Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:03 PM
United States, IA, Council Bluffs
Joined Dec 2011
51 Posts
Random question here guys, but when we ordered our Crack yaks we didn't realize the gear was seperate. I found one from a fellow RCG member but my Dad was looking for one for his. Does anyone have one from a worn how TH plane or what they wouldn't mind getting rid of? If so shoot me a PM with a price. Thanks much.

PS should get mine in the air tonight if the winds would ever calm down!!
cardenflyer is offline Find More Posts by cardenflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
Want to Fly, Have to Work
Orlando, FL
Joined Feb 2003
990 Posts
Hey Gang,

I'm preparing to order a Crack Yak and noticed there are several motor options for the Crack series. I have an Edge 540 currently running the 24 gram motor, and am thinking of going with the 26 gram motor for the Yak to give me a little more punch. Any suggestions? I want to keep it lite but wouldn't mind a little extra power.
BeerBatter is offline Find More Posts by BeerBatter
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,056 Posts
Tried the 26g higher KV motor today. Not dissapointed. Had to move my batt back a bit, other than that, it is fast to say the least !!! Pulled off a few new tricks simply due to that little bit more speed. Very nice
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multiplex Stuntmaster Maiden
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBatter View Post
Hey Gang,

I'm preparing to order a Crack Yak and noticed there are several motor options for the Crack series. I have an Edge 540 currently running the 24 gram motor, and am thinking of going with the 26 gram motor for the Yak to give me a little more punch. Any suggestions? I want to keep it lite but wouldn't mind a little extra power.
I went with the recommended from TH the combo and its a definite winner.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:39 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,056 Posts
The 24 gram has amazing power. I used the 26 as my 24gm is no longer with us. I am hard pushed to choose what to replace it with, but as my battery velco is already laid down, and my plane is a little nose heavy with the 26 gm, I will probably order another 24gm.. however, i will fly it more. It is very nice in the vertical. I wish I'd got a vid
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:55 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,183 Posts
After a nose repair I had the same issue, I put a very small wood screw in the tail to equal the balance. I'm a repeat TH customer been flying the big Telinks over a year, really looking foreward to flying, but first I have to build. Thanks for the heads up on the build.
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,056 Posts
Yes. good idea. A few more thoughts on the 26 g v 24 g on the Yak. I have only had 5 flights with that motor, and was always concious of my CG being slightly off during all the flights, so I haven't really had enough 'balanced' flights to really report on it, but I would probably add that everything is a little faster, and this includes rollers and low stuff, making it important to get CG spot on, as speed can equal a nose in if you are off in anyway.

I recall rolls to be very fast indeed, and probably a little harder to slow down, like i could on the 24g motor - to be expected I guess with the higher KV. That may be the trade off for the extra speed and performance. Other that that, the wonderful speed in KE, vertical or just flat out inverted into a snap or spin puts a grin on your face, and on any bystanders!!

I purchased the 26 g for the pitts, which has more epp on board, so I know it may be useful there, as the bipes probably tend to roll a little slower turning both wings (or not! I'll soon see).

I'll have a few more flights before deciding on the 24 or 26 for my Yaks (and keep the 26 for the pitts) - I may score some video shortly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:03 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Feb 2003
990 Posts
Thanks for the responses on the 26g vs 24g. Yeah its a mixed decision is what I figured as well. The kV's are the same at 1450kV, so the speed should be the same as a function of voltage. The difference though I think will be the extra power, or 30 watts more on the 26g. This I believe should give better vertical pull from a hover, which is something I like. However, since everything is a tradeoff, less run time on a given battery is the trade. Let me know what you guys think.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,056 Posts
Oh, you are right re the KV, it is all down to power then. I must have been thining of the 19g motor. Well, I'll report back after a few more flights. I did like the power. It keeps it exciting to say the least!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:15 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,673 Posts
24g vs. 26g
I have flown both the 24g and 26g motors in my Pitts. On 3s there is already plenty of vertical with the 24g, more of course with the 26g but not completely necessary. I suppose, given the choice I would use the 26g motor, but if only the 24g motor were available, I would not hesitate to pick it up.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:53 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,056 Posts
Well, tried out the 26 gram again today with some weight in the rudder. It is a pleaser in the speed department, but rollers are insanely fast I have to say... but I like that. I will control them via rates, and just knock it back a bit I think, run on middle rates, and have high rates for when I really want a crazy rolling machine. My yak is increasing in nose weight due to repairs over the months, but it flies as good as ever. I would say that if speed and super fast snaps, rolls and spins are your thing, the 26gm will not disappoint.

Has anyone ever tried the 26gm on 2s? Would be interesting

Oh, I also flew with a green prop for the first time ever today, after flying with grey and black props for the entire time I've been flying! I have to say, it looked kinda cool!! I could actually see the prop for the first time! Also, I lost my grey props one to many times.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by uptime4downtime; Nov 01, 2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:33 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Feb 2003
990 Posts
That's exactly what I wanted to know next. On my Edge 540, I usually run the 24g with a 2s and 9X4.7 prop. I like the slow torque feel of that, but the vertical acceleration is lacking a bit. Then with a 3S and 8X4.3 prop, the vertical is insane, but I lose the slow controlled feel of it. The plane definately behaves different in terms of response when flying slow (Harriers for example) between the two props. So, I'm thinking the 26g on 2s will let me turn the 9X4.7 while providing additional power for vertical.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
Well, tried out the 26 gram again today with some weight in the rudder. It is a pleaser in the speed department, but rollers are insanely fast I have to say... but I like that. I will control them via rates, and just knock it back a bit I think, run on middle rates, and have high rates for when I really want a crazy rolling machine. My yak is increasing in nose weight due to repairs over the months, but it flies as good as ever. I would say that if speed and super fast snaps, rolls and spins are your thing, the 26gm will not disappoint.

Has anyone ever tried the 26gm on 2s? Would be interesting

Oh, I also flew with a green prop for the first time ever today, after flying with grey and black props for the entire time I've been flying! I have to say, it looked kinda cool!! I could actually see the prop for the first time! Also, I lost my grey props one to many times.

I've been running my CY with the 26 gm motor with the recommended 8x4.3 prop and the combo is a winner in my opinion but I also started using the 450 mah 3S from TH. Great authoritive power.

Been pretty windy here last two nights not good flying weather but I did maiden my SBach tonight:
wayfaringdreamer is online now Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
My MG90s came in today so I will be replacing the rudder servo with that.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:20 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,325 Posts
To many options not enough money! Might give the 26 gram a try later on.

Hope those MG90s work out for ya livinma1.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot