HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
Cool
My Best FPV Compilation So Far

FPV Flight Compilation 2 - EPP FPV - High - Low - Altitude - Dragon Link (3 min 57 sec)

Just a compilation from a few days of flying FPV.

I did have permission from ATC to fly where I did. inb4 crap storm ensues =)

HobbyKing EPP FPV Plane

ESC: Turnigy Trust 70A
Motor: Turnigy 1100kv
Prop: 10x6
Battery Turnigy 5000mah 3S
Control: Dragon Link
Video TX: 900mhz 500mw
Video RX: 8DBi Patch
OSD: Black Stork II - Dumping that for something with RTH soon
FPV Cam: Sony CCD 550 Line
HD Cam: GoPro Hero 2
nblracer880 is offline Find More Posts by nblracer880
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:43 PM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Man, nice edit job!. I suck @ editing...
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Last edited by Kev.au; Jan 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: der.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
Man, nice edit job!. I such @ is editing...
Thanks!

It took for ever to edit.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:26 PM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
655 Posts
Nice video, except for the epilepsy part. How did you manage to get ATC permission and what airport is it? Were you communicating during the flight or did they just watch you on radar?
TexasAggie is online now Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
Nice video, except for the epilepsy part. How did you manage to get ATC permission and what airport is it? Were you communicating during the flight or did they just watch you on radar?

Thanks =)

I just called the tower and they said it was fine. I had to call when I started flying and when I was done. The controller said I was fine where I was flying and it was dead on that day. (as you probably saw) They have even allowed me to fly on airport property.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
655 Posts
That is amazing. It sure pays to make friends with the controllers. How did the conversation go? "I want to fly an RC plane with a bunch of video equipment in your airspace. Cool?" "Sure."
TexasAggie is online now Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:18 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Nice work man! loved it! nice work with the editing aswell, the frame shakes with the bass drops were pretty cool
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:00 AM
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
Thanks for all the positive feed back guys!!

As for the convo with ATC, my initial contact with them about flying near the airport was last summer and they were flabber ghasted that I was able to remotley pilot my plane lol.. but had no problem allowing me to actually fly on airport property around 1000 feet from 2 active runways with GA traffic as well as military heli training operations.

Since it was busy that day they only requested that I don't fly on the glide slopes and that I didn't cross the perimeter fence.

They also offered me a chance to do some circuits from one of the runways on a day when they are not busy. I will probably take them up on that offer some time soon! That will make for a cool video =)

I am going to be doing a lot of flying this winter. There is a large train trussel about 4000 feet from the bridge you saw me fly over in the video. I plan on flying under that as soon as I can!!! I think I am going to base from closer to the train trussel just to be sure I dont loose video due to the low altitude that will be required to fly under it.