HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:43 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Good job Benton
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:48 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Nice one on the maiden Kris. Strange you don't feel enough power on the x series 1800kv! You had that motor on your Edge didn't you? To be honest although that motor and esc seems to handle 3S I don't like it. It has bags of power but it isn't a nice power if there is such a thing LOL.
Yes i did have 1800kv on my Edge and i thought the same with the Edge i am just a power freak
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:00 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
busted my first servo today - hxt 900 on aileron. Very easy removal/replacement. I'd used hotglue, so soaked for a couple of minutes in alchohol using airbuds then picked off the glue cleanly. Popped in the new servo, all done. Very good. I've cracked her up in a few places, but glued her up just fine. Still flys great!
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:11 AM
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
Will be ordering my Crack Yak early next week when da check comes in. I have an extra HXT 900 servo (I use them on my 40" DW Foamy and my 450 heli) and they are definately great servos. I also have 2 HXT 500's for the tail. I also have an extra spectrum AR 6200 reciever and a 18 amp Turniqy basic ESC. Was planning to order the Yak with thier recommended motor only. Will the 18 amp esc work ok and will the extra few grams of extra weight for the 6 channel reciever and esc work out ok? Was also going to order extra props and savers.
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:33 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
I use an frsky futaba 6ch rx but run the hobbyking blue series esc 12a. Not sure how much more the 18a weighs but use it then upgrade it later if u find a very light one. I too ordered just the frame and motor. The 12 blue escs have been rock solid for me
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:49 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benton3dflying View Post
Still loving that Crack Yak Chris! Here is a new video of me flying.
Benton
Very nice
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:58 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Might have to get some of these to try

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ade_130X_.html
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:41 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Yeh wouldn't mind a 130X to go with em either. A mate has one and its a great little machine. You would have to fit a different connector to your esc though, it powers through the balance tab.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:01 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
I've read that Nano's suck...
Got one myself to try out, I will see how they do and report back!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
I've got 6 nano's but I haven't had them that long. I can tell you they run balls to the wall until they hit that cut off voltage and they are done. In my experience that's what a good battery should do.
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
Nanos are all I have, apart from a few pricey hyperions. I have found them good. I must have almost 30
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Oct 2006
32 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...4-FBAFA994EB2E
This is the buddy code for the Rhino 2S 610 mAh 20C lipo from hobby king which gets it for $2.52 a piece. Ordered 6 for my crack yak. The claimed weight is 35g.
Regards,
asad is offline Find More Posts by asad
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:53 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I've read that Nano's suck...
Got one myself to try out, I will see how they do and report back!
Dont believe every thing you read Alex the Nanos work great ! looking forward to your thoughts when you try the new 130x Nano
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:56 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asad View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...4-FBAFA994EB2E
This is the buddy code for the Rhino 2S 610 mAh 20C lipo from hobby king which gets it for $2.52 a piece. Ordered 6 for my crack yak. The claimed weight is 35g.
Regards,
Nice thanks but your buddy code just sends you to the HK home page.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Ok this is my first post, I have been reading this whole thing and now have a question that has not been answered definitively I guess. So got the Yak a couple of weeks ago. Awesome service as expected, great plane as expected, a blast to fly, more than expected. Got a couple 3 cells 8x4.3 and a couple 2cells with 9x4.3 . The topic of the props not staying on the saver is killing me, more so with the 3 cell but also with the 2 cells. Any move with high power and a turn, my props go off center of the saver and I have to land, depending on orientation, sometimes not so smoothly. I emailed Brad and of course he responded right away and assured I had the new milled saver on my motor (fyi picture on the site is not the new one, Brad said he is gonna change it). Brad then called me imediately after the email to explain (this guy kicks butt) . He said he is aware that the 9x props have a looser fit and is not sure why, thats just the way they are. So I have been flying a lot, but Im getting frustrated by not being able to fly a whole pack without landing and straightening things out unless I fly at harrier speed and dont do any sharp moves with throttle on. Seems like the saver is a bit to shallow, I know the point is to save the prop, but its gonna kill my motor or plane because of the vibration or the immediate need to land to fix the problem. I know some others are having the same problem and I am wondering if anyone has found a solution. I know somebody is using welders on the prop, but having to do that every 10 flights is crazy. The saver is eating the heck out of the props due to this mess. Any help would be much appreciated, this thread is awesome thanks for all the info put up, made for an informed buy. Like I said, I have been super happy with everything, but this is driving me nuts. Tonight was the last straw when I had to climb 20 feet into a tree to get it after a slipped prop! lol, not a prettty sight. Didnt want my first post to be so long and whiney, but hey, want to enjoy this sweet plane. I even went to the local hardware store this weekend brainstorming in the nuts and bolts section trying to think of a solution. Seems like it shouldnt be necessary though, I wonder why they were milled so shallow?
AaronZav is offline Find More Posts by AaronZav