HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
Marshall Islands, Enewetak Atoll
Joined Sep 2011
1,048 Posts
Discussion
Eagletree "OSD not connected" error

My EagleTree Pro came in and I have some problems with it,
The E-Logger works fine and is blinking as it should (3 blinks, then repeat) and is recognized by the computer and the E-Logger software and will accept the firmware updates but the software will not recognize the new Eagletree Pro that you just sent me.

I keep getting the message: “OSD not connected”. (see below)

I get the same message when I attempt using my laptop or my desktop computer. By the way the Eagletree Pro is connected properly to the E-logger with no other sensors plugged in.

Any ideas on what this might be?
ecworks is offline Find More Posts by ecworks
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi, first, I am assuming you have an OSD Pro. Is there any chance that the OSD Pro's 4 pin cable is not correctly connected the eLogger? Note that the polarity and port have to be correct. The top port is for the GPS, and the bottom port is for the OSD, and the red wire should be at the edge of the eLogger.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:11 AM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Same problem

I have exactly the same problem. I have also a GPS connected to the E-logger and the led does not blink or light. I have checked several times connexion, but all seems OK.
Do you have any idea ?? What is the risk of polarity inversion ?? is there any polarity protection ?
frere75 is offline Find More Posts by frere75
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
frere75, if the eLogger does not blink when the OSD is connected, but does blink when the OSD is disconnected, something has been damaged either with the OSD or the eLogger. This is normally caused by a broken OSD cable or high voltage reaching the OSD's digital ports, but could be due to something else. If the cable looks good, if you could open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com we can get the two pieces in house to troubleshoot.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor