HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
Registered User
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1 View Post
Got my Flyguy ready for maiden. I had to put 3 oz. of stick-on lead on the head for balance! (lead-on-the-head, LOL) Which brought the AUW up to a total of 31.2 oz., including the 2200 3S LiPo. I did cut a hole in the neck to channel the battery wire.

All the colors I used are metallic. Chrome silver for the shirt, metallic black for the pants and boots, and metallic emerald green tights. It's really hard to capture the metallic glitter lustre in photos though...the black looks duller and the silver looks like plain white. So I took a photo comparing the silver to unpainted white Depron scraps to at least show that it is different. I'm going to put some sort of logo or decoration on the chest, but haven't decided exactly what yet. I might put a belt on him too, with colored packing tape. Still have some more details to paint too.

I cut the landing "skids" out of 1-inch-thick EPP foam. Hopefully the sponginess of it will help absorb shock on landings.
herk1,
Is it 62" or 46" version?
Looks great.
Good luck and please report the fly result.
Jason
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
herk1's Avatar
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,697 Posts
Thanks. It's the 62" from birdofplay. And now I have to figure out where I'm going to store it...
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:58 PM
CNC Cutter
birdofplay's Avatar
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,597 Posts
Well I "think" I have it all corrected now.
Flygirl 37 is presented as unproven drawing.

New tabs have been added ,
3mm slots have been moved outboard,
Side angles are 14 degrees and prop size is 5" dia,
6mm 3mm interface has been maintained and corrected for smooth exterior.
Legs have been shortened 2",
Head had been lengthened to yield overall length of 37.3"

I tried to "build it' in 3D CAD and everything seems to be OK.

Bob
Northwest Cutout Service
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1 View Post
Got my Flyguy ready for maiden. I had to put 3 oz. of stick-on lead on the head for balance! (lead-on-the-head, LOL) Which brought the AUW up to a total of 31.2 oz., including the 2200 3S LiPo. I did cut a hole in the neck to channel the battery wire.

All the colors I used are metallic. Chrome silver for the shirt, metallic black for the pants and boots, and metallic emerald green tights. It's really hard to capture the metallic glitter lustre in photos though...the black looks duller and the silver looks like plain white. So I took a photo comparing the silver to unpainted white Depron scraps to at least show that it is different. I'm going to put some sort of logo or decoration on the chest, but haven't decided exactly what yet. I might put a belt on him too, with colored packing tape. Still have some more details to paint too.

I cut the landing "skids" out of 1-inch-thick EPP foam. Hopefully the sponginess of it will help absorb shock on landings.
Herk1: you got to haul that into the air.... soon. He wants to fly.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:01 PM
CNC Cutter
birdofplay's Avatar
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,597 Posts
OK , once again I believe that I have the 62" Fly Girl ready.

this one is a 15 deg sided version with adjusted slots and tabs
plus new tabs up front near the Prop slot.

Legs have been shortened per Otto's request
and an 8" prop fits handily.

Bob
Northwest Cutout Service
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:06 PM
Registered User
SUNLAND,CALIFORNIA
Joined Sep 2006
117 Posts
Hi Bob-So does this mean you are ready to ship out the Flygirl to me.Patrick-California
PACIFICAIRE is offline Find More Posts by PACIFICAIRE
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:14 PM
CNC Cutter
birdofplay's Avatar
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,597 Posts
I have NOT forgotten your Pre-Order !

I believe it's ready to go !

Wanna be the 1st to receive one ?
Like next Monday :-)))

I'll have to cut it first :-)
Could start shipping tomorrow !

Bob
Northwest Cutout Service
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay View Post
I have NOT forgotten your Pre-Order !

I believe it's ready to go !

Wanna be the 1st to receive one ?
Like next Monday :-)))

I'll have to cut it first :-)
Could start shipping tomorrow !

Bob
Northwest Cutout Service
I should get the build logs up in the next couple days. I have all that I need now, just need to do the work.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:08 AM
Registered User
glue hand brian's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Uxbridge
Joined Jan 2012
983 Posts
well i decided to start again and hopefully do a better job..might even get a paint job this time..
was mine the first one to fly in the uk?
glue hand brian is offline Find More Posts by glue hand brian
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glue hand brian View Post
well i decided to start again and hopefully do a better job..might even get a paint job this time..
was mine the first one to fly in the uk?
I think you have the Flyguy European honors too. So another continent can be added to the list. Will post one of your videos up in post #2 of the "Foamie Flyguy in 4 sizes" Discussion thread.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
glue hand brian's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Uxbridge
Joined Jan 2012
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
I think you have the Flyguy European honors too. So another continent can be added to the list. Will post one of your videos up in post #2 of the "Foamie Flyguy in 4 sizes" Discussion thread.
cool, so what do i win..lol
glue hand brian is offline Find More Posts by glue hand brian
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glue hand brian View Post
cool, so what do i win..lol
By the powers vested in me, you are now this thread's European Lord.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:23 PM
Registered User
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,152 Posts
Hi Otto,
I see your building thread for 61" flygirl.
Are you going to do for 37" one?
Thanks
Jason
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatala View Post
Hi Otto,
I see your building thread for 61" flygirl.
Are you going to do for 37" one?
Thanks
Jason
Yep. Maybe tonight.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:10 PM
Registered User
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
Yep. Maybe tonight.
Thanks Otto. What setup do you have on flygal 37?
Can you list out?
Thanks
Jason
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 62" Electric Hawker Typhoon build walts Electric Warbirds 433 Sep 04, 2014 08:42 AM
Discussion Hobbyking Decathlon 62.6inch build log zaguruinzasky Scale ARF/RTF 13 Dec 05, 2012 08:36 PM
Discussion 62" Extra 300 foamie build BQuick Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 9 Dec 27, 2007 07:50 PM