HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:40 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,709 Posts
I lost the crack yak page, it was on page 2 of rcg!

Heres some crack yakkin with the HK motor on 3s.

Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak on a beautiful evening (6 min 10 sec)

I need yet another rudder servo, this thing goes though them faster than any plane ive seen.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:48 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Nice one Jimbo at least if your nailing your rudder servo's it means your using the thing unlike a lot of flyers.

How many threads are you subscribed to? I've got 62 on the list now think I'm going to have to thin them out a little.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:10 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Nice one Jimbo at least if your nailing your rudder servo's it means your using the thing unlike a lot of flyers.

How many threads are you subscribed to? I've got 62 on the list now think I'm going to have to thin them out a little.
But my ailerons/elevator never wears out. I use those too.

Threads, waaay to many. TBH i dont use the subscribed threads, perhaps i should.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:31 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
But my ailerons/elevator never wears out. I use those too.
LOL you've got a point there

Quote:
Threads, waaay to many. TBH i dont use the subscribed threads, perhaps i should.
Yeh man the subscribe feature is great, just go to "My RCGroups" and it only lists ones with new posts in, click on the little blue square and go straight to the first unread post. Simples
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:55 PM
ward cleaver's boy...
waco,texas
Joined May 2008
665 Posts
I need yet another rudder servo, this thing goes though them faster than any plane ive seen........

Have you tried the Hitec 5055mg's ? I think it is only 6.5g and digital, if that matters. My flying buddy just replaced his rudder servo with one and he is a very happy camper. They are a bit more expensive than the stock servos, $17ish dollars but if you keep replacing the ones you're using you might end up spending that much anyway.
the beave is offline Find More Posts by the beave
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:46 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,493 Posts
I must not be abusing my plane enough still using the original ones from the first Yak. Or I'm really lucky!
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:38 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,709 Posts
No ive not tried 5055s.
Ive tried the HK cheapies and the emax es08s. Both have stripped gears.
Perhaps my rudder is binding. It seems to keep coming loose on the connection on the rudder horn. Ive added some uhupor on the joint this time, perhaps it will fix it, before i change the servo out. If you look at the vid at the top of the page, at the last minute you can see the rudder not centring correctly and the plane flapping all over the place
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:13 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,493 Posts
Quote:
If you look at the vid at the top of the page, at the last minute you can see the rudder not centring correctly and the plane flapping all over the place
I thought you were having a Kam flying moment.

Think the big thing on the tail servos is making sure there isn't any binding and not to hit the tail to hard. The first is easier to remedy than the later at times though. I stripped the servo on my slick when the battery faded while in a hover a little to high. Came down on the rudder as I was inputting opposite rudder.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:10 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,709 Posts
Weather depressing here. Windy, 25-30mph NW, in the direction of our old slope. Thats sad. There was nothing for it, so i fired up Phoenix and had a go. I did pretty well, if i say so, my prop hangs with the shirkan are looking real tidy now, even managed a few belly hangs (not for long) and some high alpha knife edge circuits. Rolling circuits ok, but rolling harriers still teribble. One thing i couldnt get was the rudder direction reversal in the belly prop hang, the elevator seemed ok but not the rudder. Looks like i may have some more spare time more NW 25mph winds for the rest of the week into the weekend
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:20 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Weather depressing here. Windy, 25-30mph
Looks like its heading our way,the calm before the storm today though, better burn some packs.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joined Oct 2012
473 Posts
Quote:
One thing i couldnt get was the rudder direction reversal in the belly prop hang, the elevator seemed ok but not the rudder.
Always think rudder towards the high wing... helped me.
PlaneButcher is offline Find More Posts by PlaneButcher
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:07 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneButcher View Post
Always think rudder towards the high wing... helped me.
Isnt that what you do in the canopy prop hang too?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:53 PM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,139 Posts
Quote:
One thing i couldnt get was the rudder direction reversal in the belly prop hang, the elevator seemed ok but not the rudder.
Practice flying harriers towards yourself. That's what helped me with belly prop hangs.
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:48 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,222 Posts
Low wing gets the rudder belly in. Or you're using your thumb to lift the low wing. I like the harrier idea too.
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:38 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
324 Posts
Just finished another 6 flights on the CY to make it a total of 12 now. And the flying only gets better! There's not much that this little plane can't do. Twisted Hobbies has done an amazing job with their aircraft and I'm disappointed that I'm just now exploring them.

One question I do have:
My rudder pushrod is fine on PULL, but when I PUSH I'm getting a lot of flex at the tail end of the plane. There is no effect on the wooden guides, but I just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this and make sure its not a concern.

Thanks!
pilot_keeter is online now Find More Posts by pilot_keeter