HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:20 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
I guess I misplaced my aluminum prop adapter that goes in the back of my GWS prop and my brand new Hacker A10-13L. Anyone know where I can order that?
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
What the heck, is everyone out flying today?!
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
The Twisted Elf
lugnutz's Avatar
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
yep it was 55 degrees and no wind at all today
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:48 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
I know! Awesome out! I had new house stuff to do.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:39 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,444 Posts
Temps were nice here but the wind was blowing. Had work to do all day as well. Another week and I got a whole week of flying, yahoo! Sorry mad no clue where to get the adapters never did get into running hacker motors.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
I guess I misplaced my aluminum prop adapter that goes in the back of my GWS prop and my brand new Hacker A10-13L. Anyone know where I can order that?
I have a whole bunch of them your welcome to. Shame they are the wrong side of a big pond, I'll post them if you want though.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
I have a whole bunch of them your welcome to. Shame they are the wrong side of a big pond, I'll post them if you want though.
The ones I have don't fit. I guess they're for different props. Let me check with my LBS first. It's crazy, all the ones I have in my other foamies are the wrong size! Like this one is an odd duck or something. Weird.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:35 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcansdale View Post
I was surprised how much of a difference swapping my Sunrise for a ZTW ESC made! It really does give it a noticeable power boost. They also start the motor instantly and consistently (the reason I swapped out the Sunrise).

You don't get the extra power for free though. I had to adjust my timer from 4:30 to 3:40 (running batteries to down to 20%).
My ZTW 12A ESC won't program. Any ideas? I connect the battery with the throttle in full up and never get any beeps. I have to program it I guess because it won't spin the motor. I know the battery is fully charged cause I just charged it and the servos work fine...

Does anyone know what may be wrong? I'm running 3S 450mah batteries. Just trying to do final setup.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:53 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Also, when balancing the plane in order to place the battery in the right spot... Some people say to use pencils other say to use their fingers but they never say where! Where you hold the plane makes all the difference here! So where do you hold it? Help a brother out!
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:27 AM
Boooriiiiing.
MadMonkey572's Avatar
United States, TX, Roanoke
Joined Sep 2006
1,514 Posts
I just placed another order. This time I doublechecked the address and didn't order batteries... hopefully the USPS doesn't (ahem) me this time

Looking forward to flying one of these finally!
MadMonkey572 is online now Find More Posts by MadMonkey572
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:58 AM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
My ZTW 12A ESC won't program. Any ideas? I connect the battery with the throttle in full up and never get any beeps. I have to program it I guess because it won't spin the motor. I know the battery is fully charged cause I just charged it and the servos work fine...

Does anyone know what may be wrong? I'm running 3S 450mah batteries. Just trying to do final setup.
Are you sure you have the travel direction right on your throttle channel? the other the it could be is your end points are set too low or too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
Also, when balancing the plane in order to place the battery in the right spot... Some people say to use pencils other say to use their fingers but they never say where! Where you hold the plane makes all the difference here! So where do you hold it? Help a brother out!
Have a look at the build video for the new CY Mini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Vs046g#t=2612s

The way Herc does it in that is the way I do it. Mark your cog on the wing close to the fuse then just grip the fuse above that mark and with your lipo on the horizontal fuse slide it up and down till it feels right, mark the position then cut your slot. People are going to say to use velcro for mounting your lipo so you can use different sized lipo's, I prefer the slot method if you intend to stick to one size battery. Another method once you have marked the position of you lipo is to temporarily attach it to the fuse with pins, fly it and make sure it flies to your liking before cutting the slot.
I find Herc's 82.5mm from the leading edge of the wing works well for me.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:12 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,444 Posts
What Avie said plus, on the esc make sure your trim on the transmitter is either in the mid or low setting.

Avie wrote it just like what I and the guys I know do with the cg. One step I do is once I am in the ballpark I fly the plane and want it to fly level both upright and inverted. Cut a slot for the batt and I'm good to go.

Avie since you're on the other side of the pond. What's your take on desire power batteries?
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:43 AM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Avie since you're on the other side of the pond. What's your take on desire power batteries?
I've been quite happy with my 380mah 3s. I only got them because it was all I could find that weighed the same as my GensAce 450 2s. They cost a bit more than other brands and are supposed to be 30c but come out more at 22-23c which is fine as that gives them a continuous 8-9amps which works well for the Crack Series stuff. I've had them for a while now and they seem to be holding up well.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:38 AM
Registered User
Alabaster AL
Joined Aug 2006
791 Posts
I am looking for the aluminum ring that adapts an APC-SF to 5.5mm to fit crack motor, is that the same thing you are looking for?

Sure would like to find a source....

RCNXS






Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
I guess I misplaced my aluminum prop adapter that goes in the back of my GWS prop and my brand new Hacker A10-13L. Anyone know where I can order that?
rcnxs is offline Find More Posts by rcnxs
Last edited by rcnxs; Dec 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:16 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
I've been quite happy with my 380mah 3s. I only got them because it was all I could find that weighed the same as my GensAce 450 2s. They cost a bit more than other brands and are supposed to be 30c but come out more at 22-23c which is fine as that gives them a continuous 8-9amps which works well for the Crack Series stuff. I've had them for a while now and they seem to be holding up well.
Thanks for the report Avie. While surffing electricman I saw them and was wondering about their potential. The 300mah look like a nice fit for the mini.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 573 Sep 24, 2014 09:32 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 78 May 28, 2014 06:40 PM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 43" Yak 55 - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 1006 Feb 22, 2014 04:52 PM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak! hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 181 Sep 13, 2013 04:54 AM
Discussion RC Factory USA - Twisted Hobbys - 1.2m SU 29 Build Thread. hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 97 Oct 19, 2011 07:34 AM