HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Yeah the acetone will work but watch the servo cases. It won't melt it completely but it soften the cases as well.
Okay.. Gotta go find my syringes. Since moving my stuff is all over the place.

Thanks.. No biggie they are cheap servos so will probably toss them anyway.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:17 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
2,999 Posts
My crack series motor seems to have died. Not sure why as of yet. It was the original Crack Series motor, with the short screws

Anyway, I popped on the newer Crack motor, with the longer screws etc, and it was definately weaker. My original motor was viscious little thing, and it really made the crack move! I loved it.

It appears that my newer motor is not pulling the same. It even sounds less powerful. I know, as I've had many flights on the original motor.

Has anyone else expereience this? I have a 26gm motor, but that is for the pitts, with the higher KV rating. The motor I'm using is the lower KV motor, 24g, 1450kv model.
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Learning Turnarounds
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:40 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
What prop are you using? With that kv you probably need to use a 9x4.7.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:53 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
2,999 Posts
Hi. I'm on 3s. So I propped down to 8x3.8. It is flying in between the 2s and 3s feel I had on my old motor. It's still good, but perhaps just differences between motors. I want to resurrect my old motor. It was a real blast.

EDIT: Brad got in contact and mentioned that it is important to get the lenght of the two screws exact for balance issues. I'll try this out.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by uptime4downtime; Oct 24, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:11 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Aug 2012
204 Posts
I just finished a new Crack Yak it has the new motor with the long screws for prop. Everything is stock from twisted hobbies. With the 12 amp speed control the servos are working very fast! 8 X 4.3 yellow prop on 3 cells. Here's a video on the power.
I got a new Crack Yak Lite that I can't wait to fly! I am waiting on 2 cell batteries to fly it. Should be soon.
Benton

Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak Fun! (2 min 48 sec)
Benton3dflying is online now Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:49 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Great flying Benton!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:04 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,240 Posts
Very impressive
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:29 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,553 Posts
Nice flying Benton! Very smooth and precise.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:45 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,527 Posts
Just ordered a couple of the 12A ESCs to get 6v to the servos. So I expect my planes to fly like Benton's now

OK, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never fly as well as an 11 yr old. Really nice flying Benton.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:52 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,136 Posts
Benton, Just how long did it take you to become a 3D Master ?
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Benton -- Great flying buddy.. I am really jealous of your yard man.. When I buy a house early next year I will have to make sure I have foamy room. Waiting for my syringes to come in so I can worked that stripped rudder servo out with some acetone.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:54 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Aug 2012
204 Posts
Thanks Guys! I have been flying for 2 years regularly. Even though I soloed at a young age. The Crack Yak should be praised for its flying abilities.
Benton
Benton3dflying is online now Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benton3dflying View Post
Thanks Guys! I have been flying for 2 years regularly. Even though I soloed at a young age. The Crack Yak should be praised for its flying abilities.
Benton
Well Kiddo I have been flying since 2003 and no where as good as you are LOL. Granted I only started 3d about 2 years ago myself.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:41 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
2,999 Posts
Well, my motors all hate me at the moment. Probably ruined my brand new crack motor.. Had glued down the wires nicely with a big blob of hotglue... on an impact, must have popped off, and low and behold, the wires got sucked into the motor bell, and that's the end of that.... moral of the story, I'll be using zip ties through the fuse on longer wire runs!! Not a happy end to a nice motor

EDIT: actually, upon close inspection, seems the black phase wire actually pulled out, longer, exposing the copper, leaving the other two wires looking short. Shame, yak is too much fun to have on the shelf for too long :-)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by uptime4downtime; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, IL, Forest Park
Joined Jul 2011
109 Posts
Hello everyone, I am thinking about possibly getting a new 3d foamy to replace my old one. It seems like twisted hobbys has a great line of products and I have heard only good things about the crack yak. I am by no means an expert at 3d but I can easily hover and harrier both on my foamy and balsa plane. I really wanting to improve rolling harriers and inverted harriers. Is the crack yak too advanced of an airframe to learn these maneuvers? Also, I love my current foamy but it has some trouble flying very precise (I think it may be the servos poor centering ability). Does the crack yak track well (at least for a foamy)? Thanks all!
thebuckeye is offline Find More Posts by thebuckeye
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mountain Models Lucky Ace