HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Mar 2008
3 Posts
just ordered the crack yak, the power combo is out of stock. Can somebody direct me in buying the right equipment, preferably all on one site? Getting a little frustrated searching. I do have some HS 55 servos and 1 Corona DS-928BB servo and the reciever.
I would appreciate the help
bigalrc is offline Find More Posts by bigalrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
What's the difference between the HS-50s and HS-55s? More torque? If not... I wouldn't recommend using them, I had 2 HS-50s strip on me in the Crack Yak.

The power combo should be back in stock in a few days (from what I've heard).

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Hopefully
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
foamie storage coming soon to a Twisted Hobbys' website near you..
http://www.twistedhobbys.com/VFS-System-VFS.htm
cdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
I saw that on the Twisted site a day or two ago - congrats!

May have to pick one up if Brad keeps feeding my addiction.

That will hold 32" and the larger 43" & 47" planes won't it?

JC
We should have stock for VFS system by the end of the week. I must admit this is seriously one of the nicest components missing for most foamie addicts like myself. After using one for a few weeks I will never go back to my old school ways of hanging foamies.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Just checked that out. Pretty sweet! Ill have to order one once my hangar is full of my CY, Pitts, and Edge 540's I plan to get the pitts once the price drops
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Hey guys I need help. The little section of foam that the rudder glues onto is very floppy, and when it moves it messes up the elevator function. Is this fixed by the little black EPP strips? I don't want to temporarily lose elevator bc it jams.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Hey guys I need help. The little section of foam that the rudder glues onto is very floppy, and when it moves it messes up the elevator function. Is this fixed by the little black EPP strips? I don't want to temporarily lose elevator bc it jams.
Yes, the black EPP 45* strips keep the tail where it belongs.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:49 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Yeh you've not even got the bottom on yet have you? when that's on plus the black strips it will be fine.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jul 17, 2012, 02:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Ok thanks guys. Yeah I havnt glued the bottom part of the fuse on yet because I don't have the power combo. When its in stock I will get one and finish the plane and maiden it
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:23 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,709 Posts
for those following my case

Now I am REALLY confused. Brad sent me a new ESC straight away. I installed it tonight and I still have the same thing going on. The servos work fine, but the motor will not run. It tries to star. I jiggles back and forth a bit. But it will not run. The new ESC has made no difference at all????
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,584 Posts
Have you checked your radio? The programmjng? What radio are you using?
Could be a bad connection in the motor or a bad motor, do you get anything at all?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Now I am REALLY confused. Brad sent me a new ESC straight away. I installed it tonight and I still have the same thing going on. The servos work fine, but the motor will not run. It tries to star. I jiggles back and forth a bit. But it will not run. The new ESC has made no difference at all????
hmmm......... id take the can off and check for dirt/ gravel etc bc you went flying from a parking lot...... if there is no dirt, check for discolored winding. this means your motor is slightly burn out and you need a new one. other than those two options idk.... look on the bright side, at least now you know its the motor!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:35 PM
atlanta georgia
Joined Feb 2008
28 Posts
flew mine on three cells what a blast.love it . flown it for a month on two cells glad i did ,got use to the plane. but on three its a monster used the smaller prop wonder what would happen with big prop burn up esc probaly quess i need to watt meter it. love flying on the 2 also little more relaxed but get some adralin going three cells is the ticket
super cub 3000 is offline Find More Posts by super cub 3000
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:54 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,709 Posts
The motor appears to be very clean. I have removed it and tried with a different RX as well as with different model select on TX. It must be the motor....

Brad said to send it all in and he will test and handle the issues!

Guess I'll be grounded a few more days. But it is wonderful to have a company stand mehind their products so firmly!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Amen! Twisted is nothing like banana hobby or nitroplanes............. Horizon even....... horizon says oh, we have the best service. Then when your elevator servo locks up trashing 150 dollars they say, oh we can't do anything because its out of warranty. This happened twice to me. Another time was that my pkz spit took a dive because the elevator clevis pin broke. Sales rep just told me to buy new parts........... ok rant over