a chance.... my project progresses as well

Will
wbnemo1 is offline Find More Posts by wbnemo1
Old Feb 19, 2012, 04:17 AM
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
looking good wbnemo1....i had to put this project on hold till i get some things ive got ordered....i probly shouldnt has undertaken this type of build for my first build...l but it looks cool hanging on the wall i guess lol.....so i been working on my bullet plane build ..i expect i should start getting goodies this week (got like 5 orders of stuff)the main thing i need to get working on this again is my edf units...i need them for size reference i got 2 sets 77mm and 90 mm and im going to cram the bigest ones that will fit lol......then i do my power testing when my motors and esc's get here and that will let me know how heavey i can make the plane(because im thinking about glassing it) mabe i even ordered me one of those staypro video cams today to record the epic crash : ).....does it have to technicaly leave the ground to have an epic crash? bah we will get her off the ground if i have to strap my .48 nitro motor on it lol
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:36 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,982 Posts
Steve, you mentioned something about canards a while back, and I happened to run across this.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
my 77mm fans showed up today..some quick pics to show the fans seting in the duct........also got my esc's (100 amp) and my motors for my 89mm fans (1850 kv) motors weigh 6 oz.....bigger then i thought they would be...but look real nice : )....my other fans shouldnt be but a day or 2 behind and i will see if i can get them in here if not ill use these 77mm fans with some 450 watt motors....id like to run some 800 watt motors but the 77mm fans use the 3.17 mm shaft and most the bigger motors have the 4mm shaft and hk has been out of 4mm shafts so i guess im limited at the moment........i got enough to get me building for a little bit i guess......as allways guys thanks for looking and all the help...newbs like me sure do appreciate it : )

steve
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:39 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
perhaps a suggestion................try not to leave the fans open like that, or you'll lose thrust. make short thrust tubes and use 85% FSA as your outlet. you can always move the fans forward a bit to hide the thrust tubes inside the exhausts. a good length for the thrust tubes would be about two fan widths, or about 160mm, give or take a few.

Rich
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Jan 2005
159 Posts
would you please show more photos of your build..I'd like to see the nose area and all

Will
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
some pics of the nose for ya.....and yea the fans are going way more forward i just stuck them in there to show how much more room i had with 77mm fans in there...the motors i got for the 89mm fans are beastly need to get some that weight forward...being new to eletric flight im not used to motors and there sizes...when your shoping on line your like that should have enough power but when you get them you relize how big they are and how much weight they really are and how much power your going to need.....guess im learning : )

any other pictures you would like to see id be glad to take : )
wish my last set of fans would have come today....supposed top get my motors and stuff from hobbyparts friday for these 77mm fans
i need to stop and get me some flux tomorrow so i can start getting all my connectors soldered up and do some testing : )
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Jan 2005
159 Posts
Thanks for the pics
you mentioned color of the plane...thought you might like to see this to help with color

Will
Last edited by wbnemo1; Feb 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: added another pic
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Jan 2005
159 Posts
as you can see, it's kind of a bluish gray with various shades
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
i think as far as color im going to go with black and white and do it up like a futuristic police plane with working red and blue strobes..its going to look cool weather it flys or not lol...but paint is a long way off...my next step is to mount the fans if they fit when they come in if not ill mount these 77mm fans...either way i got some playing around with the ducts a little still to do then ill start on my control surfaces and get them figured out then finish covering the bottom with the 1/32 sheet balsa....then mabe a very light glass coat just for a little extra strenght......there is no spars in the plane nowhere at this point... just basicaly an exo skeleton of balsa..but seems really strong no bend or flex nowhere : )
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
got my fans in today.......you can see the size difference the 89mm on the left and 76 on the right....did i say cram it in there lol...you can see the fan on the right poofing the duct but i got 2 layers of foam in the bottom and i could just take the inside layer off and it would give it more room...id say these might help it get off the ground.....i will be doing 5s testing on these fans and see what kinda numbers i get...got a day off tomorrow i might actually get something done : )