i think i already have a 8x4.3 on 2s.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:00 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Then you are underpropped oops, 2S prop is a 9x4.7, not 4.5. 3S is 8x4.3, it says under the power combo on twisted's site.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:13 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Thanks Avie, Do i need a different prop to the tuff prop as well?
I think you have the X Series 1800kv motor on your slim Yak don't you Jimbo? I know a few people did run that on 3S but I wouldn't have thought it's the ideal motor for it, it's on an 8 inch prop on 2S already. I've been running some tests tonight but didn't try the 1800kv on 3S, I'll maybe run one up and give you the results when I get the chance again.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Jun 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araya213 View Post
It works great, my buddy has the same radio, I haven't used mine yet. One thing I'm having trouble with is the throws. The Crack Yak manual says for sport flight (which I'm going to use to start out) to use 20 to 30 degrees of throw. I assume on the 7c that translates to endpoint adjustment, which can only be set in percentage. Am I correct in this? And if so, how do I go about converting the degrees into a percentage? And what is this a percentage of, 360 degrees or 180 or less? I'm sorry if the last couple of questions don't make any sense, I'm totally new to setting up this radio.

**EDIT** After using a formula I found online, I ended up with 41%, does that sound right or am I way off? This number comes as a result of assuming that I'm looking for a percentage of 180 degrees.

**DOUBLE EDIT** Nevermind, just RTFM and discovered that %100 percent equals roughly 40 degrees
Stop before you get anymore confused and mess things up!
Percentage does not have an equivalent angle.
Just set the control rods and horns up as in the manual. The key thing to get right is make sure the hole you are using on the control horn is directly above (perpendicular) the hinge point.
Then make sure your EPAs are at 100% and get a protractor or print off a picture of one. Then increase each EPA until just before the servo binds. Also it is a good idea to set them so the up/down and left/right limits on each surface are equal for predictable handling
TheJackal is offline Find More Posts by TheJackal
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:40 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
2nd flight at the high school... instead of just hovering around in the backyard. So 2nd "real" 3D flight with the Crack Yak! Torque rolls, hovering, knife edges, loops, and I even caught it at the end.

RCFS#38: Crack Yak - Crazy Flight at the High School (2 min 10 sec)

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Nice flight dude! What do your friends think of your flying? Mine would think I'm weird, but the plane is cool lol
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:20 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Nice flight dude! What do your friends think of your flying? Mine would think I'm weird, but the plane is cool lol
Thanks! Not many friends around town... I only had 1 other boy in my class in school this year... so yeah LOL! I've now almost perfected my torque rolls so that I can do them for over 2 seconds and the other flight at the high school is uploading. In that flight I was hovering it sideways in the wind, making it roll and roll and roll without it actually moving forward much! Using the wind to my advantage! Haha!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
lol nice can't wait for the power kits to be in stock, I already ordered my CY, should be here Monday!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
lol nice can't wait for the power kits to be in stock, I already ordered my CY, should be here Monday!
Awesome! Which power combo are you getting? The full one with the servos or just the motor/ESC?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
The full combo. Just so the build goes easier because I have never really built anything with this low of a completion level
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:34 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
The full combo. Just so the build goes easier because I have never really built anything with this low of a completion level
This low of a competition level? What do you mean?

Here's the 2nd flight at the high school with some "wind aerobatics"

RCFS#39: Crack Yak - 3D BATTLE With the Wind! (1 min 36 sec)

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
COMPLETION lol. I haven't build anything other than a balsa ARF that took maybe an hour because it was highly prefabricated. This is not.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
COMPLETION lol. I haven't build anything other than a balsa ARF that took maybe an hour because it was highly prefabricated. This is not.
Heck this comes like a puzzle, all the pieces fit together like a jig-saw foam puzzle. You'll have no problem building this thing. The servos/electronics are really the hardest part of it. But the frame is very simple. The spar goes in pretty easily too.

Oh and don't use a lot of Welder's glue inside... because it smells...

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Lol don't worry by basement workroom has an industrial quality fan from when my grandpa was a tanner. Don't ask. Its an old house my family has had for a long time and we have refurbished it
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:56 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,940 Posts
For you guys that are new to building these.... use Ron_Dog's "Coke" method to build it nice, straight, and easy.

Check the first several pages of this thread to see pictures.

You need at least a six pack of Coke (or whatever you drink), but I recommend a 12 pack for easiest build.

Thank me later.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me