HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:36 PM
How can we stop winter?
Frederick, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,337 Posts
I went overboard and now have 28- 450's for my two Twisted EPP's. Majority Gen Ace, and about 8- Nanos.

I don't want to spend much time charging...
flyinhigh025 is online now Find More Posts by flyinhigh025
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:54 PM
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined May 2010
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinhigh025 View Post
I went overboard and now have 28- 450's for my two Twisted EPP's. Majority Gen Ace, and about 8- Nanos.

I just got 6 more 450mha Gen Ace packs today. Two of them; cell #1 had less than 2v. Have you had any problems with them?
3D*Flyer is offline Find More Posts by 3D*Flyer
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined May 2010
769 Posts
Quote:
Keep on rollin baby!

Can't get this week over soon enough. Hope to get some good indoor practice this weekend!
I have been practicing flying in as small of any area as possible all week, in front of the house. My hovers are way more locked in now! I'm ready!!!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,270 Posts
You know I thougbt that happened to my last batch it turned out a balance lead came loose from my parallel charging cable. So mine ended up being ok but its not unheard of to get a bad battery since they are only 3 dollars
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,825 Posts
as promised... at some point my friends will probably intervene... They all see pretty regular action!
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:02 PM
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined May 2010
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
You know I thougbt that happened to my last batch it turned out a balance lead came loose from my parallel charging cable. So mine ended up being ok but its not unheard of to get a bad battery since they are only 3 dollars
I was not so lucky, my charger and battery tester both show 2v, crap!

I have 10 Nanotechs on order. Says they are in stock and paid for. But has been in sent to warehouse status for almost 2 weeks now... HK and
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:11 PM
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined May 2010
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
as promised... at some point my friends will probably intervene... They all see pretty regular action!
cdee, I got your email, sending a reply now!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:15 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D*Flyer View Post
I was not so lucky, my charger and battery tester both show 2v, crap!

I have 10 Nanotechs on order. Says they are in stock and paid for. But has been in sent to warehouse status for almost 2 weeks now... HK and
I ordered some 1600s from HK for my Buster earlier this year, the key is to use PayPal and not a CC... and then it may still take some time if they are not shipping from a US warehouse.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:23 PM
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined May 2010
769 Posts
Quote:
I ordered some 1600s from HK for my Buster earlier this year, the key is to use PayPal and not a CC... and then it may still take some time if they are not shipping from a US warehouse.
I used Paypal, they are backed up from the Chinese new year is what I was told...

I hate to say this, but this is order number 47 from HK! Crap I think I have a problem! Is their a 1800 number I can call? I'm addicted to RC! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NO!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:29 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,825 Posts
I made the mistake of doing CC on my first order (of two... lol) and, it took forever, the second order (w/paypal) went much smoother...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:32 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Very nice! Love that 3D Beast too!!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:34 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
how many do you guys have of the 450's?
I have 12 Gens Ace 2S 450's.

Charge them at 5C.

Keeps me in the air easily.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
Dan, is that the blue motor on TH that's rated at 1500kv?
No we have a couple of those in an Edge and an Sbach but the one's I'm talking about are X Series one's that Parkaero does http://www.parkaero.com/twistedrcf-3...0kv-1294-p.asp

Quote:
That reminds me, I promised you some pics and completely forgot, sorry. I'll try and get onto it this weekend.

Quote:

28 packs that must take some keeping track off. I only have 8 Gens Ace 450 2s and hardly ever run out. I did manage to fly one pack twice though if I remember right I put about 490mah back into it, seems it's still ok though.

Quote:
I just got 6 more 450mha Gen Ace packs today. Two of them; cell #1 had less than 2v. Have you had any problems with them?
I think I'd be sorting out getting those sent back.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
This happened to me once and I had to get on their live chat. They had it fixed in about 3 minutes and they shipped out that day. It just got lost in the transfer to the warehouse.
Whomprat is offline Find More Posts by Whomprat
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:26 AM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,036 Posts
I maidened mine last night at our indoor meet, this is one sweet aeroplane
Well done Twisted Hobbys!
I'm using the 1800 Kv motor from ParkAero and 8 x 4.3 prop. The Yak seems to have better rudder and elevator authority than the Edge, hardly any rudder input for KE, definitely preferring this over the Edge

Mike
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart