HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:56 AM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
I should know by now to pick up extra brass tubing as I always muck up the provided pair. The problem with tanks for me is I dont do them very often and it seems to be a learning process each time. I'll pick some up while out to return door speakers the guy verified would fit my camry. I said, the cover looks like 6x9.. tech.. no no... thats molded into the door and it's just for looks. Seemed logical after all he sells speakers every day. Well after I removed the panel it turns out that 5 1/4" dont fit a 6x9 hole very well.
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:19 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,600 Posts
"I should know by now to pick up extra brass tubing as I always muck up the provided pair'

Remember that there two flavors of brass tubing; hard and soft. Hard doesn't bend worth a darn.

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:00 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesUyeda View Post
"I should know by now to pick up extra brass tubing as I always muck up the provided pair'

Remember that there two flavors of brass tubing; hard and soft. Hard doesn't bend worth a darn.

Les

yeah.. you get once chance with the hard and crimps easy too even with tubing benders.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:44 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
I'm heading on vacation end of week for about 12 days so no posts for awhile.. I have the tank rails in and started the throttle servo so will post pics of all that when i get back. Should start covering soon.

Here's a couple pics from my second build of a "funder and lightning" E project i had going on and off for a couple days. Very popular flier on the E threads. Just need to mount battery and ESC for correct CG. Hitec HS55 servos and pull pull on the elev. Don't think I'll ever be a big electric guy but they are fun to throw together and fly around the school yard when time is tight.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
194 Posts
Enjoy the vacation. Will pick the pace up when you are back!
wcessna is offline Find More Posts by wcessna
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:32 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
I couildnt help myself.. i wanted to get some more done!! Building is more fun than packing.

I mounted the throttle servo, ran the pushrod and set it up manually pretty close so throttle setup via the xmittlerwill dial it in. I like to have the arm provide the most movement in the bottom half of the throttle curve so you can get more precise adjustment and have bettter control over rpm at the low end.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:36 AM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
194 Posts
With the transmitter you have you can change the throttle curve using expo. I can show you how after your vacation.. Sigh. Sure there is no room in your suitcase?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:29 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcessna View Post
With the transmitter you have you can change the throttle curve using expo. I can show you how after your vacation.. Sigh. Sure there is no room in your suitcase?
If there was room in the suitcase... it would surely be for someone named named Monica from Germany.... or Inga from Sweeden...... Certainly not Bill from Tampa !!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:00 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
194 Posts
Aarggg I am so wounded. Grasshopper is crushed. Ok, I understand....
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Vacation was great and had a nice day flying the electrics today. The funder above flew well.. just a little sensitive so some setup is still needed. My only glow is a trainer type and well that's like kissing your sister so I want to get this baby done.

Finished the landing gear which needed hardwood addded and final sanded the lower wing. Going to start covereing there as it's the simplest part being constance cord, no alierons, etc. I have the red ultra and silver solartex so I'll be getting started this evening if all goes well...
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:28 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
Coming out ok.. I thought I had Solartex which I used before but it's 21st centtury which is in my a bit lesser look and a bit more difficult to applyh... but I'm ok with the results so far..... Bottom center wing is silver and will try the colored red tip later on today. My only green is Mono and I'm not going near that. I need to get some green ultrcote.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:08 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
The bottom wing is coming along.. center silver with red tip on bottom. After working the 21st century prodcut.. it's easier now as I have the hang of it. I thought about the green monokote and it being heavier than ultra I held off and will pick up some green ultracote. With the bottom of both wings getting color I didn't want to have a heavy right side of the aircraft with the color being at the ends of the wing. I plan to pick that up tomorrow.. and will then do the rudder as it disconnects from the fuselage and will be easy to cover being one piece as well.
Last edited by Thermalin; Jul 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
I didnt want to paint the rudder so I needed to add verticals for the covering to adhere to since there are 3 vertical bars. I'll sand it all up tonight. Forgot the LHS was closed so will pick up green tomorrow and start covering then. Need the green to start as it's in the rear of the rudder with white in the middle and red up front. Starting at the rear allows the seam from the wite to face rearward,, followed by red up front.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,481 Posts
"Attempted" to cover the rudder tonight and it came out like crap! I shouldn't have ventrued out to the garage as I got a late start but that's my fault. Going to pull most of it off and add a block behind the main vertical spar aft of the horn to give more landing area for the green and give it another go tomorrow. I didi learn a few things tonight I won't do going forward so there's always a silver lining.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:53 AM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
194 Posts
I am sure when you get done it will look great.. Your builds always do! Another night...