HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gravityking, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:45 PM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Jan 2012
344 Posts
Discussion
Allow me to introduce myself!

My name is Craig. A 50 something year old kid who has found his second childhood with the childs first love, RC planes. Actually as a kid it was control line because only the elite could afford RC. In my 20's I finally made it to the elite status and got my first high wing trainer. Upon mastering it and now ready to move to a low winger my wife suggested I retire from the hobby. You married guys know about these suggestions!
Here I am now, she is not, and my new wife thinks this is just the greatest thing. At least she has for the past 5 years!
I hope to be an asset to the forums with some build logs as stick building is my greatest joy in the hobby, flying is second, and along the way help some folks out.
I am active in a local charity that has great hopes of having a youth center soon and I hope to be able to use RC as a tool in this venture.
So there's a brief intro, Thanks for your time and have a blessed day.

Craig
gravityking is online now Find More Posts by gravityking
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:19 AM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,402 Posts
Craig

Welcome to the forum- may it be as helpful to you as it has been to me!

Great attitude dude!

Odd
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:29 AM
..in a Johnny Cash voice.
Canada, NS, Beaver Bank
Joined Aug 2010
309 Posts
Dude.
Kick it hard! Awesome perspective and I like that you scratch-build too. This place is always stop one for my RC habit, I hope it's just as useful to you.

Can't wait to see some build log action. Keep up the smiles.

oh yes... Welcome.
Vintabilly_NS is offline Find More Posts by Vintabilly_NS
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:01 PM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Jan 2012
344 Posts
Awesome guys, Thanks
gravityking is online now Find More Posts by gravityking
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:44 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,403 Posts
Craig I started the same way. Control line .049 cox planes that I always thought would be so cool if you could do aerobatics with. Larger RC always seemed out of reach to me because of the costs etc. The low cost electric foamies are what got me into RC again as a middle ager. I also have refound my love of balsa building. Built lots of guillows kits as a kid but since I've been in RC I have built an electrifly cub kit and am getting ready to order an aerodrome WWI warbird kit. Still on the first wife though!

Regards,
Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe