seerspaz is offline Find More Posts by seerspaz
Last edited by seerspaz; Jan 06, 2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: done
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:12 PM
Soar Tow 2
West Jordan Utah
Joined Jul 2006
365 Posts
does this mean that your not flying with us any more?

Mike
mwgib123 is offline Find More Posts by mwgib123
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
Fly Smooooooooth
Mountains of Utah
Joined Mar 2004
772 Posts
Hey there Mike. No, you guys will still be stuck with flying with me again in the future. I hope to this year but I can't justify a $1600+ plane sitting around collecting dust and it will take a quite a few flights before I would feel comfortable flying it again so this is the decision I have come to. I need to fly cheaper planes more often!

Between the lack of survey work and 2-3 other jobs to make up the difference there hasn't been time to get down to the Point and fly, or even fly much around my house. I hope this will change this year, one way or the other.

I have been following the the ALEs thread and posts on yahoo with interest as you don't need a large field for a winch or high-start and that is appealing.

Chris
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:22 PM
Fly Smooooooooth
Mountains of Utah
Joined Mar 2004
772 Posts
Last edited by seerspaz; Jun 24, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:27 AM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,625 Posts
Chris,

Which kit is this? Maybe I overlooked it in your first post.

Hope this year brings the business. We are expecting a very busy year in trucking which is usually the tell for what the economy is doing.

Look forward to seeing soon!

Tell me what kit this is and I will spread the word about it.

Spencer
deputybuzz is offline Find More Posts by deputybuzz
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:05 AM
Fly Smooooooooth
Mountains of Utah
Joined Mar 2004
772 Posts
Hey there Spencer, how's the blimp thing going?

I updated the post to include the name and a link to it new on Soaring USA's site.

Chris
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:20 AM
Fly Smooooooooth
Mountains of Utah
Joined Mar 2004
772 Posts
~~~
Last edited by seerspaz; Jan 25, 2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: ~
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:34 AM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seerspaz View Post
Hey there Spencer, how's the blimp thing going?

I updated the post to include the name and a link to it new on Soaring USA's site.

Chris
The Blimp thing has slowed but we are still working on improvements and opportunities. The FAA pretty much destroys an chance of business in the US. We got our first COA from the FAA for the Ogden Police and then the Police chief got fired over some BS law. With the new mayor in office and as well as a Weber State moving on to new projects we kind of got left hanging.

The past week we have had a team in Bogota Columbia training the local TV station on how to use the airship. They will be filming soccer stadium games and using it for various aerial shots around the city. Hopefully everything goes as planned and nothing turns into an international incident
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:44 AM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seerspaz View Post
I also have a partially assembled glass Banana 60" sloper that I was building for light air use. It has 125Mg in the wings(epoxied and painters taped) and some mirco JR in the fuse. I have a small battery for it as well but the build isn't completed yet. The control horns are carbon and the linkages are tight. In full disclosure there are a few bits of hanger rash on the wing, but certainly nothing structural. I couldn't get them to come out in the photos. Some was there when I got it from Northeast Sailplanes a few years ago and some from being in the garage. I would like to get $250 for it with the gear and again, local (Utah) sale preferred.
This is an awesome plane. I am very tempted to buy this one from you. If nobody else speaks up I may have to have it. If someone else takes it I would be happy to help with programming and setup.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:59 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,625 Posts
Chris,

You should post on the point of the mountain thread to get the word out to more local slopers.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:35 PM
small circles w 2 fingers
SANDY UT
Joined Apr 2007
211 Posts
glass 60"

glass 60" SOLD
1313 is offline Find More Posts by 1313
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:48 PM
Fly Smooooooooth
Mountains of Utah
Joined Mar 2004
772 Posts
Spencer, that is great about the international stuff and a real bummer on the FAA. I know another few people that were trying to do aerial photo stuff with planes and got into trouble. Bummer.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,625 Posts
bobby...Since I saw it first I will allow you to buy as long as I get some stick time!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:20 PM
small circles w 2 fingers
SANDY UT
Joined Apr 2007
211 Posts
Silly young man ask chris about my private message long before your first glimpse. But as with all my ships I will always pass the radio to you
1313 is offline Find More Posts by 1313
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:32 PM
Draper, Ut
Joined Aug 2005
426 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Bobby, I would be all over this if my damn house wasn't sucking me dry. Seems like something new goes wrong every weekend. Last weekend was stucko and resulting water leaks.

Good to hear your alive and kicking Chris! Looking forward to seeing you at the slope. Best of luck in the coming year!
Daxanator is offline Find More Posts by Daxanator