HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:31 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Stripped my aileron servo today now.. uggg.. 2 weeks ago my rudder now my aileron. Got about 25 flights on it since the last switch.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:08 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
And the Roll-ing loops.
I am not seeing much written on rolling loops. I have rolling circles down left and right but can't figure out the loop part, any tips?
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,384 Posts
I've been watching wamsy's videos in the 3d flying forum. You're right about nothing written on the subject of rolling loops. Getting my time on the sim as much as I can. As you know today especially, freaking wind sucks. Two days off and nothing but wind...grrrr!
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:55 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,678 Posts
Its finally stopped raining, unfortunately too windy for some crack yakkin - so i forced myself to go to the slope and fly the swiss fish instead

A Break in the Rain (4 min 51 sec)
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I am not seeing much written on rolling loops. I have rolling circles down left and right but can't figure out the loop part, any tips?
For me and I am sure others have their own ideas... Once I was able to do my rolling circles left and right and then my rolling harriers with control I then started applying throttle which starts my upline while rolling. I continue the same inputs for rolling harrier on the upline. Once I get to the top and I am coming over I reduce throttle since gravity will speed things up for you..

Once again I am sure others have their own ways.. That is what makes sense to me in my head. I am still working out the over the top portion but going up and getting 1/2 way I am there.

BTW: For that I am back to the Sim and my crack yak for practice.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
For me and I am sure others have their own ideas... Once I was able to do my rolling circles left and right and then my rolling harriers with control I then started applying throttle which starts my upline while rolling. I continue the same inputs for rolling harrier on the upline. Once I get to the top and I am coming over I reduce throttle since gravity will speed things up for you..

Once again I am sure others have their own ways.. That is what makes sense to me in my head. I am still working out the over the top portion but going up and getting 1/2 way I am there.

BTW: For that I am back to the Sim and my crack yak for practice.
Thanks I will try the throttle next time out.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:17 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
Agree, they do take a while. But that is right, throttle plus elevator management. I tend to gun the elevator nearer the top of the loop, and 'will' the plane over and around. Eventually it began to work. I can do it on the sim, then slowly tranferring it to the real world. It improved after I got a new sim and went hard at them.
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:08 AM
the bird that can't fly..
אוסטרליה
Joined Sep 2004
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Looks like a beast of a motor on there. What does it weigh?

Roll on the video
Weight: 28.0g

http://www.dualsky.com/pro_list_for....nid=128&id=613
3dBuster is offline Find More Posts by 3dBuster
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:13 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Its like doing a rolling circle, but on its edge, is the best tip. With a few extra difficulties as i found a rolling circle won't translate to a loop, as it's vertical and you have 9.81ms2 of gravity to contend with.
The throttle management is lot more critical as you go over the top and down the other side. After a bit of practise I found this not too bad.
What I found tricky was the elevator control. If you time the roll exactly, so going over the top the plane is on the loop axis, you can add 'extra' elevator to kick it over the top. Then back to normal as gravity takes control a bit more. Do them slow they are lot easier.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Last edited by jimbo320; Nov 24, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Got some indoor flying in yesterday. I cant beleive I have a year on the same aiirframe and she still flys like a dream.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
Got some indoor flying in yesterday. I cant beleive I have a year on the same aiirframe and she still flys like a dream.
Just flew indoor for the first time 2 weeks ago. Certainly had fun....Hopefully I have mine just has long...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:48 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,384 Posts
Unless you fly like me I'm sure it'll last you awhile. I'm actually nice to Yak #2 haven't killed it completely.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
Just flew indoor for the first time 2 weeks ago. Certainly had fun....Hopefully I have mine just has long...
Dude its the same one you flew last year! Remeber the airbrushed one?
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
Dude its the same one you flew last year! Remeber the airbrushed one?
The prototype ? If so wow....
RCG Plus Member