HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
That's the stir

If you can't do rolling circuits, meaning regular rolls continuous you shouldn't try rolling Harriers. In fact rolling and turning is a better thing to perfect than rolling harriers.

On 2s vs 3s I can't imagine why anyone would need 3s with this little guy. It pretty much does everything on 2s. I usually go over kill on ku3d planes with my 48" exps using 5s 13x6.5 power plants but 2s is pretty much the max I will go on this frame.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Wow, my Crack Yak is already giving me issues... after 1 day of use!

First of all (my fault) I was carrying the plane and it was turned on (coming back inside from a flight) and somehow I must've bumped the throttle stick and WHAM the throttle starts up, the propeller slams into my arm and I scream... so make sure that your plane is unplugged before carrying it anywhere...

Second of all I purposely bought good electronics for this plane. BOTH of my $17 HS-50 5g servos are now dead. Once they get to a certain point they'll start clicking, bind up, or get stuck. I don't understand, I paid $32 for those servos and now they don't work after about 7 flights or so!

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Wow, my Crack Yak is already giving me issues... after 1 day of use!

First of all (my fault) I was carrying the plane and it was turned on (coming back inside from a flight) and somehow I must've bumped the throttle stick and WHAM the throttle starts up, the propeller slams into my arm and I scream... so make sure that your plane is unplugged before carrying it anywhere...

Second of all I purposely bought good electronics for this plane. BOTH of my $17 HS-50 5g servos are now dead. Once they get to a certain point they'll start clicking, bind up, or get stuck. I don't understand, I paid $32 for those servos and now they don't work after about 7 flights or so!

Dan
The good new is you can send the servos to hitec and they should fix them for you. It does suck cutting them out of the plane though
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:26 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
That's the stir

If you can't do rolling circuits, meaning regular rolls continuous you shouldn't try rolling Harriers. In fact rolling and turning is a better thing to perfect than rolling harriers.

On 2s vs 3s I can't imagine why anyone would need 3s with this little guy. It pretty much does everything on 2s. I usually go over kill on ku3d planes with my 48" exps using 5s 13x6.5 power plants but 2s is pretty much the max I will go on this frame.
So is mine a harrier or a rolling circuit?
I'm not so good going clockwise. I'll have another 2hr practice when the kids are in bed. What do I need to work on?
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:33 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
....BOTH of my $17 HS-50 5g servos are now dead. Once they get to a certain point they'll start clicking, bind up, or get stuck....
HS 50 is too weak in my opinion. You need about 1 kg/cm of torque for elevator and rudder. For the aileron servo the numbers are 1.5-2 kg/cm.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Last edited by Stark; Jul 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
So is mine a harrier or a rolling circuit?
I'm not so good going clockwise. I'll have another 2hr practice when the kids are in bed. What do I need to work on?
Can't view the video on mobile, probably due to copy wright on songs.

But a rolling circuit is just a standard roll but making turns during the roll, like circle, figure 8 or loops. Perfect these and fly them smoothly.and you will learn the high alpha moves faster.

Its all about building a good foundation.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:47 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
The good new is you can send the servos to hitec and they should fix them for you. It does suck cutting them out of the plane though
How's that good news? Now that I got about a 1/2 day of fun I have to wait again for weeks for them to get fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
HS 50 is too weak in my opinion. You need about 1 kg/cm of torque for elevator and rudder. For the aileron servo the numbers are 1.5-2 kg/cm.
OK I guess that's good to know...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:27 AM
United States, MO, Raymore
Joined Nov 2011
242 Posts
Sorry to hear that DJO...That stinks..
I'm very happy with the power combo! I just wanted to say I love it. Again!
On a different note, Lots a people always say that if ya like something you buy, you more than likely will not say much about it however if ya hate something, you will come on here and rant about it. (just got done reading through the 130x heli forum)! What a bunch a crybabies over there, sorry.
That statement is very much untrue. I love this plane and will rate everything I buy with 100% honesty! Thanks again twisted! Just thinking about which one I will buy next!
My brothers 39 incher doesn't "float" as easy as this 32 incher, I will say that. I absolutely love mine! His has Allot more power and less forgiving is all, will be a nice next step I think, just not a beginner for me!
Oh, I love the 3 cell, I can understand the weight and the 2 cell is great. But I believe I will step up and buy more 3 cells. In the wind it helps "bring it back!" Just my 2 cents!
bradharvy is offline Find More Posts by bradharvy
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:34 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,530 Posts
Hmm yeah it does stink. However I guess that's just how the hobby goes as I've seen it... looks like the servos are under warranty so I'll be able to get new ones. However I'd rather just upgrade to metal geared anyways. My mom is still trying to get me out of the hobby... oh well LOL

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,613 Posts
I agree, I have the standard power pack and it's perfect. I get a little servo drift with temperature I think. But I got that on the fat yak too. Just a little trim each time I fly is no hassle for me.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:01 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
The HS-50 and SG51r specs are just about the same, surprised to hear the Hitecs failed...

The HS-55's would have been the better choice (and less $ than the HS-50), adding all of 3 grams each weight-wise.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,330 Posts
Figured I'd post a vid since I haven't.
Crack Yak 2 (3 min 0 sec)
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Last edited by KamikazePilot; Jul 11, 2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Posted wrong video
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:42 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Went out to practice at lunch and met a chain link fence.

Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,613 Posts
I can do the rolling circle anti clockwise, but not clockwise. Dont understand that.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
I can do the rolling circle anti clockwise, but not clockwise. Dont understand that.
Don't you just have to reverse the inputs?
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)