SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:00 AM
ward cleaver's boy...
waco,texas
Joined May 2008
665 Posts
Off topic.... but, Herc what brand are those sunglasses and how well do they work?
the beave is offline Find More Posts by the beave
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Hello all ive been looking around at set-up for a CY but im wondering if the power combo and servos off twisted hobbys is going to stand up to 15- 30 flights a day for the next 3-5 months. if any one can give me some feed back and experiance of what holds up ty. btw im going to run it hard 3d Thank you for any help
idkstall is offline Find More Posts by idkstall
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:31 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
I've been using the stock combo for almost 1000 flights in about 6 months. It works well.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:24 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
You know you have reached true proficiency in 3D when you can stay on 3D harrier, Hover or T-roll as long as you desire. After that the doors of XA open up and the learning curve starts over..
XA? What's that then ... I thought I'd be showing off ( like the rest of you guys)
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:32 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the beave View Post
Off topic.... but, Herc what brand are those sunglasses and how well do they work?
They are Miami Jim glasses. I like them because they have polaroid lenses that make finding the airplane in the sky very easy. They also have real glass lenses that do not scratch or peel like a lot of modern glasses do do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
XA? What's that then ... I thought I'd be showing off ( like the rest of you guys)
Well, 3D is the name for flying post stall. So things like harrier and hover fall into the 3D realm. It is the most difficult thing to master. However, once you have mastered it you can really begin to become a true master in Xtreme Aerobatics (XA). If you look at the best pilots in the world and their routines/videos you will see that in those routines and videos there is very little actual 3D. For example if you look at any of the recent XFC videos you might find a total of about one minute of 3D and the rest will be precision and extreme aerobatics. XA is the art of dominating all flight envelopes and not just 3D.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:47 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
I like that way of putting it "dominating all flight envelopes"
First time I've come across the term XA too.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:14 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,012 Posts
Well I don't know about the "best pilots in the world", but I do know that Herc Dominates all flight envelopes! Lordy the man shows no mercy!!!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:35 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,693 Posts
I showed my son the crack yak, after it finally stopped raining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3i6mDfeOIE
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:46 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
They are Miami Jim glasses. I like them because they have polaroid lenses that make finding the airplane in the sky very easy. They also have real glass lenses that do not scratch or peel like a lot of modern glasses do do.

Well, 3D is the name for flying post stall. So things like harrier and hover fall into the 3D realm. It is the most difficult thing to master. However, once you have mastered it you can really begin to become a true master in Xtreme Aerobatics (XA). If you look at the best pilots in the world and their routines/videos you will see that in those routines and videos there is very little actual 3D. For example if you look at any of the recent XFC videos you might find a total of about one minute of 3D and the rest will be precision and extreme aerobatics. XA is the art of dominating all flight envelopes and not just 3D.
I have not heard that term before, but I think we should drop 3d and call it extream aerobatics.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:59 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
I showed my son the crack yak, after it finally stopped raining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3i6mDfeOIE
Nice one Jimbo, is your son interested in learning to fly? had to laugh at him ducking for cover at the end

I see your even flying the Slim Yak in the wind now, is the Fat Yak retired for good now then? Get those guts in a Crack Pitts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Nice one Jimbo, is your son interested in learning to fly? had to laugh at him ducking for cover at the end

I see your even flying the Slim Yak in the wind now, is the Fat Yak retired for good now then? Get those guts in a Crack Pitts
Haha, i have a 1/4 scale fox to build, and thats gonna take all the budget for the next six months... Like this ....

Glider aerobatics with 4m Fox on slope (5 min 9 sec)

No, the Fat Yak is still hanging up, i nicked his RX to go in the slim yak. Perhaps i should stick the 3S in the fat yak with the hyperion motor? How would that go do you think?

I like the words XA, like today I went to the park and did some 'extreme aerobatics'. Cool or what..
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
That's a mighty big bird your building there Jimbo, wouldn't like to think what one of those might cost to get in the air. Takes some guts to go throwing one of those off the side of a hill.

Can't remember exactly which Hyperion motor it was you had on your first Crack Yak. Did you fly it with an eight or a nine inch prop on 2S?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
What do u guys think of this set up:
-TH 32" EPP Crack Yak-55 Gold
-3X HS-5055MG Economy Metal Gear Feather
-A10-9L Hacker Brushless 75W 1700k/V outrunner
-Phoenix-10 Brushless Motor Control
-Thunder Power 7.4v 350mAh 25C
-AR400 4-Channel DSMX Aircraft Receiver

thoughts?
idkstall is offline Find More Posts by idkstall
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,583 Posts
The Crack Yak and AR400 sound good, that's what I use. Can't comment on the rest though... what prop are you planning to use?

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CustomFPVSetups.com
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:53 AM
atlanta georgia
Joined Feb 2008
28 Posts
ive been flying on two cells got some three cells coming it should be a beast .i love the crak great for flying in the cuddlesac also take it out to the field fly it to warm my fingers up let other pilots fly the cy and now there talking about having to get one the planes just great fun. by the the way off subject herc where you at the stonemountian fun fly with team extreme about a month ago .that was some awesome flying
super cub 3000 is offline Find More Posts by super cub 3000