HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:41 AM
Registered User
Hugeone's Avatar
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesa3rd View Post
Hugo, Alex,
how does this antenna perform "1.2ghz long range omni "air""? where are it's strengths and weaknesses.
I strange can't seem to locate an good info about antenna but I'm very interested. Already have many
flights on the SP and Clover's and love them but just looking for some more range with my single RX base
station. I'm also always open to try new kewl looking antennas

Hugo,
I see you are out of sock on this antenna but I'm curious if you build to order?

Joe
I prefer to build those to order, should take 2 weeks at most.
This antenna have very few weakness, usually high gain omni have weakness on top, but this one bend the lobe upward.

-Hugo
Hugeone is offline Find More Posts by Hugeone
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:02 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,523 Posts
Hugo,
not to change the subject on Low/medium range, but
what If I want High and Far? I have a big foamy Glider and I'm not
going to fly Low with this 2.6m glider anytime soon :-)

Is the "stacked" fan still a great Omni for High and Far on the VidRx?
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:13 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesa3rd View Post
Hugo, Alex,
how does this antenna perform "1.2ghz long range omni "air""? where are it's strengths and weaknesses.
I strange can't seem to locate an good info about antenna but I'm very interested. Already have many
flights on the SP and Clover's and love them but just looking for some more range with my single RX base
station. I'm also always open to try new kewl looking antennas

Hugo,
I see you are out of sock on this antenna but I'm curious if you build to order?

Joe
That antenna came from a very long phone conversation between Hugo and I. It's pretty new. Hugo was playing with long range omnis by vector phasing 75 ohm coaxial cables. I suggested he run out of resonance antennas on 1/2 wavelength 50 ohm coaxial cable. He simulated it, optimized it, and the long range omni was born.

It does work, but most people are so put off by the price, it is just not very popular. The issue is that these are not easy to build. He really is underpricing these things, I think.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:01 PM
Registered User
Hugeone's Avatar
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Hugo,
not to change the subject on Low/medium range, but
what If I want High and Far? I have a big foamy Glider and I'm not
going to fly Low with this 2.6m glider anytime soon :-)

Is the "stacked" fan still a great Omni for High and Far on the VidRx?

High and far? Suppose you're 5 miles out and one mile high, your elevation angle is 11deg., the stacked fan is still a good choice.

Alex is right, I build those because I'm proud of them, not because it's lucrative.

-Hugo
Hugeone is offline Find More Posts by Hugeone
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
55 Posts
Alex, Hugo,

Iím very much enjoying your innovation and evolution of these new FPV antennas.

Hugo,

That antenna sounds very intriguing so I would love to give one a try. Can you build me one when you find some free time?

Regards
Joe
joesa3rd is offline Find More Posts by joesa3rd
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:27 PM
Registered User
Hugeone's Avatar
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesa3rd View Post
Alex, Hugo,

Iím very much enjoying your innovation and evolution of these new FPV antennas.

Hugo,

That antenna sounds very intriguing so I would love to give one a try. Can you build me one when you find some free time?

Regards
Joe
Place an order for one on www.truerc.net/canada, the site will accept back-order. I'll then put it on my work log.

-Hugo
Hugeone is offline Find More Posts by Hugeone
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Low Pass Antenna Filter for 1.2GHz - 1.3GHz. Why this little thing is so expensive ? tushev FPV Talk 28 Aug 06, 2014 09:15 AM
Sold 1.2Ghz 8dBi patch antenna ecampos FPV Equipment (FS/W) 3 Dec 09, 2011 02:24 PM
Discussion small antenna for LR 1.2ghz video i3dm FPV Talk 2 Oct 03, 2011 11:44 AM
Wanted Need a 1.2GHz patch antenna and an antenna tracker ChrisS Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Jun 17, 2011 07:07 AM