SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:45 AM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Thanks.. three straight nights of off hours work and I wanted to enjoy the hobby but wasnt in the right frame of mind...... Heck even when work is slow !
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Bottom wing, rrudder, and elevators completed now. Going to start the horiz stab later today.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:48 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
194 Posts
Looking good!
wcessna is offline Find More Posts by wcessna
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Horizontlal stab done ..needs a final hit with the heat gun. Will start the upper wing / ailerons next. Holding off on completely covering the fuse as I have some work making shelves or whatever is needed inside to locate battery, receiver and regulator. Will have to get some type of preliminary balance first.
/
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:36 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Created and covered a hatch on the underside so I have access to the pull pull connection if needed. I may cover over so not readily seen. I started the ailerons and covering the bottoms and the leading edge. Will install the hinge points so I have access to the inside before sealing up. Due to them needing to be in an inverted V from the hinge line being at the top I will need to add some small pieces where the hole exits so the expoxy stays in place. Going forward I made a mental note that they install angle doens't need to be so acute when top hinging, eliminating this issue. Live and learn.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:20 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Ailerons are done and the main wing is coming along. Leaving top open so I can run the ailron wires. At the time the LHS only had 21st century fabric. I don't have enough and locally I can only find solartex so we'll see if the silvers match. If not .no biggie.. will give her some character. Need to cover the aileron servo mounting plates, the bottom green side of the main wing. Then i'll start on the fuse bottom.

I completed the cutouts for the servo mounts and covered the servo mounting plates. The Green side is also done. I wanted to pint out and cut the roundels for the bottom wing but we somehow lost the printer cable .
Last edited by Thermalin; Aug 05, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:36 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,600 Posts
" lost the printer cable "

Mine is supposedly "wireless", but I haven't tried that out yet:-))))))))))))

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:50 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Yeah the kids (17 and 13) built a "fort" to sleep in one night in the family room and our cord has gone awol (so i printed the roundels off at work. I can enlarge or shrink on the home printer .

My bud Cessna picked up some Worldtex at the LHS so I'm back in business. It looks like it may be a shade or two lighter but thats fine. Going to use the extensions from my Cub which is still in the hospital for the aileron servos. Epoxy in the hinge points for the ailerons then cover the top of the wing. I have some uninterrupted time end of this week as the family is out of town. I'm thinking a maiden in the next couple weeks is a possibility
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:22 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Began a preliminary placement of battery, regulator and receiver (plus satellite) and found it's tighter in there than the US womens volleyball teams swim suits! Not much room when you add foam for tank, receiver, battery, etc. I'll need to burn some brain cells on this one. Easy install and removal of the 3cell 1300mah lipo is the main issue so it's back to the wing for now. I may need to add a second but the box fuse with the 1/32 ply skin over the rounded formers makes that a difficult option. I'll get a balance firsts and see what I have to work with in terms of placements.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:46 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Extended the aileron wires tonight and located my 6" extensions for the receiver. Hoping to plug and unplug just inside the cockpit with the wires coming down the back cabane hidden inside a straw around the wire cabane. I thought I would try a foam sleeve around the joint to limit the vibration of on the joint and keep it from flopping inside the wing, hitting the rib, etc.. A drop of CA should hold the foam though its pretty snug as is.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, MI, Marquette
Joined Dec 2010
208 Posts
Lookin good Thermalin ! Excited to see the finished product, she's gonna be pretty.
Taget is offline Find More Posts by Taget
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Nothing like cutting a hole in a completely good fuselage... Battery hatch underway and it's going much better than I anticipated. Will box it iin with a hole bottom corner for the regulator wire to come in.. So should be easy to put in and out.. Hopefully just a small delay. I started the hingepoints in the elevators and will have them mounted permanentlyto the horiz stab today. Hoping to get the fuselage covering going this evening after a bit of sunset flying.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:34 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Got a lot of the hatch done. Need to clean up the top and add the small sliding hatch holdown thing.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:52 AM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
194 Posts
Looks like it came out pretty good. Should be fine!
wcessna is offline Find More Posts by wcessna
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:25 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Started some covering on the fuselage.. bottom first and one side so seems are facing down. I decided to make a hatch on the bottom so I could access the pull pulls. Just need a hatch now (failed attempt today) under the nose so I can acces the velcro to strap the tank in.