SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 21, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Aug 2002
92 Posts
Discussion
brushed/geared power systems

I have approximately 10 brushed/geared car motor type motors that I used in SAM competition starting about 15 years ago. Does anyone know of a market for these fine, but older units. They are great for powering larger, old-timer designs such as the Playboy, Lanzo Bomber and many many others. Esc's are still available for these brushed motors. The price is certainly right. Your thoughts please. Pepflyer
PHIL PEARCE is offline Find More Posts by PHIL PEARCE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:00 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
I'm full up with old astros and geared 400's!!

But they make great vintage style power units - where you aren't looking for huge power, run at low throttle and gears make for big props, and the weight is handy to replace an old IC engine!

And with 2.4Ghz gear glitching is a thing of the past mostly.
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL PEARCE View Post
I have approximately 10 brushed/geared car motor type motors that I used in SAM competition starting about 15 years ago. Does anyone know of a market for these fine, but older units. They are great for powering larger, old-timer designs such as the Playboy, Lanzo Bomber and many many others. Esc's are still available for these brushed motors. The price is certainly right. Your thoughts please. Pepflyer
Hi Phil,

Your best bet is to advertise them in the "For Sale/Wanted" forum. You'll get much more exposure over there.

And yep, lots of guys (like myself) find brushed and geared combos very appealing.

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)